Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
257 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Fantasy Flight Games (+ Asmodee + others) - Official Annual Holiday Sale! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
Conan for 50 bucks seems like a pretty good deal...

Oooh, the end of the world RPG books for 15 bucks...

I did NOT need this!

Hmmm, I spent $165 for the Kickstarter 2nd print run. Granted that comes with all the extra's and the Book of Set. Either way this is a really darn good price for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
emodiu5 wrote:

I did NOT need this!

Hmmm, I spent $165 for the Kickstarter 2nd print run. Granted that comes with all the extra's and the Book of Set. Either way this is a really darn good price for it.

Don’t worry about it. The KS version is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gimo Barrera
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
We should take Bikini Bottom
badge
and push it somewhere else
mbmbmbmbmb
$115 and shipping was $22, but it included Alhabra Big Box, also got to pick up Tragedy Looper + expansions, Deus, and Elysium. Not bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Mackenzie
Mexico
flag msg tools
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
kmaho wrote:
I got a cart of about $100 in games with only $13 shipping,

The shipping might be more than that, but hopefully not a lot.

I just bought 2 games (Lewis & Clark for $20! and the aforementioned Via Nebula for $20), and my shipping estimate was $13. However when I checked out, it had mysteriously risen to $17.59. Compared to what others above have seen, that's still next to nothing.

It depends on the content weight and size (I think). I tried Jamaica & Via Nebula, and went for $13 shipping. Changing Deus for Jamaica, decreased it a little (12.40 or something).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S TS
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Kings Pledge, thinking of just buying it because its $50. Then again I think Joan of Arc and Batman are gonna kill me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Nat Saamanen wrote:
Alan_C wrote:
Anyony known if there’s a point in buying the netrunner packs or are they all useless after the new set comes out?

I didn't look too closely, but I think they were all just draft packs, so unless you're putting together a draft event, you most likely want to pass.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hardin
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:

I did NOT need this!

Considering its consistently 100 bucks elsewhere I think you're right.

Luckily I won a copy in a BGG giveaway last year (THANKS AGAIN KARMA GODS FOR THAT!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
I looked at the sale FAQ:

Q: How long will the sale last?

A: The Holiday Sale will end on Monday, November 20th

So they expect you to panic buy before the CSI/MM sales pop up ... clever, very clever ninja

I noticed that also. Now I have to decide whether I want to get Nations/Louis & Clark with this sale, or wait and see if MM has anything good on offer. I'm inclined to wait, as I have Legendary: Aliens on hold at MM, and would like to fill the remaining $70 to get free shipping.

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A H
msg tools
lfisher wrote:

Equivalent to E.T. Atari 2600. I can only imagine how many were printed. Game has been on sale constantly for the last 2-3 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their $5 - $10 light family games make great stocking stuffers.

Especially:
Cardline: Globetrotter $5
Timeline Challenge $10
Shadows over Camelot: The Card Game $5
The Lord of the Rings: Journey to Mordor $5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Darker Darkest : $10
Prophecy : $20

Conan for $50 is GREAT for the miniatures. The game system's still a dice-chucker, but adds Euro-influenced "action points" as a resource. Also, the game system will be used in the upcoming Batman boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmbmb
bootz wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Equivalent to E.T. Atari 2600. I can only imagine how many were printed. Game has been on sale constantly for the last 2-3 years.
The game looks awesome. One of these days, I'm going to crack the shrink and play the damn thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
bootz wrote:
lfisher wrote:

The game looks awesome. One of these days, I'm going to crack the shrink and play the damn thing.

I've cracked the shrink!

But that's as far as I've gotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
bootz wrote:
lfisher wrote:

the original version components, which are wooden, imho much better... but then again i paid $70 or more for that... so sad to see the reprint in the bargain bin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan Chan
msg tools
I'm interested in the battlelore 2nd edition army expansions but I'm on the fence. My gf and I weren't particularly impressed with the base game. Would getting the army expansions help make the base game better?

We kind of thought the game wasn't particularly strategic and often times came down to luck/dice chucking to see who can camp objectives better.

edit: thanks for the replies. didn't buy expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Wyncote
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was able to put together about $100 worth of stuff, with $17 shipping. But then I looked at my already significant unplayed pile, and determined that I can wait for an Amazon sale on the items I really want.

I was seconds from checking out, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rslancer wrote:
I'm interested in the battlelore 2nd edition army expansions but I'm on the fence. My gf and I weren't particularly impressed with the base game. Would getting the army expansions help make the base game better?

We kind of thought the game wasn't particularly strategic and often times came down to luck/dice chucking to see who can camp objectives better.

Not sure it makes the game play any better - just grants more variety/options. I don't see it changing anyone's opinion about the game. if you like it, the expansions are a nice add to variety but if you didn't like it, they don't add enough to change one's opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Pahn wrote:
I was able to put together about $100 worth of stuff, with $17 shipping. But then I looked at my already significant unplayed pile,

I know how you feel. As much as I'd like to be buying game, I have to be realistic. My problem isn't a lack of good games to play. It's a lack of time to play games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting deals. Must resist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
61 USD shipping for a 30USD game ? I'll pass cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ott
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is Alhambra Big Box sold out, so I don't have to be tempted by anything else to make shipping worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sanders
msg tools
mb
Yeah I was about to pull the trigger on Allhambra Big Box but it is out of stock. Not sure if I am glad or sad lol. If Nations was cheaper I would probably do that but it's not low enough to entice me right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed the third faction for Battlelore that I didn't grab last year and have been looking for a good sale on ever since

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
rslancer wrote:

The expansions double the available unit tires for each army, but they don't significantly change the feel of the game. If you weren't thrilled with the base game then you won't be thrilled with more of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Went all in on Battlelore since I did not last year and got to play it in the mean time, and enjoyed it. Now for FFG to announce Battlelore 3rd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.