Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theresa C.
United States
Midwestern Girl
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not already signed up to receive coupons from HPB, now is a good time to do so.
Starting Monday, Nov. 6th savings begin with 20% off and end with a 50% off coupon for Sunday Nov.12th. You can also share coupons with friends by email, twitter and FB. Note: HPB sells new and used games, they will hold items for up to 7 days plus, if you purchase a $25 HPB gift card, you get a $5 bonus card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CollegeAveGamer wrote:
they will hold items for up to 7 days plus

Does that mean I can hold a game, say, on Monday when it's 20% off, but not pay for it until Sunday, when it's 50% off (and get the 50% off deal)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just HILARIOUS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
CollegeAveGamer wrote:
they will hold items for up to 7 days plus

Does that mean I can hold a game, say, on Monday when it's 20% off, but not pay for it until Sunday, when it's 50% off (and get the 50% off deal)?

That might work. One time I went in on a Sat. with a Sunday coupon, thinking it was Sunday. The clerk asked if they wanted me to have them hold it until the next day and they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
Can I print out multiple copy of the coupon and let my friend use it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
alvinltlo wrote:

I'm not sure if the coupon codes are unique or not, but all they have to do is sign up for the mailing list and they'll get their own coupons anyway or you could sign up with 2 email addresses to confirm whether they are unique coupon codes or not (at which point you'd have 2 sets anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
alvinltlo wrote:

I'm not sure if the coupon codes are unique or not, but all they have to do is sign up for the mailing list and they'll get their own coupons anyway or you could sign up with 2 email addresses to confirm whether they are unique coupon codes or not (at which point you'd have 2 sets anyway).

I signed up using two emails to see if the bar codes were unique last time when this sale went on at HPB (back in July) and the codes were indeed unique. It's really easy to sign up using a different email account though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still haven't got an email over here.

Pete (wonders if the sale is regional)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa C.
United States
Midwestern Girl
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've held items in the past for me regardless of sale but, be sure to check with your local store. I don't believe the sale is regional because it gives the option to share the savings with others. I can share it with anyone but, you'd have to send me a gm.

EDIT: Note that each coupon is for a percentage off of your highest priced item only and not your complete purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moogle310 wrote:

I signed up using two emails to see if the bar codes were unique last time when this sale went on at HPB (back in July) and the codes were indeed unique. It's really easy to sign up using a different email account though.

Coupon and hold policies seem to vary a lot from store to store. I don't know if coupon codes have always been unique, but up until last year the stores near us would just keep a coupon behind the counter and scan it for anyone who hadn't signed up yet, someone who was signed up but forgot their coupon, etc. If you brought a coupon, they'd initial it and hand it back to you while encouraging you to use it again that same day at another location. But recently they've been taking the coupons from us after one use. I don't know if it's just our regional manager, but they've gotten a lot stricter in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Still haven't got an email over here.

Pete (wonders if the sale is regional)

That was me too, except when I double checked again today, I realized I had somehow deleted it because it was in the "promotions" tab of my gmail. So maybe worth double checking in your "trash" or "spam" folder. The email was sent out on Nov 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Goolsby
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
Res gesta per excellentiam
badge
I belong in a museum.... of heads... (Free on Tuesdays)
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time this happened, I came in to get a book and didn't know it was a special. The guy at the counter gave me the 50% off if I signed up for next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
The Everett, WA location has a ton of LOTR card game expansions, probably 8-10 different ones. Worth taking a look, they also have a few other decent games there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rod
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up re: this coupon. I just signed up and immediately got the 20% off online purchase coupon. I didn't yet receive the 7 Days of Savings coupon. If I was too late, so be it, but I wanted to holler here to ensure there wasn't something else I was missing. (I'm keeping an eye on my spam/trash folders.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad it's working for some folks, but I've never found anything worth buying at HPB, even at 50% off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shuman
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
I live in Gurnee and go to the Northbrook HPB. Coupon was sent via email on Friday. Perhaps check your spam folder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
panchar wrote:
Thanks for the heads up re: this coupon. I just signed up and immediately got the 20% off online purchase coupon. I didn't yet receive the 7 Days of Savings coupon. If I was too late, so be it, but I wanted to holler here to ensure there wasn't something else I was missing. (I'm keeping an eye on my spam/trash folders.)

Looking back to my emails from the last time this sale happened in July, HPB send out another email (on Monday) once the sale actually got started and again at each subsequent 10% increase in coupon savings, so odds are good that you'll get something tomorrow morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adams
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The HP books near us carry new Board Games that begin at 20% off MSRP. The coupon is then counted against already discounted price. In essence, the Sunday coupon is for 60% off a new board game. In the past couple of years, I've used it on Tyrants of the Underdark, Champions of Midgard, and Pathfinder Adventures. It really varies by store though, as the location a few miles away carries hardly any games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
Glad it's working for some folks, but I've never found anything worth buying at HPB, even at 50% off.

I signed up, and I agree.....the search function is difficult to use if you are looking for board games....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G.
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just saw that the local HPB outlet in Olympia, WA, is selling everything for $1 this coming Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
falluper wrote:
I just saw that the local HPB outlet in Olympia, WA, is selling everything for $1 this coming Saturday.

But will they honor the 40% off coupon?

Edit: Of course I was just kidding, but in case anyone didn't read the coupon fine print, the answer would be no, the % off coupons are not good in the HPB outlet stores (or online).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
falluper wrote:

I've never been down to the outlet. Do they generally have a really good selection of games or is it hit and miss?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G.
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No idea, I just moved to town!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa C.
United States
Midwestern Girl
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped in my local store and noticed they had KingDomino. I asked if they would hold it for a few days. They said it was no problem and said, "It's a sale week, we have a lot of people have us hold things".

KingDomino will be $8. They also had Spyfall which will be $5. Other new games there were Catan, Catan Jr., Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Splender, Firefly Fluxx and a few others.

There wasn't a lot for used games but, you never know what might come in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hostetler
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went today. No Kingdomino left in the new section but the used section had The Infinite Board Game aka Piecepack with a nice book on a bunch of games to play. It was new in shrink for $7 before coupon. at 40% off that. For a around $5, I think it was a good deal (I've been looking at it off and on anyway)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just HILARIOUS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Terraforming Mars for $36 in Mesa, AZ today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.