Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick name
United States
Appleton City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first glance I wasn't overly impressed with Concept. The box is nice enough, but looking at the components and hearing it was something like pictionary without the drawing caused me to almost miss this gem. Fortunately I saw it played, and discovered how much fun it could be.

Components

The game is a board and a lot of plastic cubes along with a few plastic exclamation points and a question mark.
There are also several cards with different concepts on them.
Finally there are small cardboard "light bulb" point chits.

The board is of good quality and is covered with icons. The cubes and pieces are similar to that of pandemic.
The cards are also of good quality.
The cardboard chits are of good thickness and look nice.

Game Play

A player will draw a card choose a concept and begin giving clues using the plastic pieces. Placing the question mark over the main category of concept, and moving onto detail clues about it, or related concepts. This is done until the concept is guessed or the clue giver gives up.

Points are awarded for guessing correctly.

Experience

This is a simple game, but it is amazingly funny. Every time we've played this game it has descended into laughter. It plays quickly and if you are not careful you will be halfway through the deck of cards before anyone even thinks of stopping.
My favorite moment so far is trying to get my sister to guess Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... she was saying "Young Fighting Turtles with swords" and then someone else jumped in with the answer... hilarious!

Pros
- this game is easily explained and can be played by anyone
- Rounds don't take much time so you can play a quick or long game, and people can join and quit as you go
- This game can play a large variety of numbers and works well in large groups.
- It is so fun!

Cons
- The points system doesn't really make a lot of sense
- It can take a little while to familiarize yourself with all the icons and what they might mean
- You go through the cards really fast
- The production level of the game could be better

Responses to Cons

- It is just as much fun to dispense with the points and play for the challenge and fun.
- The player help sheets they provide are really great and help a lot with figuring out the icons.
- After the cards run out you can just start coming up with your own concepts!
- The components could be better but they work really well.

Final Thoughts

Concept is a fantastic party game. It is fun both to give clues and guess. The only problem I'm had with the game was after we started playing it I couldn't get anyone to switch to a different game.
So I rate Concept 9/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.