Look on my works ye mighty and despair
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll all be having a discussion and he just pops up and posts

Quote:
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

It's never on topic for the thread subject. Even worse, he sometimes posts it several times in the same thread.

How do we go about getting this spammer dealt with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ban him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its a joke post
the guy gives you three more "hide" buttons to use on his post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Nuke from orbit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Mods hate him!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Abiezer Coppe wrote:

Using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. They prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abiezer Coppe wrote:
We'll all be having a discussion and he just pops up and posts

Quote:
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

It's never on topic for the thread subject. Even worse, he sometimes posts it several times in the same thread.

Bacon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Abiezer Coppe wrote:

Using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. They prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

This is awesome, because I've never even thought of being asinine and Xing them! I wonder if I'll get a warning for doing so.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
tumorous wrote:
Abiezer Coppe wrote:

This is awesome, because I've never even thought of being asinine and Xing them! I wonder if I'll get a warning for doing so.....

I just Xed you and haven't gotten a warning yet. Will let you know if that changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
I've flagged Octavian's interventions once or twice in the past in order to register displeasure and disagreement (because he locked the threads in question).

Nothing happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
JasonJ0 wrote:
I've flagged Octavian's interventions once or twice in the past in order to register displeasure and disagreement (because he locked the threads in question).

Nothing happened.

Me, too, though I do it semi-regularly, as over time Octavian locks a fair few threads with little justification.

The worst that is going to happen is that I think they can set your flags to not count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
fnord23 wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:

Nothing happened.

Me, too, though I do it semi-regularly, as over time Octavian locks a fair few threads with little justification.

Dump and lock happened again just today (no notification post, so probably not him).

Quote:
The worst that is going to happen is that I think they can set your flags to not count.

I've had confirmation from time to time that my flags do still count

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.