GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,009 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

1 Player guild» Forums » General

Subject: Proposal: Monthly shopping/new games thread/list. Help needed! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

While discussing our October purchases some of us came up with the idea that it would be nice to turn the irregular "shopping thread" into a regular monthly thing.

This thread is here because we decided we need your help with deciding on a name and format for these monthly threads. Well, actually it may very well be that I was the initiator, so I hope it's ok. whistle But, since I want everyone to have fun participating it's extremely important to me that we decide these things together.

So, without further ado, here are the questions:

Poll
What format would you prefer?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
GeekList
70.3% 78
Regular thread
29.7% 33
Voters 111
Which of the following names do you like the best?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
The 1PG Collective Acquisition Disorder - November 2017
38.7% 46
1PG's Monthly Shopping Spree - November 2017
12.6% 15
The 1PG Monthly Acquisition GeekList - November 2017
25.2% 30
1PG Purchases On Your Table - November 2017
37.8% 45
other
0.0% 0
Voters 119
This poll is now closed.   119 answers
Poll created by Zakoholic
Closes: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:00 am

Adding some pros and cons for either format may help others understand your vote or even get them to vote for your side. (Not that there's sides here, really)

It would also help tremendously if you add a suggestion to your reply if you choose other as a name.

Thanks for your time and hopefully your participation!

Just for transparency: I will, of course, also vote in those polls. I'm open to the outcome as I really just want to have fun and talk about your acquisitions (or mine).

Thank you Albert, for letting me use your wallet image. Since it fits so perfectly, we should maybe use it as our official header image for now!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I like the name "Purchases on your table" since it fits nicely with "Games on your table" - how many of our acquisitions in a given month actually make it to the table in that month? I know mine hardly do, and some never make it at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was what steered me to a different choice as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I somehow didn't even make that connection. I just thought about "on your table" as in "brought home" or something like that.

edit: I also thought that the "Solitaire New To Me" lists are where the games that you played for the first time are listed.

edit: clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glaya B
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakoholic wrote:
edit: I also thought that the "Solitaire New To Me" lists are where the new games are listed.

Those are for games that were actually played, though, not just purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weyrbrat wrote:
Zakoholic wrote:
edit: I also thought that the "Solitaire New To Me" lists are where the new games are listed.

Those are for games that were actually played, though, not just purchased.

Correct, that‘s what I actually meant to say. New games played go on that list, new purchases on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a regular list. I’m not as concerned with what title wins. I enjoy seeing what everyone else gets in a given month. It does tend to make my wish list become even longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redheaded Pharmacist wrote:
I enjoy seeing what everyone else gets in a given month. It does tend to make my wish list become even longer.

I've realized that this entire site is just one giant wishlist that contains a multitude of tinier wishlists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
mbmbmbmbmb
SGATYS - Solitaire Games Added To Your Shelf (nice ring with SGOYT)

But really, it's your baby, just do it, name it, and folks will use it. No need for polls and group think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a regular list. I’m not as concerned with what title wins. I enjoy seeing what everyone else gets in a given month. It does tend to make my wish list become even longer.

Same here.

spaceman23 wrote:
I enjoy seeing what everyone else gets in a given month. It does tend to make my wish list become even longer.

I've realized that this entire site is just one giant wishlist that contains a multitude of tinier wishlists.

That's so true. laugh

klkitchens wrote:
SGATYS - Solitaire Games Added To Your Shelf (nice ring with SGOYT)

But really, it's your baby, just do it, name it, and folks will use it. No need for polls and group think.

Thanks! I really like the ring of name. I wanted to avoid having solitaire in the title because you can list every game. Not only ones with a solo mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Face Hugger
United States
flag msg tools
Perfectly safe, I assure you.
badge
Something to see.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the idea of a list of games newly available for retail sale this month. Info I can act on.

Lists of stuff people just got from KS pledges they made a year ago, not so much.

Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry that I missed November due to various personal reasons but I finally submitted the list for December:
The 1 Player Guild's Collective Acquisition Disorder -- December 2017 Edition

Please share the link and feel free to contact me via GM or the list itself if you have any questions.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.