Hide
1 Posts

Scarab Lords» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Some games with the basic rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan barroso
msg tools
After play exclusively with the advanced rules, yesterday I ask my girlfriend to play some basic rules games. I want to taste the two decks a couple of times, without the white cards. Trying to figure out the different possibilities of each one.

At last, we play 5 games, I use the red one two times and the blue one three times (in the beginning I pray my partner for play, the last two was her who ask for another one)

Here in the BGG I had read that the red one is a little stronger than the blue. My 2 first games, with it gave me the victory, but I have two great initial hands (specially the second one with 2 cards of Enhu). So we decided to change the decks. Again I won 2 games but it was a bit more difficult. First I went for the economic supremacies trying to get good cards. I was anxious to play the seven Sphinxes (my idea was to play a couple of them and then use mass purification. That building is not very stronger but you can use it on every column) in the end I use two of them, lastly I gained control in most of the columns and thanks to Ur-Tet I cursed and cursed and cursed again.
The second game with the blue one was very tense till the end and again I won by supremacy.
In the last one, after a 4-0 score, my girlfriend's asked for another one playing her with the red one. Rapidly she gained military control and my deck started to run down. And Enhu ruined all my cards. She won by deck waste but I was near of the supremacy victory.

Yesterday I could taste better the basic decks and I liked it, I don't use to play buildings and yesterday they give me some supremacies, and cards like mass purification or plague of ash seemed to have more sense (only seemed, I couldn't use plague of ash in my three blue games but it's seemed possible)

So I really think that red is a brutal deck and the blue player needs all of his arms. For me the most important counter-red power are the gods. As a blue player, you need to leave the gods in your hand to cotrarest the Enhu power while trying to gain some religious supremacies and block the best cards. The red deck strategy is primarly to empty the other deck, but you can win by supremacy as well.

So a good night of playing time with a really good game (I don't understand it's low rate).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.