Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured I need to try and go through step by step via tabletop simulator to get a handle on this, easier to compartmentalise when it's on screen (plus TTS is more intuitive than VASSAL, albeit more limited). Just Normandy mision 1.

To keep it simple I'm making a few modifications:
- No casualty collection/casualties, seeing as they only count for evac.
- No Quarter w/prisoners, instant casualties.
- No Jeep so no vehicle rules
- Everyone gets infinite ammo (both sides)
- Every gets infinite pyro, designated as needed (I'll probably barely use it anyway, though AP -> OBJ could be useful)

So that only leaves the core rules and Comms, seems lightweight enough to get started.

Questions will be in RED.

------------------------------------------------
Setup
------------------------------------------------
OOB:

Main Force:
CO: BN/CO Phones (Radios are pointless in WW2, right? Also is it all phones/all radios for a mission?)
1st Platoon: CO Phone (HQ), 1 Rifle Grenade (Has to be assigned to a squad?), 2 Phone Lines (HQ) (Could squads carry?).
HMG team, Bazooka team, Arty FO w/ Arty Phone.

Support Force:
XO: CO Phone
2nd Platoon: CO Phone (HQ), 1 Rifle Grenade, Phone Line (HQ).
Mortar Squad (big one), Bazooka team, LMG team.

Reserve Force:
1Sgt: CO Phone
3rd Platoon: CO Phone (HQ), 1 Rifle Grenade, Phone Line (HQ).
Bazooka team, LMG team.

AO:

Farm is OBJ 1, Hedgerow is OBJ2, Woods are AP.

(At this point I guess I would designate casualty collection, most likely in the Row 1 Bocage, or can you do it in the staging area?)

Plan is to stage the Main Force in column 1, and advance to the AP, Support in column 2 to scout orchards and move to flank where possible/open up alternate routes. Reserve in column 3 to commit where needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas J
msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe rifle grenades go to an individual on map squad (as mentioned 6:53 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_xMPIckzM0).

Im also setting this game up for the first time and got stuck at the comm. allocations. May I ask what phone is used by the 1Sgt in your setup? I dont see that they get a radio/phone in the OOB for Normandy.

If didn't miss something here, how is the 1Sgt supposed to get activated from the CO HQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.