Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
257 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [11] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Fantasy Flight Games (+ Asmodee + others) - Official Annual Holiday Sale! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aishwarya Arun
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bri4jenn wrote:
Socat82 wrote:
pretty sure we are killing the website, getting 404 errors when selecting any section currently.

I can't get past the payment and billing address screen. It keeps going back to the same page in an endless loop. I've been trying since 9:30am ET and still cannot get through. Now someone snagged the last copy of Treasure Hunter. shake

EDIT. I tried my chrome browser and it did not work again so I tried Explorer and it went through!

I was checking out in Explorer, got all the errors and was too slow too. In fact my transaction said "declined".
Called the customer care and they said change the browser.
I did try on Chrome and worked perfectly.
Thanks for this post and now my pocket's empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Am I mistaken or did some of the items marked "Out of Stock" get replenished during the sale last year?

littlemonkey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
butchy21 wrote:
So I just finally decided to pull the trigger and try to start some tabletop with my wife and some friends- thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Starting a collection is maddening- I just don't know what people or myself will like (complexity, game length, co-op vs competitive).

But... I ended up grabbing Summoner wars and battlelore. I used to play magic back in the day so I figure I can get some good card battles with SW- without the need for other people to purchase their own cards.

Any input on difficulty would be great! How difficult is SW and battlelore to learn?

My wife and I just cracked open our first game- Dominion and it went really well. I'm happy to say she had fun, so now I'm looking forward to trying others.

For starting out in the hobby I highly recommend finding an active game group to be a part of. It will expose you to a lot of different games and styles without having to spend a lot of money on things you don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Burns
msg tools
mbmbmb
butchy21 wrote:
So I just finally decided to pull the trigger and try to start some tabletop with my wife and some friends- thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Starting a collection is maddening- I just don't know what people or myself will like (complexity, game length, co-op vs competitive).

But... I ended up grabbing Summoner wars and battlelore. I used to play magic back in the day so I figure I can get some good card battles with SW- without the need for other people to purchase their own cards.

Any input on difficulty would be great! How difficult is SW and battlelore to learn?

My wife and I just cracked open our first game- Dominion and it went really well. I'm happy to say she had fun, so now I'm looking forward to trying others.

Just buy them all and figure it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
butchy21 wrote:

I've been gaming a while and I used to have medium to very heavy games and war games. So being marred and having friends who say 'sure we love board games' (until they see my collection) means that I need a variety of games at different levels.

It took some decision making but we have now keep a several in out kit that we can grab and run. A couple heavier games to a few that are very light weight but laughing fun. The older I get the less time I want to keep referring to the rules just to play, and the less cards I want to read to make my turn. Part of it is getting older (bad eyes) and the rest is, with all of the games out there, I just want to play (think depending on my mood) and have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brave Sir Glen
msg tools
I am near there. Could combine order. How many others?

Sorry this is reply to earlier post by jeffyjeff:

anyone in Seminole County FL (or Orlando in general) area interested in a group order? I only want one $10 expansion but $12 shipping kills it... obviously larger orders spreads the shipping costs out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Do you know if any of these games are co-op? I'm always looking to play more. Or ones that are more euro/less competitive? My SO and I don't really like to plan competitive games together all that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
luckysolo7 wrote:
I am near there. Could combine order. How many others?

Sorry this is reply to earlier post by jeffyjeff:

anyone in Seminole County FL (or Orlando in general) area interested in a group order? I only want one $10 expansion but $12 shipping kills it... obviously larger orders spreads the shipping costs out...

Hi Glen

Sadly the item I wanted, the Edo expansion #1... sold out Thanks though for the offer. here's to hoping cool stuff bought a bunch of copies to sell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokonomy wrote:
Do you know if any of these games are co-op? I'm always looking to play more. Or ones that are more euro/less competitive? My SO and I don't really like to plan competitive games together all that much.

Not FFG, rather Z-Man, but you have tried Pandemic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
So being marred and having friends who say 'sure we love board games' ....

Freudian slip?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Bokonomy wrote:

I have, and it's one of my favorite games, but I was curious about games in the sale. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United States
flag msg tools
I got

- Jamaica $20
- Edo $10
- Traders of Osaka $10

And shipping was about $17.

Total was $57. On Amazon, same games in cart is $105! Really can't complain about getting 3 games for less than $60.

I really wanted the Edo expansion, but unfortunately it was sold out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevenson
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Bokonomy wrote:

Or even better in my opinion, Pandemic Iberia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got shipping notification already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Carroll
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokonomy wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Bokonomy wrote:

I have, and it's one of my favorite games, but I was curious about games in the sale. Thanks.

I believe Prophecy can be played cooperatively
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RandomHumanoid BoardGamingUnit
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archipelago: War and Peace Expansion Price: $10.00
Black Fleet Price: $10.00
Conan Price: $50.00
Discoveries Price: $15.00
Earth Reborn Price: $30.00
Edo Price: $10.00
Jamaica Price: $20.00
Metro Price: $10.00
Planet Steam Price: $15.00
Sky Traders Price: $15.00
Tide of Iron Designer Series Price: $5.00
Tide of Iron: Stalingrad Price: $20.00
Tide of Iron: Next Wave Price: $30.00
Urbanization Price: $10.00
Cart total = $250
Shipping Estimate = 68.95
However with actual address and +four on zip = $76.80
Wow $330
Off to Ikea for a new shelf section?
When does this sale end?
I was hopeful things would have sold out by now. This would make it easier to turn and run away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rhcu008 wrote:
When does this sale end?

see faq on their website for the sale...

https://holiday-sale.asmodeena.com/about/holiday-sale-faq/

Quote:
Q: How long will the sale last?

A: The Holiday Sale will end on Monday, November 20th

as for things selling out... lots of stuff has
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anders
msg tools
What drew you to Black Fleet? Might be a good one for my group especially if it is humorous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anders
msg tools
littlemonkey wrote:

Am I mistaken or did some of the items marked "Out of Stock" get replenished during the sale last year?

littlemonkey

I didn't know about the sale last year.

But the website says that some things may be replenished due to people canceling their orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boniface
United States
Melbourne
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up

Anima: Beyond Good and Evil (Haven't heard a lot about it but for $5 I'll take my chances)
$5.00 (Amazon: $11.89)

BattleLore: Razorwings Reinforcement Pack
$5.00 (Amazon: $16.99)

BattleLore: Hernfar Guardians Army Pack
$10.00 (Amazon: $31.99)

BattleLore 2nd Edition
$20.00 (Amazon: $63.96)

Shipping
UPS Ground $16.41

Tax
Tax Total $0.00

Order total
$56.41

On Amazon these three would come out to: $124.83 without considering tax or shipping. I'm happy with saving 50%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Carrollz wrote:
Bokonomy wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Bokonomy wrote:

I believe Prophecy can be played cooperatively

Thanks! By the way, I looked into it, and it seems like they add the co-op rules to an expansion, but the expansion isn't compatible with the base game. Pretty funny, huh? Ah well, I'm seriously thinking of picking the base up and adding looking up the variant rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Wyncote
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boardgamescardgames wrote:
What drew you to Black Fleet? Might be a good one for my group especially if it is humorous.
I enjoy it. It's light and easy to teach. There's some basic opponent screwage, but it's all in good fun and it generally only happens because it's legitimately the best move to make at the time.

Doesn't hurt that it looks really good too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long is this sale for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:
How long is this sale for?

see 6 posts above yours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Baumann-Fern
United States
Frostbite Falls
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Man, Alahambra Big Box was only $25? I missed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.