Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Star Realms Masters Series, Fleets Discipline!

This is the main competition thread for the Fleets Discipline in Season 2 of the Star Realms Masters Series, while there will be plenty of information contained here, additional information can be found in the main thread:

Star Realms Masters Series – main discussion & announcement thread

The Fleets discipline is centered on competition using the Crisis: Fleets & Fortresses digital expansion and the Colony Wars Base Set for this season. Players who have qualified for the discipline should subscribe to this thread.

The Qualifier tournament, the Grind and the Exhibition tournament will all be played with format W-F, while the Crossover tournaments on the Circuit for this discipline will be W-1F, W-BF, W-EF, W-HF, W-FC, & W-F2. There are eight chances to earn an entry into the Mastery Invitational; by being the highest discipline finisher in any of the six Crossover tournaments, winning the Exhibition tournament, or finishing first in the Grind. If a player earns an invite through multiple means, their extra spot(s) will be awarded to the next highest finisher in The Grind. All discipline members will participate in the Mastery Open Tournament. Both halves of the Mastery Tournament will be W-F.

Qualifier Tournament
The Qualifier tournament is a six-round swiss competition. In each round, players will be paired up a play a 2-Game match in the prescribed format, recording the match result in Challonge as a win for a player winning both games, or a tie if the players split the games. In general, the Top-16 players will qualify (specifics in main thread). Trophy points will be awarded to qualifiers: 9-10 games won = 1 TP, 11-12 games won = 2 TP, 13-14 games won = 3 TP.

The Grind
Over the course of the season, discipline members will compete in a round-robin competition. Each week facing a different discipline peer in a two game set. The winner of the Grind will earn a spot in the Mastery Invitational. Trophy points will be awarded for performance in the Grind based on positional finish.

Crossover Tournaments
Each crossover tournament will be a double-elimination tournament that the members from two separate disciplines will come together to compete in, using the combined expansion format. All matches in the upper bracket will be played as best-of-three games, while matches in the lower bracket will be played as single-games. The final match will be played as a lop-sided best-of-five. The winner receives 4 trophy points, second and third place each earn 3 trophy points, fourth through eighth each earn 2 trophy point, and ninth through sixteenth all receive 1 trophy point. Participants who are members of both disciplines will receive the full amount of rewarded trophy points toward their ranking in both disciplines.

The Exhibition
The exhibition tournament will be a single-elimination tournament open to discipline members and non-members. Each match will be best-of-three games. There will be no trophy points awarded in the exhibition, but the winner, regardless of if they are a discipline member or not, will earn a spot in the Mastery Invitational. This event is designed to allow more players to participate in the seasonal proceedings, even if they fail to qualify for a discipline.

Mastery Tournament
Both halves of the mastery tournament are single elimination, and matches will be played as best-of-three games by default. Entry into the Invitational half requires winning the Exhibition, being the highest finishing discipline member in any of the Crossover tournaments, or finishing at the top of the table in the Grind, with extra spots (due to players qualifying multiple ways) going to the next highest finishers in the Grind. In the Open half of the tournament, advantages will be given to players who have accumulated more trophy points than their opponents. The idea is to place an appropriate level of importance on performance in earlier tournaments, while still allowing any member a reasonable chance at winning the mastery. The winners of the Open and the Invitational will then face off in a best-of-five to determine the discipline master.

Tentative Calendar

Qualifier Tournament - Complete
The Fleets Grind - Complete

Crossover Aces, W-1F - Complete
Exhibition Tournament - Complete
Crossover Events, W-EF - Complete
Crossover Deuces, W-F2 - Complete
Crossover Heroes, W-HF - Complete
Crossover Cosmic, W-FC - Complete
Crossover Deuces, W-F2 - Complete

Mastery Invitational -
Mastery Open Tournament -

[ Aces | Bases | Events | Heroes | Fleets | Cosmic | Deuces ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trophy Point Tracker:

| Q | A | E | D | H | C | B | G || Tot
Wheels* | 1 | 1 | 4 | 1 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 3 || 15
Darklighter* | 2 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 2 || 14
AgentSeto | 1 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 3 || 11
Matney | 1 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 2 | 1 || 10
Duirin* | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 1 || 10
HomerJr* | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 4 | 0 | 1 | 2 || 9
NGD* | 0 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 4 | 0 || 9
Ciago | 1 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 0 || 8
FuzzyLogic0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 1 || 7
Poca | 1 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 || 6
neocow | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 2 || 6
WestDaddyUtd* | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 || 4
Magnetic* | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 || 4
TAGames | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 || 4
Dusto | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 || 4
ShinyObject | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 || 4
DCrossTL | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 || 2
xmouser | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 || 2
yarboa* |

*earned invite

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results:

Exhibition Tournament:
yarboa wins the Invite by taking out AgentSeto

Aces & Fleets Crossover:
dommola wins the tournament as an Aces representative,
Darklighter as the runner up earns the Invite,
Ciago finished fourth, behind rocksbg.

Events & Fleets Crossover:
Wheels wins over Darklighter, earning the Invite,
TAGames finishes fourth behind Zwivix.

Fleets & Deuces Crossover:
Duirin wins over FrUnitSeven and earns the Invite,
AgentSeto finished in third,
Dusto takes fourth place.

Heroes & Fleets Crossover:
HomerJr defeats Matney to earn the Invite,
SonofThoth94 takes third,
ColinMacLeod finishes in fourth.

Fleets & Cosmic Crossover:
Wheels wins the Invite with a victory over SonofThoth94,
iLLegaL finishes in third,
AgentSeto takes fourth.

Bases & Fleets Crossover:
NGD wins over Darklighter, earning the Invite,
Duirin takes third,
AgentSeto finishes fourth.

The Fleets Grind:
Magnetic & WestDaddyUtd tie for first with 26 points,
Wheels finished second,
AgentSeto round out the top trophy point earners.

The Fleets Mastery Invitational, Seeding:

1. Wheels - Fleets & Cosmic winner, Events & Fleets winner
2. Magnetic - The Fleets Grind
2. WestDaddyUtd - The Fleets Grind (from Wheels)
4. HomerJr - Heroes & Fleets Crossover winner
5. yarboa - Fleets Exhibition winner
6. Darklighter - Aces & Fleets Crossover runner up
7. Durin - Fleets & Deuces Crossover winner
8. NGD - Bases& Fleets Crossover winner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Aces & Fleets Crossover has launched.

As a reminder - matches in the upper bracket are best-of-three, but matches in the lower bracker are single-game.

Crossover - Aces & Fleets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is Round 2 of the Grind.

Round 1 matches remaining:

DCrossTL vs. Magnetic
FuzzyLogic0 vs. Dusto
HomerJr vs. WestDaddyUtd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nix G-D
msg tools
mb
The challonge event for the grind has a typo (the format is written W-B, not W-F) and because of it xmouser and I are playing two W-B games. One is already finished and the next is well on its way. Could we get a ruling on if these games should count or if we should replay them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that’s an artifact of too much copying and pasting. The games should be replayed as W-F, I certainly apologize if that changes the outcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 3 of the Grind started on Friday 3/9.
https://sr-masters.challonge.com/season2_fleets_grind

Outstanding Round 2 matches:
AgentSeto - HomerJr
Dusto - Neocow

Crossover Aces-Fleets is still ongoing:
https://sr-masters.challonge.com/season2_1f_crossover

Three matches blocking the field:
W SF: rocksbg - thedannysoto (best of 3)
L R3: FuzzyLogic0 - ShinyObject (best of 1)
L PQ: DarthBinkly - Ciago (best of 1)

Players waiting for winners of these matches:
Darklighter
Wheels
CrankyDay

Also, the Fleets exhibition (Single-elimination, best of 3) begins Thursday.
https://sr-masters.challonge.com/season2_fleets_exhibit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
1f crossover challenge out to wheels.

Wheels, when might you be able to play our game through in one sitting this weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wheelock
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FuzzyLogic0 wrote:
1f crossover challenge out to wheels.

Wheels, when might you be able to play our game through in one sitting this weekend?

Any time tomorrow should work. I'm on the east coast of the US so I'll be ready to go at 8 AM EDT. We've played a few turns before I saw this. If you want to hold off and finish in one sitting tomorrow that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
We played some turns in my lunch hour :-). The point is to finish the games as my early games in this competition have caused a bit of a road block.
If I have the time conversion right I'll be available anytime during your morning tomorrow, we can continue to play this evening as time permits np. Good luck! Also the winner faces dommola. Eish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Southworth
msg tools
mb
Can you stop putting me against LordOfFrozen in the first round of Exhibition tournaments? pls and ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PocahontasTP wrote:
Can you stop putting me against LordOfFrozen in the first round of Exhibition tournaments? pls and ty

Oh. Haha. I didn’t even realize you two were drawn together both times. I guess he is a decent player? I’ve no personal experience. I’ll make sure you can lose to someone different next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Aces and Fleets Crossover has come to a conclusion.

Darklighter made it all the way to the finals in the winner's bracket, but fell to the always tough dommola after he climbed back from the losers bracket. The second place finish is still good for an invite to the Fleets Mastery Invitational tournament though.

Fleets members had a tough time against the Aces, only taking 3 of the top-8 spots, with 6 members earning trophy points. (2nd/3rd = 3 TP, 4th/5th/7th = 2 TP, 9th/13th = 1 TP)

2, Darklighter
4, Ciago
7, Matney
9, Magnetic & Wheels
13, FuzzyLogic0

The Points Standings have be updated to reflect these points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is the start of the Grind, Round 07.

there are 3 outstanding matches for earlier rounds:
Round 05: HomerJr vs. Dusto
Round 06: HomerJr vs. Magnetic
Round 06: Dusto vs. Matney

In the Events & Fleets crossover, are oldest outstanding matches are:
Magnetic vs. ThrrMezaz (best of three)
Zwivix vs. AgentSeto (best of three)

Fleets & Deuces crossover starts next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey ngd, I see you posted the grind result last week but according to my results we only finished that yesterday as 1-1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nix G-D
msg tools
mb
FuzzyLogic0 wrote:
Hey ngd, I see you posted the grind result last week but according to my results we only finished that yesterday as 1-1.

So I see three W-F matches in PSR between us recently:
1) Finished April 1st, ngd wins 13 to -4
2) Finished April 7th, ngd wins 19 to 0
3) Finished April 9th, FuzzyLogic wins 3 to -6

My assumption was that #1 and #2 were for the grind. But it's entirely possible that #1 was unrelated, as it's significantly earlier. I just can't think of what it was for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I must have missed that first one. It is in the time frame and I see no other reason for it. Most likely I just forgot it and sent the 3rd challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey shinyobject, we have completed 2 games for fleets grind. I've logged it as 1-1. You sent another challenge I want to make sure there is no confusion, or that I didn't miss something again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossposted from Deuces Thread:
FrUnit7 wrote:
@Duirin: Good and tense games in the Fleets & Deuces crossover finals. It ended epic in the 5th match (*) where I miss the win by 1 combat point! Well played and congrats!

(*) 4th one in reality, as the first was an auto win for Duirin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I've been a bit busy and not on top of all this Star realms. Catching up now I see that in bf crossover magnetic and I only played 1 game in the winners bracket, it was already reported and the losers bracket game has already started. Is that just unfortunate for me that I was not monitoring every single game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FuzzyLogic0 wrote:
So I've been a bit busy and not on top of all this Star realms. Catching up now I see that in bf crossover magnetic and I only played 1 game in the winners bracket, it was already reported and the losers bracket game has already started. Is that just unfortunate for me that I was not monitoring every single game?

Match was re-opened; Kenn was informed of the situation. Your game with him will still count if you lose to Magnetic officially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. Sorry about the confusion.

Challenges already received from magnetic. GL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results have been posted for the top finishers of all the crossovers, and the Trophy Points table as been fully updated above.

Invitational Seeding summary:
players are sorted into tiers based on number of invites earned
players within tier are sorted by finishing position in the Grind
ties are broken by number of trophy points
an exhibition winner from outside the discipline takes the 5th seed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.