and symo
Australia
Northcote
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As the rules state, in the first turn you assign Luftwaffe missions to each flight. You then randomly assign (deal face down) squadrons to each flight.

This creates 2 layers of assignment randomness on the first turn. The first layer is the assignment of a mission before the squadrons are assigned. The second layer is the random squadrons that make up the flights themselves. So, for the first turn, there is no player control over the flight's mission and the flight make up.

Am I reading the rules correctly? Or should the squadrons be player assigned on the first turn? Or is this the design intent which seems strange because after the first turn, players do have control over where squadrons are placed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I raised this question on 20th October:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1868067/first-round-youre-f...

I provide my House rule for setup / Turn 1.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
and symo
Australia
Northcote
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
I raised this question on 20th October:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1868067/first-round-youre-f...

I provide my House rule for setup / Turn 1.


I totally agree. That is the same solution I was thinking of and actually reflects the rules after the first round.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is not the rule supposed to reflect the general buffoonery that afflicted the Luftwaffe at the beginning of Eagle Day (with some missions going forward and others not, and the like)?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
and symo
Australia
Northcote
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NimitsTexan wrote:
Is not the rule supposed to reflect the general buffoonery that afflicted the Luftwaffe at the beginning of Eagle Day (with some missions going forward and others not, and the like)?


You could interpret it that way but if that was the intended design it should have been conveyed to the players as it undermines the German player with no explanation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andsymo wrote:
NimitsTexan wrote:
Is not the rule supposed to reflect the general buffoonery that afflicted the Luftwaffe at the beginning of Eagle Day (with some missions going forward and others not, and the like)?


You could interpret it that way but if that was the intended design it should have conveyed to the players as it undermines the German player with no explanation.
As this game is an extremely tight simulation of the actual event it is a safe assumption that this design element was expected to be taken for granted.

Other than that, yeah you are right.whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.