Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
256 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [11] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Fantasy Flight Games (+ Asmodee + others) - Official Annual Holiday Sale! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conrad
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CDiablo wrote:
Went all in on Battlelore since I did not last year and got to play it in the mean time, and enjoyed it. Now for FFG to announce Battlelore 3rd edition.

Oh they would, wouldn't they...

Really wish they had the dice packs available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Oh, I want some more Battlelore, (its in the cart) but I just got the base game tidy, organized and easy to set up. Realistically an undead pack for flavor would be nice, but I'm not turning this into a two box game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scohr Dark
msg tools
Is Battlelore worth getting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Scohr wrote:
Is Battlelore worth getting?

I think you get a lot of game in the box. It is still dice chucking randomness, but I find it to be more fun/laid back compared Memoir 44'. Its more of a skirmish with some objectives than proper recreate a real battle scenario, that Memoir tends to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
canadiankorean wrote:
fakewindow wrote:
$109 shipping to Canada? WOOF! I'll wait until Meeplemart resells some of these titles.

I hope meeplemart has the sale again.

Same here.

I was bummed about passing on Black Flag last year, so would love to see it pop up cheap again this year. Not sure there is much else I would jump on, although a handful of decent titles were marked down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They sucked me in again. Conan this year. Need to try it out to see if I am going to like the upcoming BATMAN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ipgyst wrote:
They sucked me in again. Conan this year. Need to try it out to see if I am going to like the upcoming BATMAN.

Make sure you have the most current rules for Conan. I played it and will be buying Batman when it goes to KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tails

Rochester
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If they had the core sets for Battles of Westeros and Call of Cthulhu then I'd have an order placed for everything in those lines. Without them though I think I might be safe this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevenson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are there any good solo games in here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Ballou
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Man, I want that summoner wars big box so bad! I'm dissapointed I missed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eltmanypieces wrote:
TooOld4Games2 wrote:

I just bought 2 games (Lewis & Clark for $20! and the aforementioned Via Nebula for $20), and my shipping estimate was $13. However when I checked out, it had mysteriously risen to $17.59. Compared to what others above have seen, that's still next to nothing.

It depends on the content weight and size (I think). I tried Jamaica & Via Nebula, and went for $13 shipping. Changing Deus for Jamaica, decreased it a little (12.40 or something).

You're probably right. It just seems like their system could be enhanced to figure that out when doing the cart estimate, rather than in the checkout process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
I looked at the sale FAQ:

Q: How long will the sale last?

A: The Holiday Sale will end on Monday, November 20th

So they expect you to panic buy before the CSI/MM sales pop up ... clever, very clever ninja

I noticed that also. Now I have to decide whether I want to get Nations/Louis & Clark with this sale, or wait and see if MM has anything good on offer. I'm inclined to wait, as I have Legendary: Aliens on hold at MM, and would like to fill the remaining $70 to get free shipping.

Colin

Wasn't Asmodee the first company to handcuff online stores in regards to prices? Although their rules don't apply to their own online store, I thought other retailers couldn't discount by more than ~15% of the MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coel Williams
United States
Burkburnett
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to decide if Battlelore is worth getting into. And is there a reason to have multiples of expansions/monsters.

Edit:// Sold out of three expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Also Earth Reborn for $30. There was a time it was around the Top 50, but it never sold well enough for an expansion and simply went OOP.

I kinda want to buy it, but I already own it. I just want the insert; the person I bought it from in a GeekAuction had tossed the insert and just bagged everything. Apparently the insert is really good. Or it's bound to be better than bags, considering how many tiles of different sizes there are. Took me forever to inventory that thing to make sure it was all there...
I routinely check the "Have Parts" spot on the game's page but no one ever has a spare insert available.

Outside of wanting to blow a bunch of money just for an insert for the above game, the two Tragedy Looper expansions are calling to me at $10. I've never played my copy of Tragedy Looper though, so I'm not desperate to get the expansions at this time or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:

Wasn't Asmodee the first company to handcuff online stores in regards to prices? Although their rules don't apply to their own online store, I thought other retailers couldn't discount by more than ~15% of the MSRP.

I believe the loophole is advertised as such. This is why you see CSI using a feature where you need to click to see the actual sale price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan VV
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I got...

Abyss: Kraken Expansion $15.00
Deus $20.00
Discoveries $15.00
Lewis & Clark $20.00
Timeline Challenge $10.00
Via Nebula $20.00

Shipping was $17.28 for a total of $117.28. I added the same stuff to my cart on Amazon and it came to $203.28. Everything is well below the all time lows on Camel3x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have!
badge
Ron Swanson!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm any chance they restock the battlelore armies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Picked up the Wiz-War expansion, since I scored the base game and Malefic Curses expansion at HPB for $14 w/coupon. My older bro and I used to play the old version in the motorhome on vacation, can't wait to bust this out with my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
bootz wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Equivalent to E.T. Atari 2600. I can only imagine how many were printed. Game has been on sale constantly for the last 2-3 years.
The game looks awesome. One of these days, I'm going to crack the shrink and play the damn thing.

I've cracked the shrink!

But that's as far as I've gotten.

Yeah, this has been sitting on my unplayed shelf for years now. Despite its positive reviews, good ranking, and beautiful table presence, there's something about this game that keeps it from getting to the table. Not sure what, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Armstrong
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got enough stuff to making shipping work out, but exercised some self control compared to last year. Finally found a copy of Earth Reborn.

I think Ventura goes in and out of my cart every year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not complaining because there are some good prices there, but make sure to check Amazon before hitting the submit button.

FFG:
Tenno's Court - $10
Staufer Dynasty - $20
Shipping - $12.50
Total - $42.50

Amazon:
Tenno's Court - $6 (add-on only)
Staufer Dynasty - $30
Shipping - Free 2-Day
Tax - $1
Total - $37
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spent way too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
fakewindow wrote:
Alhambra Big Box for $25? That's pretty crazy.

for us in the States wasn't the amazon queen games big protracted sale from last December I think had it for that price with free shipping? sadly I tried googling and couldn't find that thread for xref

It was $32 last December at Amazon:

DEAD [Amazon] Queen Games fire sale - Alhambra $13.47, Fresco $18.89, Kingdom Builder expansions $10.50 - $14, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A Note - I remember last year that after the big Asmodeum sale Coolstuffinc had much of the same stuff - plus more - on sale thereafter with better shipping and in some cases better pricing.

And also it was directly after this sale last year that all the Queen games on Amazon dropped into the basement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Mark
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Metallicelica wrote:
I'm trying to decide if Battlelore is worth getting into. And is there a reason to have multiples of expansions/monsters.

Edit:// Sold out of three expansions

I grabbed one of everything last year and it was 100% worth it. It's my most played game. I wish the monster expansions were left in stock, I would have bought another 1 or 2 sets of each at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.