Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Boardgames above & Beyond rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim ----
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

Board games became a passion for me in the last 8 years. But the real addict is my boyfriend. It is through him that my passion was created and he is my favorite gaming partner. Therefor he sometimes proposed games to me that I didn't know yet back then. One of these games was Flash Point. He backed this game and he really wanted to try it out. As cooperative games are some of my favorite games I was really on board with trying this game out.

In FlashPoint every takes on the role of a fire fighter. The whole team is called out because there is a fire. You are placed at the scene where the whole building is burning down. But wait, there are still people inside? No awful! We have to save them, now!!!

FlashPoint is a cooperative game. In this game players try to attempt victims which are closed in inside the building. There are 10 victims available and you have to save at least 7.
But the fire off course keeps raging while you're attempting to save the victims. It is causing structural damage to building and might even block your path.
Each player has a certain amount of action point he/she may spend. They can be used to extinguish fire, but also move through the building with or without the victims and even a lot more options.
When at least 4 victims die in the fire you loose the game. The players win instantly when at least 7 of them are saved.

I love playing this game with two. It is a real challenge to save your seven victims, because the fire is blowing away walls at a very quick speed. The key to have a change to win is choosing the right character and communication. Sometimes some cooperative games push you to do certain actions all the time, but I find this game very unpredictable. Therefor we have to think very well about what action to take. I really love this game and I'm always in to play it. As I'm writing, I'm hoping for my boyfriend to get home, so that we perhaps can get another game in soon.

For me this game is a thumbsup 9/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.