Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Won the game with 16 points. That's the lowest scoring bracket possible, but I'm so thrilled to have survived I don't care too much about points.

I chose Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Sulu. I did wonder if I'd regret not taking Scotty, but I suppose I'll never know for sure what difference he may have made. In any case Sulu held his own.

I was certainly not having much luck finding the right Supplemental Cards, and without Spocks' ability to peek, I'd surely not have won. Finding the right cards came right down to the wire. I had been tempted to make other discoveries or challenge other cards but decided that the Enterprise was taking a beating and that now this was a race. On the one hand it was the team on the surface racing against the Klingon attack in orbit, but then suddenly on the other hand the Stardate counter was speeding along.

After sacrificing several character clicks I found myself with only two remaining components of the mission.
First, Spock threw everything at the Dilithium Mines, managing to engineer a pulse that completely purified the raw material and averting a planet-wide energy crisis.
That was Stardate 29!

If McCoys draw produced even one Stardate move the game was up ... But he didn't. There was still a chance. I knew I'd gotten lucky so it was now or never. I'd worked hard to get McCoy into position to save the High Priestesses life.
Sulu was just too far away to wait another turn, he'd never make it to the Temple of the Soul in time.
With his obvious medical skill, McCoy was the guy for the job and he pulled her through without issue. BUT it was after day 26! All that was left was to survive one more Klingon attack on the Enterprise!

As you already know, we survived that battle.
The game was won.

Took me all morning to get there, but that was one fun session.
This game is full of tension and hard choices. Hugely underrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb

You might be noticing this and a submission a couple of days ago are very similar.
This is the session I intended to submit in the first place.
I never intended to submit the other one but I accidentally did so, I think because of the tiny iPad keys!
Wasn't sure how the moderators would interpret that. In any case, you now have the rest of the story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.