BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Looking for board game cafe business partner - Toronto rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia Eva
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
Hi, my name is Julia. I am planning to open game cafe in Toronto. Have done some initial research on the location and busness concept. Was wondering if some one has similar idea and is looking for a business partner as well - let me know.
Julia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you are a new user to the site..... do you have any background in gaming or do you see this as strictly a business opportunity for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Croal
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like gate-keeping. May we see your gate-keeping credentials?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Webb
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would be good to understand what you're looking for a partner to bring to the table (no pun intended...)

Are you looking for someone to bring a business skill set, a board game skill set, a restaurant/food skill set, network, capital etc?

Knowing the reverse would also be helpful to, what do you feel you're bringing to the table?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yuliaevans wrote:
Hi, my name is Julia. I am planning to open game cafe in Toronto. Have done some initial research on the location and busness concept. Was wondering if some one has similar idea and is looking for a business partner as well - let me know.
Julia

Just making sure you've ticked a few boxes on your research:

- Watch ALL the How To Snakes info on the Snakes and Lattes Youtube channel/website, which will make sure you're considering the major parts of the business and what they actually look like vs what you might think they look like

- Look at not only what all the boardgame cafes in the GTA are doing, and where they are, but also what the major stores (401, Boardgamebliss, Woodforsheep) offer in terms of gaming space/library/game centres

The hard part is the restaurant/cafe side of the business - so many fail in that space, because its so competitive/expensive. If you or a partner aren't bringing that part of the equation to the table, it's tough. And if you don't bring that part, it's unlikely you'll find that side here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm.... set up an account and posted the question but has yet to return and check all these great suggestions....not a good start in soliciting for a serious business partner imho...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Eva
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
Very funny Danni - i like your sence of humour!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Eva
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
Tyler you can email me at juliatoronto@yahoo.com. I would be happy to answer your questions then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Eva
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
thanks for your suggestions Jamie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Eva
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
Thank you everyone for your responses! I dont often check the forum, please email me at juliatoronto@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.