Subject: People liking stuff I don't and not liking stuff I do rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, it has come to my attention that there are members here who like things I don't like, like golf and wargames and dislike things I do like, like worker placement game and coöps.

Obviously, if I don't like something, it's because that thing is stupid. Why should people here like stupid things? Conversely, if I like something, it must be cool. People should like what I like.

How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like? I'm not even sure if such people are even members here. They are more like watchers or over-there-ers. Not people doing what I think this hobby should be.

And oh, even though this is a post on a discussion board, I really don't want your opinions or discussion, I just wanted to post about how right I am in my opinions.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Look on my works ye mighty and despair
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree but would like to point out that it is entirely different when I say that certain games are rubbish.

That doesn't count because lots of people agree with me. But some games fully deserve their sacred cow status on here and should get privileges that the games I don't like don't. Because my games are ART and yours aren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Victoria
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Recently, it has come to my attention that there are members here who like things I don't like, like golf and wargames and dislike things I do like, like worker placement game and coöps.

Hey, that's me!

Quote:
And oh, even though this is a post on a discussion board, I really don't want your opinions or discussion, I just wanted to post about how right I am in my opinions.

Oops blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, the way to convince people is to post about it on BGG and ignore their dissenting opinions. Looks like you're on the right track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul cleveland
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato
badge
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. " -Unknown author ?
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:

Obviously, if I don't like something, it's because that thing is stupid. Why should people here like stupid things? Conversely, if I like something, it must be cool. People should like what I like.

How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like? I'm not even sure if such people are even members here. They are more like watchers or over-there-ers. Not people doing what I think this hobby should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IdleHacker wrote:
Obviously, the way to convince people is to post about it on BGG and ignore their dissenting opinions. Looks like you're on the right track.
of course I am, because I'm always right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Grote
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well naturally i have to disagree with you in every point you make so i quote sections of your post to tell you how wrong your opinion is and how superior mine is.

Like this:
DragonsDream wrote:

I think you are wrong!

DragonsDream wrote:

Obviously this is also wrong. For a lot of reasons but mainly because my opinion is different than yours!

DragonsDream wrote:

I don't even know how i can quantify how much better my opinion on this particular topic is.

There you have it. Served.

Oh and also, can someone recommend a game for me and my newborn 2 weeks old infant? I think it likes CCGs and it's like super smart so it can easily play games a 4 weeks old could play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't evabody likes Rush? Who don't like powah-treeos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
DragonsDream wrote:
How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like?

After reading your post, I've decided to stop liking golf. I'm actually feeling a bit better already. Please could you suggest something new for me to like, and I shall promise to like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMunky wrote:

Oh and also, can someone recommend a game for me and my newborn 2 weeks old infant? I think it likes CCGs and it's like super smart so it can easily play games a 4 weeks old could play.

my first child will arrive in just under 6 weeks now. I have always wanted to be internet famous (being actually famous is too much work) so I am going to start a new video series called "gaming with baby" where my newborn explains games like Anachrony and Euphoria and Elysium. Keep an eye out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like?

After reading your post, I've decided to stop liking golf. I'm actually feeling a bit better already. Please could you suggest something new for me to like, and I shall promise to like it.

If you liked golf, you should try pool. it's like golf in that you hit a ball with a stick, but it has a lot more interaction and less of the boring parts like walking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Why don't evabody likes Rush? Who don't like powah-treeos?

I love Rush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Grote
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
my first child will arrive in just under 6 weeks now. I have always wanted to be internet famous (being actually famous is too much work) so I am going to start a new video series called "gaming with baby" where my newborn explains games like Anachrony and Euphoria and Elysium. Keep an eye out.

I will tell you that i will absolutely do so and that i love the idea and then actually never do because a do not care at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Victoria
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:

If you liked golf, you should try pool. it's like golf in that you hit a ball with a stick, but it has a lot more interaction and less of the boring parts like walking

Since you said you like golf, you should try football (soccer). It has absolutely nothing to do with anything you said you like, because I didn't actually read what you wrote.

I just recommend things I like because if other people like what I like, it validates my choices and reaffirms my belief that I make good choices in ways that looking back at my actual choices does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here, here!

Yes. Let's get back to dumping on Monopoly, Munchkin, CAH, abstracts, dexterity games, etc, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to point out that ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
But I get what you're saying. And agree we see too much of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Fox
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Desiree. There’s nothing wrong with liking the games that you do, and I’m sure that you think you enjoy playing them. But if you switched to playing my games, your enjoyment would be greatly enhanced! It’s a shame how many people trudge along getting limited satisfaction out of games they believe are great, when they could just check out the games rated 8-10 in my collection and have their gaming lives immediately transformed.

Tom Vasel and
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

have a look right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Look on my works ye mighty and despair
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WetRock wrote:
Here, here!

Yes. Let's get back to dumping on Monopoly, Munchkin, CAH, abstracts, dexterity games, etc, etc.

Absolutely! The general forum is set up to cater exclusively to Eurogamer tastes and we should respect that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theldyrn wrote:
Hi Desiree. There’s nothing wrong with liking the games that you do, and I’m sure that you think you enjoy playing them. But if you switched to playing my games, your enjoyment would be greatly enhanced! It’s a shame how many people trudge along getting limited satisfaction out of games they believe are great, when they could just check out the games rated 8-10 in my collection and have their gaming lives immediately transformed.

Tom Vasel and
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

have a look right now!

well I like Rahdo. Everybody should like Rahdo! He's a likable guy. What's not to like.

Tom Vassel... meh. I mean, I wouldn't kick him out of my house for playing Blood Rage or anything but yeah, whatever. I give permission to like him or not. I'm indifferent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I just want to point out that ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

[best Nigel Tufnel voice]But it's ironic[/]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmdre wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:

No it isn't.
Yes it is.
$5 dollars please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have created the below post so people can just copy and paste the section between the two lines. It will save precious time in the future.:

---------

I can't believe the rise of [game genre / mechanic] lately. I can't believe anyone would like [thing] or even consider it a game.

And don't even get me started on the rise of [game type], how boring!! I can't believe people keep buying [game publisher]'s games. They are the bane of the industry.

What do you all think??

---------

You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Fox
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
It’s all right, Tom Vasel. You can play Blood Rage at my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.