Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following an inspiring Herman Stern documentary debut regarding the saving of German Jews from the Holocaust, I followed a friend back home for some super villain fight therapy. While randomly generated, we were appropriately confronted by WWII villain Baron Zemo who, in his vengeful madness, sought a way to harness the powers of Death by befriending her boyfriend Deadpool.

Along with his unsurprising cohorts of Hydra and the Masters of Evil, Zemo managed to maneuver Shi'ar Death Commandos and the Limbo X-Men onto our path. Against this front we found allies in Captain Marvel, Namor, Iron Fist, and even the notoriously self-guided Venom.

Unfortunately for Zemo, while Deadpool initially fell right in line with killing off a slough of Marvel heroes, future attempts to manipulate the merc with a mouth fell on deaf ears, or what passes for ears on someone so hideously disfigured. Perhaps Deadpool felt a sense of remorse. Or, more likely, he felt Zemo was a manipulative butthead whose plans were more fun to screw with. More than often, Deadpool worked for us than the evil Mastermind.

Indeed, the casualty count on subsequent murder sprees ranged from nil to just a flesh wound. The hero of the day, if you can call him that, turned out to be Venom, who's trove of bystanders and unrelenting attacks led to a sound victory against evil. It just goes to show, sometimes you need a dark edge to cut through impending doom. Plus, a capricious killer with a unicorn fixation might wind up more friend than foe. This time.

[I was amused with the breadth of bystander synergy in this randomized setup. It really made things easier for us. Well, for me, with my not so cooperative Venom recruitment. The second place player had almost no bystanders the entire game and wound up taking on Zemo for the fifth and final fight by mustering exactly 18 Attack. Beautifully done.]

Sets included in this set-up, generated by Legendary™ Wheel of Fate:
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
Legendary: Captain America 75th Anniversary
Legendary: Deadpool
Legendary: X-Men
Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1
Legendary: Dark City
Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Coman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great write-up! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, there was an earlier version of this post that I just deleted. A day after submitting it, my "pending submissions" remained at 0. I figured it didn't actually go through, so I rewrote and submitted this new version with some additional details. Suddenly, 2 submissions were pending. Thus, once they were both posted, I deleted the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.