Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
256 Posts
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [11] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Fantasy Flight Games (+ Asmodee + others) - Official Annual Holiday Sale! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
placed an order for four people in our group it came to $3.69 per item for shipping, two people paid $3.69 they only ordered 1 item and the other two paid for 4 and 5 items shipped respectively - $14.76 and $18.69, I would say not bad for individual shipping charges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg piotrowski

Doylestown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
A bit disappointed the Battlelore expansions went so quickly. It wasn't even 24 hours... I remember them being on the sale quite a bit longer last year and was going to jump on the whole batch today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gpioski wrote:
A bit disappointed the Battlelore expansions went so quickly. It wasn't even 24 hours... I remember them being on the sale quite a bit longer last year and was going to jump on the whole batch today.

Next year, Runewars Miniatures will be A steal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Abyss art book for $5. I mean, why not, the art in that game is gorgeous. I also got Android Mainframe, Timeline Challenge and Hit Z Road for $10 each. Even with shipping (around $15), I feel like I got a decent haul.

Bad Thoughts wrote:
Next year, Runewars Miniatures will be A steal!

Likely accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WK Chen

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put in a $200+ order yesterday around 1 pm pst and I already got a notice that my games were processed and ready for UPS at 11:30am today. I guess they learned from their mistakes from last year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Clevider wrote:
ColintheFlea wrote:
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
I looked at the sale FAQ:

Q: How long will the sale last?

A: The Holiday Sale will end on Monday, November 20th

So they expect you to panic buy before the CSI/MM sales pop up ... clever, very clever ninja

I noticed that also. Now I have to decide whether I want to get Nations/Louis & Clark with this sale, or wait and see if MM has anything good on offer. I'm inclined to wait, as I have Legendary: Aliens on hold at MM, and would like to fill the remaining $70 to get free shipping.

Colin

Wasn't Asmodee the first company to handcuff online stores in regards to prices? Although their rules don't apply to their own online store, I thought other retailers couldn't discount by more than ~15% of the MSRP.

No, Mayfair has been doing it for quite a bit longer than Asmodee. They never had an official map policy until this year. They charged online stores more starting in 2016 and higher prices followed. These are obviously clearance items and ANA made it clear every step of the way they didn’t want to get in the way of stores being able to do sales to clear inventory.

That's good to hear, but I don't understand, given a minimum allowed price, how we can reasonably expect that anyone might beat this (or any other Asmodee, Mayfair, CMON, etc.) sale. I'm skeptical that retailers can really avoid the MAP, as was said earlier, simply by using that annoying add-the-item-to-your-cart-to-see-the-price trick. What's the point of the policy overhaul if you're going to leave a loophole that obvious?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WK Chen

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a notice about a package coming from UPS from Miniature Market. I matched up the tracking number to my order from Asmodee, so it looks like they are using Miniature Market this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Burns
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just got an email that told me there was an error and my Alhambra Big Game Box was sold out when I ordered. They are refunding. I ordered early yesterday evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
Pandzilla wrote:
I just got an email that told me there was an error and my Alhambra Big Game Box was sold out when I ordered. They are refunding. I ordered early yesterday evening.

Me too. I got my original order confirmation at 4:41 PM yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik San
msg tools
mb
Cross posting here as realised earlier post was in the ToI Forum.

Crazy prices! Missed out on Ventura which was only at $5!!

Ordered:

Tide of Iron: Next Wave Price: $30.00
Jamaica Price: $20.00
Earth Reborn Price: $30.00
The Staufer Dynasty Price: $20.00

Totaling to a neat 100. With shipping at 32.83. I guess my shipping is higher because of the heavier games. But still well worth the price!

This thread helped in considering new games.
Thanks! And happy shopping!

p.s. If anyone sees the Ventura back on stock, please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anders
msg tools
I'm hoping Battlelore comes back in stock. I took too long to give in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamescardgames wrote:
It's a strange phenomenon: when you resist buying something and it goes out of stock, it suddenly becomes irresistible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik San
msg tools
mb
Very true! Same goes for me for Ventura. Do not know if its so good a game that I am obsessing over or is it just the deal!

cunning stunt wrote:
It's a strange phenomenon: when you resist buying something and it goes out of stock, it suddenly becomes irresistible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wally holland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At $5 a deck, Summoner Wars goes from 'enjoyable, highly abstract chess++ game wrapped in dumb theme' to 'DADDY WANT.' Pity the Master Set didn't turn up on clearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
waxbanks wrote:
At $5 a deck, Summoner Wars goes from 'enjoyable, highly abstract chess++ game wrapped in dumb theme' to 'DADDY WANT.' Pity the Master Set didn't turn up on clearance.
I think it was, but sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Apparently, it is a legit game if you house rule the game ending conditions. Raising the winning condition from 30VP to 50VP gives players the ability to mitigate the luck of the draw.

zanyguy wrote:
Very true! Same goes for me for Ventura. Do not know if its so good a game that I am obsessing over or is it just the deal!

cunning stunt wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneiric wrote:
canadiankorean wrote:
fakewindow wrote:
$109 shipping to Canada? WOOF! I'll wait until Meeplemart resells some of these titles.

I hope meeplemart has the sale again.

Same here.

I was bummed about passing on Black Flag last year, so would love to see it pop up cheap again this year. Not sure there is much else I would jump on, although a handful of decent titles were marked down.

There's a Black Flag game I didn't know about???
Does one player play Greg Ginn and one plays Keith Morris and you fight over intellectual property rights???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant get through the checkout process. Explorer and Firefox failing on me, keeps sending to the provide address section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
I cant get through the checkout process. Explorer and Firefox failing on me, keeps sending to the provide address section.

what about chrome?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
let's go.
badge
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, mine is supposed to be here Monday already. That was quick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RandomHumanoid BoardGamingUnit
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:

odd code with odd wording

just think of it as a submit button vs "Ship to New Address" button

also chrome and opera work
however, the wording is still confusing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhcu008 wrote:
Gutrender wrote:

odd code with odd wording

just think of it as a submit button vs "Ship to New Address" button

also chrome and opera work
however, the wording is still confusing

Thanks! Thought I was in a mobius checkout system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
I'm a weasel!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wanted Deus for $20, but once I tack on shipping, it costs around the same as if I buy it on Amazon Prime.

Too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hobday
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, they are shipping fast this year. I already got my order. Just showed up. I'm in shock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
elclarkey wrote:
I really wanted Deus for $20, but once I tack on shipping, it costs around the same as if I buy it on Amazon Prime.

Too bad.
It's fine if you're getting multiple items, but sucks if it's just one. I ended up going for Seafall, Deus, Winter Tales, and Prophecy, and I think the shipping was $20... So around 5 for each item, which overall I'd cheaper than had I give with Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.