Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Here are the tentative details that I would like to set for the Math Trade

Post items deadline: Friday, November 24th.
Submit wants deadline: Saturday, December 9th
In-person trade day: Saturday, December 16th at 3pm

Trade location would be World Exchange food court on the 2nd floor.

Free parking at the World Exchange.

Stay tuned for official announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tentative details for Ottawa no-ship math trade
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me out. Rideau Center on a Saturday in late November will be a zoo and difficult to transact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doody
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, but I agree that the Rideau Centre in November or December on a Saturday will be chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also in. Also agree that the Rideau Centre may not be the best place this time of year....

Maybe a pub in the Market?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tentatively interested but adding my agreement to the issues with the location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Why did Dracula become a bank? To deal with suckers every day!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Paul that the Rideau Centre is a problematic place to meet on a Saturday. Free parking will be non-existent and paid parking stupidly expensive; I suppose there's always the bus option.

Paul and I once met at St Laurent's food court, and that wasn't a problem (for me at least). I'm still in no matter what has been decided.

BTW, a handful of people who stated on the previous list that they were interested also did not have any games listed as "for trade" in their profiles. That didn't feel promising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BankofDracula wrote:
I agree with Paul that the Rideau Centre is a problematic place to meet on a Saturday. Free parking will be non-existent and paid parking stupidly expensive; I suppose there's always the bus option.

Paul and I once met at St Laurent's food court, and that wasn't a problem (for me at least). I'm still in no matter what has been decided.

BTW, a handful of people who stated on the previous list that they were interested also did not have any games listed as "for trade" in their profiles. That didn't feel promising.

Not everyone keeps their "For Trade" profile up to date. I know I don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor McAusland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
I think it’d be worth it to ask one of the FLGS’s to host the exchange (Comic Book Shoppe, Fandom II, Tiggy Winkles, etc). They might appreciate the foot traffic or even opt to participate. The Legion on Kent St also has open gaming Wednesday evenings. Maybe ask Steve if we could share the space for the trade (and possibly bring in more gamers).

I have no issue getting around the city by bus but I am sure most people will be concerned with parking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if any of the stores would be large enough to host all the people and none (in Hull/Gatineau or Ottawa) of them that are convenient to the opposite side of the bridge have sufficient parking.

Does anyone work at Tunney's Pasture that is interested in this? Is there a parking lot in which we wouldn't need to pay for parking at TP we could meet at to do the exchange on a Saturday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about meeting at this parking lot? It would be convenient to everyone on both sides of the river by car or bus. It doesn't get much use but for the rock climbing place (Vertical Reality) that's across the street.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.4194613,-75.7148525,178m/data...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dizzybit wrote:
I think it’d be worth it to ask one of the FLGS’s to host the exchange (Comic Book Shoppe, Fandom II, Tiggy Winkles, etc). They might appreciate the foot traffic or even opt to participate. The Legion on Kent St also has open gaming Wednesday evenings. Maybe ask Steve if we could share the space for the trade (and possibly bring in more gamers).

I have no issue getting around the city by bus but I am sure most people will be concerned with parking.

I was thinking of doing it at Fandom II... I will be there on Friday and ask the proprietor's permission. If they give us the green light, then we will change the location to there.

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paraxis wrote:
I was thinking of doing it at Fandom II... I will be there on Friday and ask the proprietor's permission. If they give us the green light, then we will change the location to there.

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback so far!

Would you do it in the basement at Fandom II?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jme198 wrote:
How about meeting at this parking lot? It would be convenient to everyone on both sides of the river by car or bus. It doesn't get much use but for the rock climbing place (Vertical Reality) that's across the street.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.4194613,-75.7148525,178m/data...

Don't think doing a math trade outside is the best idea when you can't plan for what the weather will be. Water + cardboard is not a good combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jme198 wrote:

That's what I was thinking, though it would be a tight fit depending on how many people get trades :-)

There is also the food court at the World Exchange which is indoors and can accommodate a lot of people -- I don't think it will be too busy.

Actually, I think this may be an even better location now that I think of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Load"*",8,1
mbmbmbmbmb
Foyer at City Hall may be worth considering. Plenty of space and parking is free on weekends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paraxis wrote:
jme198 wrote:

That's what I was thinking, though it would be a tight fit depending on how many people get trades :-)

There is also the food court at the World Exchange which is indoors and can accommodate a lot of people -- I don't think it will be too busy.

World Exchange also has free parking on weekends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Pilot
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I think the World Exchange sounds like a good large/free spot to hold this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paraxis wrote:

I agree that the World Exchange would be a better spot to meet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted W
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Wizard, Evoker
badge
*Shrug* Wampas, am I right?
mbmbmbmbmb
frankqb wrote:
BankofDracula wrote:

I don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose-Juan Rodriguez
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
World Exchange sounds great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Why did Dracula become a bank? To deal with suckers every day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilturnip wrote:
frankqb wrote:
BankofDracula wrote:

I don't.

You all may not keep your "For Trade" profile up to date, but you sure don't miss an opportunity to pile on, either.

Whether or not you care, the point I'm trying to make is by keeping your profile up to date, you are allowing others (such as myself) to see whether we're even interested in participating. It also sometimes allows people to circumvent this whole math trade thing altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love no ship trades, I'd be up for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Shabatowski wrote:
Count me out. Rideau Center on a Saturday in late November will be a zoo and difficult to transact.

If you are moving it to World Exchange on the weekend then count me back in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Daly-Frey
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmb
I’m in. Sounds great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.