Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a Mayfair produced copy. The rules and components are great looking and solid.

It seems to be a trend for Uwe games, but don't be intimidated by a rules booklet and an appendix. This game is worker placement as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1 - Get and distribute your fish.
2 - Do actions.
3 - Clean up.

Actions are getting and using the 3 types of resources, fish, wood, and gold. With these you buy boats, buildings, and acquire Village Elders.

2 of the actions allow you sell and buy shares. Everyone starts with 5 shares, and the active shares you own earns a fish to put into your supply and victory points. Whenever I see a game with "shares" I get uneasy, however this was an un-mathy, straightforward mechanic.

The buildings and elders give you advantages. Boats give you more fish. Boats and buildings also give you victory points.

My game was with 5 players, which is uncommon for this genre. We had a rough start for the 1st turn, but the game sailed after that. With rules discussion and banter, it took about 3 hours. This was the 2nd Euro 1 of the players at the table ever played (as in ever), which makes this a great gateway game! Don't be fooled though. There is depth here with lots of replayability.

I can't wait to give this another go --- another good sign. The game has 3 buildings decks, lots to explore here.

With easy rules access, dynamic set-up, good components, and low turn angst with many choices; Nusfyord is a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.