Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Markham/GTA No-Ship Math Trade (Nov 2017) Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Wood For Sheep is hosting a Markham/GTA No-Ship Math Trade on Sunday November 19th, 2017.

The Math Trade geeklist can be found here

Key Dates
Submissions Deadline: Monday, Nov 13th, 2017 at 10pm
Want Lists Deadline: Thursday, Nov 16th, 2017 at 11pm
Results: Will be posted ASAP after the Want List Deadline.


Trade Date & Location
Where: Wood For Sheep Markham Game Centre
When: Sunday Nov 19th, 2017
Time: 1:30pm ~ 2:00pm - drop off games
2:00pm ~ 2:30pm - pick up new games

Please post any questions or concerns in this thread.

Thanks for participating!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweeeeet. Thanks, man!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
What's the policy for removing items no longer available? Delete or the traditional submit an empty want list?

I recall people mentioning that delete works with the trade tool, but I'm not sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Some people prefer that the item be blanked out, with a note identifying what it used to be (so people aren't confused when items disappear). I think we'll go with that, unless there's large outrage.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mooken wrote:
Some people prefer that the item be blanked out, with a note identifying what it used to be (so people aren't confused when items disappear). I think we'll go with that, unless there's large outrage.

OUTRAGE

Just kidding
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Philippe
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,
I randomly found this post and I am very curious.
I never heard of No-Ship Math Trade and was wishing someone could explain what it is or direct me to another post where I could find details.
I am from Woodbridge area.

Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
TrippleB9 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I randomly found this post and I am very curious.
I never heard of No-Ship Math Trade and was wishing someone could explain what it is or direct me to another post where I could find details.
I am from Woodbridge area.

Thank you


Hi Bert,
The general is that you can trade games you own (but may bored of), for someone else's games. Since it's unlikely for you to find an exact 1-1 trading partner, a Math trade will try and create multi-person trade chains/webs so that everyone gets what they want.

See here for an illustration https://www.woodforsheep.ca/blogs/woodforsheep-news/november...

Happy to help answer questions. No-ship makes it clear that everyone needs to be at WFS in person for the day of actual trades, Sunday Nov 19th. (there are some cross-canada shipping math trades as well)

Edit: NoShip, not NoShow
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TrippleB9 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I randomly found this post and I am very curious.
I never heard of No-Ship Math Trade and was wishing someone could explain what it is or direct me to another post where I could find details.
I am from Woodbridge area.

Thank you


https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/item/3536504#item3...

Basically you post all the games you want to trade...
Choose the games you're willing to receive in exchange for your games (and SUBMIT your wantlist)...
Everyone's trade/want lists are calculated to result in the most trades possible (Be aware that the result might only have you trading one game out of the many that you posted...or could be 0...or all).
You go to the central location and drop off your games and then pick up your games shortly after.

The trades are typically something like...
A gives up Jamaica and receives Deus from E
B gives up Flamme Rouge and receives Jamaica from A
C gives up Mysterium and receives Flamme Rouge from B
D gives up $50 giftcard and receives Mysterium from C
E gives up Deus and receives $50 giftcard from D


edit: i was too slow
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Philippe
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Interesting concept. I guess I would have to see if I have anything for trade to start with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul paul
msg tools
Hi, regarding the drop off time, is it possible to drop off my games on Saturday around 1pm to 5pm?

Similar to picking up the games, I can't make it there at 2pm, but later around 4pm?

Please let me know if this solution works or if there is any other work arounds, thanks!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
Uxbridge
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, Everyone -

After speaking with Ken and Nathan from WoodForSheep, they've giving me the okay to post this message . . .

My wife is looking to start a board game club at Uxbridge Public School and, although there is a very meager budget she has been allotted, she'll be looking for some donations to try to get the club off the ground. I understand that asking for 'freebies' may offend some, so I'll apologize now, but I also know that many users of this site are very generous and enthusiastic about growing the hobby.

Most of the students that she is targeting are between 9-14 yrs. old, lack some social skills, and have difficulty making friends on the playground. As we all know, board games can alleviate some of that difficulty of meeting people, and it may give some youngsters a positive outlet within a school setting.

Regardless of whether or not you are able to help out, I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this, and thank you for your consideration.

Chris
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Begger41 wrote:
Hi, Everyone -

After speaking with Ken and Nathan from WoodForSheep, they've giving me the okay to post this message . . .

My wife is looking to start a board game club at Uxbridge Public School and, although there is a very meager budget she has been allotted, she'll be looking for some donations to try to get the club off the ground. I understand that asking for 'freebies' may offend some, so I'll apologize now, but I also know that many users of this site are very generous and enthusiastic about growing the hobby.

Most of the students that she is targeting are between 9-14 yrs. old, lack some social skills, and have difficulty making friends on the playground. As we all know, board games can alleviate some of that difficulty of meeting people, and it may give some youngsters a positive outlet within a school setting.

Regardless of whether or not you are able to help out, I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this, and thank you for your consideration.

Chris


I HIGHLY recommend she consider putting some $10 or 15 gift certificates into math trades targeting some gateway titles in non-perfect condition, or check out the bring and buy auction at TABSCon - that could stretch that budget further than it ever would at retail.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
paulpaul2076 wrote:
Hi, regarding the drop off time, is it possible to drop off my games on Saturday around 1pm to 5pm?

Similar to picking up the games, I can't make it there at 2pm, but later around 4pm?

Please let me know if this solution works or if there is any other work arounds, thanks!



Drop a note at info@woodforsheep.ca and let them know about your request for alternate drop-off/pick-up arrangements. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had to blank out my want lists. Turns out this weekend is just going to be a little too busy to fit in dropping by the Math Trade...

If anyone was interested in any of my stuff, drop me a note, or look for it in the TABSCon Math Trade, and/or other upcoming local ones...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Math Trade Results are finals! Congratulations, and see you all on Sunday for the physical trade!

Thank you all for participating!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend dropped off my game today, and I've already received my g.c. online from darkruffy.

Thanks Ken for organizing and Woodforsheep for hosting!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese B
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the folks doing trades involving WFS gift cards: How does the commission to BGG work?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mercurial cc
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
chaosensues wrote:
For the folks doing trades involving WFS gift cards: How does the commission to BGG work?


For the person receiving gift cards, you can setup a item for sale in the amount, explained here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1483987/cash-value-trades-m...

The easiest way might be to sell the miscellaneous item and purchase it yourself, for BGG to collect 3%, as confirmed here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Korea
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
My friend drop off my one trade. I'll have to pick it up monday. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.