Hide
3 Posts

Battle of Britain» Forums » General

Subject: Returning to a previously bombed target rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Simpson
msg tools
I am wondering if there is any worth in Luftwaffe returning to a target they have bombed previously.

For example - a flight gets to Glasgow and causes 1 damage and returns to its home airfield.

This is a failed mission and the mission card is returned to the bottom of the mission deck.

Why not shuffle the card into the deck so there is an chance that the Luftwaffe can return and finish the job.

Any thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick v. Nooij
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nitpicking: With one hit it is a partial success. Failed mission cards go to the RAF player.

Statistically: A city with 1 or 2 bomb marker on it is already denying the RAF player those repair points and a Luftwaffe player could potentially get 3 VPs for bombing a 'fresh' city, instead of 'only' 1 or 2 extra points for bombing a partially destroyed city again.

But I don't think it would cause much problems if you shuffled the partial success missions back into the deck instead of adding themt to the bottom.
It would only have a small influence on the Luftwaffe mission pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Simpson
msg tools
Nitpicking also, but the scenario I described is described at page 29 of the rules as a minor success....as such the mission cards go to the bottom of the mission deck. You are quite right, failed missions go to the RAF player.

I hear what you say about the available VPs.....I just imagine Squadrons returning having failed to destroy their targets and Goering sending them back to finish the job.

Happy days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.