BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: People liking stuff I don't and not liking stuff I do rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paradox Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you're being a bit sarcastic on purpose, but whether or not, your moxie got you a lot of thumbs-ups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paradox Games wrote:
Pretty sure you're being a bit sarcastic on purpose, but whether or not, your moxie got you a lot of thumbs-ups.

ANNNNNNNND we'll never really know will we...?

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
canucklehead wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

arrrh

whistle

[I actually never try to get thumbs. I have 2 already and they serve me just fine]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
You guys know that I teach on Mondays and Tuesdays, right? It's really rude to start silly threads on those days. Threads that go on for 7 pages of extreme goofiness.
only 3 so far. maybe a poll to extend it's life?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:
You guys know that I teach on Mondays and Tuesdays, right? It's really rude to start silly threads on those days. Threads that go on for 7 pages of extreme goofiness.

I meant that OTHER thread, the one that inspired this one.

I dunno, I'm feeling unpollish right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:

I read that as "I feel unPolish" and though "I didn't know Skutch was Polish... and why would being Polish have anything to do with this topic?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:

I read that as "I feel unPolish" and though "I didn't know Skutch was Polish... and why would being Polish have anything to do with this topic?"
Maybe he meant he's unpolished (as in "unrefined in style or behavior"). Although it's a bit optimistic to think that'd change overnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:

Maybe he meant he's unpolished (as in "unrefined in style or behavior"). Although it's a bit optimistic to think that'd change overnight.

I see "unpolished" and wonder if normally he is bright, smooth and shiny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:

Something about that rubs me the wrong way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
canucklehead wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

arrrh

whistle

[I actually never try to get thumbs. I have 2 already and they serve me just fine]

It's all about you isn't it? Those of us with polythumbosis (I'm all thumbs!) are shocked and appalled at such behaviour.

I'm calling my therapist.
I'd pour myself some tea but hey - I'm all thumbs
SO
I
CAN'T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
canucklehead wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
canucklehead wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

arrrh

whistle

It's all about you isn't it? Those of us with polythumbosis (I'm all thumbs!) are shocked and appalled at such behaviour.

SO
I
CAN'T.

you manage to type quite well though. modified keyboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Kids these days only type with thumbs. Usually it's on a phone sending a text message though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
Kids these days only type with thumbs. Usually it's on a phone sending a text message though.

I have fat thumbs. My thumb only text messages usually look something like "glurb nxxxxed flerm? jight fes"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
canucklehead wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
canucklehead wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

arrrh

whistle

SO
I
CAN'T.

Telepathic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Victoria
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:

If you tell a bald man his head is useful in the dark, you'll get punched in the face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't exactly read this entire thread but please allow me to insert a pithy putdown of everyone, that's actually pop-culture reference I don't actually understand, so I can seem smarter and feel smugly superior to everyone else here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
I haven't exactly read this entire thread but please allow me to insert a pithy putdown of everyone, that's actually pop-culture reference I don't actually understand, so I can seem smarter and feel smugly superior to everyone else here.

Well!

I say again, "Well!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:

This isn't the thread you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Santos
Uruguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
Recently, it has come to my attention that there are members here who like things I don't like, like golf and wargames and dislike things I do like, like worker placement game and coöps.

Obviously, if I don't like something, it's because that thing is stupid. Why should people here like stupid things? Conversely, if I like something, it must be cool. People should like what I like.

How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like? I'm not even sure if such people are even members here. They are more like watchers or over-there-ers. Not people doing what I think this hobby should be.

And oh, even though this is a post on a discussion board, I really don't want your opinions or discussion, I just wanted to post about how right I am in my opinions.

Oh man! Thanks for the laugh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Breakout Normandy, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
My thumb only text messages usually look something like "glurb nxxxxed flerm? jight fes"

What! My mother was a saint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
Recently, it has come to my attention that there are members here who like things I don't like, like golf and wargames and dislike things I do like, like worker placement game and coöps.

Obviously, if I don't like something, it's because that thing is stupid. Why should people here like stupid things? Conversely, if I like something, it must be cool. People should like what I like.

How can I get people to stop liking stupid things and only like the things I like? I'm not even sure if such people are even members here. They are more like watchers or over-there-ers. Not people doing what I think this hobby should be.

And oh, even though this is a post on a discussion board, I really don't want your opinions or discussion, I just wanted to post about how right I am in my opinions.

I applaud your attitude.

You, sir, are a shining wit.

Good for you.

gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:

:)

You are both evil people and need to be pun-ished. (See what I did there? PUN-ish? Man, I crack me up!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:
skutsch wrote:

You are both evil people and need to be pun-ished. (See what I did there? PUN-ish? Man, I crack me up!)

Gamers don't let gamers do crack.
Plumbers yes, Gamers no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude you're almost up to $9 GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.