Recommend
49 
 Thumb up
 Hide
84 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: People liking stuff I don't and not liking stuff I do rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tipping you because you obviously are emotionally bankrupt after a posting such as this. Please enjoy responsibly and remember the others are wrong they just don't know it yet.

Except for me. I'm ALWAYS right (unless my wife says otherwise).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe the rise of board games lately. I can't believe anyone would like Settlers of Catan or even consider it a game.

And don't even get me started on the rise of eurogames, how boring!! I can't believe people keep buying Kosmos' games. They are the bane of the industry.

What do you all think??
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like playing board games and so do all of you.
~Winning
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
I like playing board games and so do all of you.
~Winning

Pessimist.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
I can't believe the rise of board games lately. I can't believe anyone would like Settlers of Catan or even consider it a game.

And don't even get me started on the rise of eurogames, how boring!! I can't believe people keep buying Kosmos' games. They are the bane of the industry.

What do you all think??

Misguided. Thinks Tetanus shots are fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I like things arnmod
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
I like playing board games and so do all of you.
~Winning


Are you sure about that? ---> I love boardgames, until I play them
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
DragonsDream wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Why don't evabody likes Rush? Who don't like powah-treeos?

I love Rush


I was totally with you until you said you like Rush. That completely invalidates all your other opinions, no matter how much I agree with them. In fact, just because you like Rush, I may now have to take up golf, or at least start watching it on TV. Bummer. Thanks a lot. . .
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like?
Just explain to them that the things they like are stupid and the things you like aren't. That should do the trick. It's also a good way to make new friends.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like?
Just explain to them that the things they like are stupid and the things you like aren't. That should do the trick. It's also a good way to make new friends.


Works every time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Biensan
France
flag msg tools
There's actually a name for the attitude parodied in the first post (it's interesting to be aware of that, because it goes way beyond simply thinking of your own tastes as objective).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jdaly72 wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Why don't evabody likes Rush? Who don't like powah-treeos?

I love Rush


I was totally with you until you said you like Rush. That completely invalidates all your other opinions, no matter how much I agree with them. In fact, just because you like Rush, I may now have to take up golf, or at least start watching it on TV. Bummer. Thanks a lot. . .


Work your way up to it. Watch tennis first. Remember all hazardous activities should be started slowly. Like playing Brass BEFORE you dive into Twilight Imperium.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Celmins
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
You know what definitely doesn't work?

Exposing something you love to someone who hasn't experienced it while showing genuine enthusiasm for it and explaining what you see in it that makes it so special to you.

It's much better just to call someone ignorant for not agreeing with your view and turning a potential newcomer away from something because you feel superior for liking it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Victoria
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SWxNW wrote:
You know what definitely doesn't work?

Exposing something you love to someone who hasn't experienced it while showing genuine enthusiasm for it and explaining what you see in it that makes it so special to you.

Nonsense.

SNL and The Lonely Island had a music video dedicated to showing that it is enjoyable and heartwarming to expose something you love to someone who hasn't experienced it. I think it was called "____ in a box", or something like that.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Anne
Canada
Middle of Nowhere, BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Recently it has come to my attention that there is a member here who thinks that he has struck a cord - and that has got to hurt, hitting all that firewood. Maybe next time, he should try to strike a chord instead.

devil

Mary Anne

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SWxNW wrote:
You know what definitely doesn't work?

Exposing something you love to someone who hasn't experienced it while showing genuine enthusiasm for it and explaining what you see in it that makes it so special to you.


Agreed. That's one way how a person can get registered as a sex offender.

~V
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Fox
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
Mafster wrote:


Recently it has come to my attention that there is a member here who thinks that he has struck a cord - and that has got to hurt, hitting all that firewood. Maybe next time, he should try to strike a chord instead.

devil

Mary Anne



“Technically, that was a chord, though in practice, I think only a cat has played it before.”
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Recently, it has come to my attention that there are members here who like things I don't like, like golf and wargames and dislike things I do like, like worker placement game and coöps.

Obviously, if I don't like something, it's because that thing is stupid. Why should people here like stupid things? Conversely, if I like something, it must be cool. People should like what I like.

How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like? I'm not even sure if such people are even members here. They are more like watchers or over-there-ers. Not people doing what I think this hobby should be.

And oh, even though this is a post on a discussion board, I really don't want your opinions or discussion, I just wanted to post about how right I am in my opinions.
You're wrong.

Pete (disagrees)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Long
Canada
Whitby
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
canucklehead wrote:
cmmdre wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
Recently, it has come to my attention that there are members here who like things I don't like, like golf and wargames and dislike things I do like, like worker placement game and coöps.

Obviously, if I don't like something, it's because that thing is stupid. Why should people here like stupid things? Conversely, if I like something, it must be cool. People should like what I like.

How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like? I'm not even sure if such people are even members here. They are more like watchers or over-there-ers. Not people doing what I think this hobby should be.

And oh, even though this is a post on a discussion board, I really don't want your opinions or discussion, I just wanted to post about how right I am in my opinions.




No it isn't.
Yes it is.
$5 dollars please.


$5 dollars? I don't have $3 dollars! Why do you need $2 dollars?
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OrangeWizard wrote:
canucklehead wrote:
cmmdre wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
Recently, it has come to my attention that there are members here who like things I don't like, like golf and wargames and dislike things I do like, like worker placement game and coöps.

Obviously, if I don't like something, it's because that thing is stupid. Why should people here like stupid things? Conversely, if I like something, it must be cool. People should like what I like.

How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like? I'm not even sure if such people are even members here. They are more like watchers or over-there-ers. Not people doing what I think this hobby should be.

And oh, even though this is a post on a discussion board, I really don't want your opinions or discussion, I just wanted to post about how right I am in my opinions.




No it isn't.
Yes it is.
$5 dollars please.


$5 dollars? I don't have $3 dollars! Why do you need $2 dollars?

Because it is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Abiezer Coppe wrote:
WetRock wrote:
Here, here!

Yes. Let's get back to dumping on Monopoly, Munchkin, CAH, abstracts, dexterity games, etc, etc.


Absolutely! The general forum is set up to cater exclusively to Eurogamer tastes and we should respect that.


Please. We all know Ameritrash invented board games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
So worker placement and co ops are ok but unit placement and allied players are not.
I like Euros and Wargames.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like?
Just explain to them that the things they like are stupid and the things you like aren't. That should do the trick. It's also a good way to make new friends.


You can tell it's working by them walking away to spread the truth.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I HATED those one things. Then I tried them and kind of liked some of them and stuff and what not.

/End
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys know that I teach on Mondays and Tuesdays, right? It's really rude to start silly threads on those days. Threads that go on for 7 pages of extreme goofiness.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.