Eric Hotz
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trumpeter Tabletop Games Society is one of the oldest tabletop game societies in North America, if not the oldest, having been founded in 1964, and is the largest in Canada. We play a variety of miniatures games, RPG games, board games, card games, etc. If it can be played on a tabletop, it can be played at our monthly Friday Game Nights or at our annual games convention, Trumpeter Salute.

Everyone is Welcome to Come and Play!

Doors open at about 6 PM if you intended to set up a game with most games starting between 7-7:30 PM, which gives everyone time to come in, socialize, and look around.

If showing up to put on a game, just grab any table and start setting up. If you intend to play in a game, just talk with the GM/players at a game that looks interesting to see if they have space, or just hang around and chat, ask questions, socialize. All Trumpeter events have a snack bar (the Trumpeter Cantina) where you may purchase reasonable priced drinks and snacks.

Our newly updated website is located at:
http://www.trumpetersociety.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/17437583886/
Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/TrumpetersTabletop/

We play at the Bonsor Recreational Complex in Burnaby (next to Metrotown; 2nd floor). Your first visit is free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have never attended your events before, do I need to pre-register for anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hotz
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are coming out to play, you can just walk in and find a game to play.

If you are planning to put on a game at our annual convention (Trumpeter Salute), its advised that you register your game simply because the event is often booked solid with games and therefore spare space/tables can be scarce. Most people book two or more months ahead of time to ensure they get a table.

If you are planning to put on a game at our monthly Friday Game Nights, there are usually plenty of spare tables available to set up games. We welcome walk-ins/bring-and-play games, and players. However, registering your game for a Friday Game Night you will allow for a better chance of having others play in your game. In fact, your game may attract more people to attend the Friday Game Night.

If you know someone in the Trumpeter Society you may also try requesting they put on a specific game -- you never know, I've done this in the past. It is a great way to try new games that you have heard about but haven't had the chance to try out yet.

On the week of Friday Game Night, we post the registered games on our website, Friday Game Night Scheduled Games page. This is updated right up until the Friday of Friday Game Night. You may also opt to have the game list sent to you via email (the Email News Service).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dylan
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually there running RPG games...

Hopefully the new Meetup site will allow a more involved game planning and signup process so be sure to join the conversation!

https://www.meetup.com/TrumpetersTabletop/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hotz
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To get an idea of the sorts of games the Trumpeter Society members present at the monthly Friday Game Nights, go to the November 3rd (2017) Scheduled Games list:

https://trumpetergaming.weebly.com/scheduled-games.html

These were the games registered for the November 3rd, 2017 Friday Game Night. Note that there would have been at least 3 more board games registered but a board games convention was being held during the Nov 3rd-5th weekend and many Trumpeter Society board gamers were in attendance at that event. However, the November 3rd Friday Game Night had 86 people in attendance with 14 games presented and of these, 4 games were unregistered Bring-and-Play games. Bring-and-Play games are always welcome at Trumpeter Society, Friday Game Nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hotz
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm going to try and make it out for the next one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dylan
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:
i'm going to try and make it out for the next one!

Good call... As I think it's gonna be a big one...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. December right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dylan
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:
Sweet. December right?

Friday December 1st

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hotz
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll save you a chair ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damn What time that day? I have a work event I just attend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hotz
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trumpeter Society, Friday Game Night doors open around 6:30 pm although the games do not usually start until 7-7:30 pm -- setup varies depending on the game being played. Games can go on until 11:00 pm, or later (I don't think anyone minds how late as long as you leave, or are in the process of leaving Bonsor by midnight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn I probably can’t make it until like 9-10pm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hotz
Canada
Maple Ridge
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a bit late but you can still come by to see what Friday Game Nights are like -- it doesn't cost anything to look. Most games are still in action, although nearing their conclusions by 10:00 pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh maybe i will pop by real quick with my friend on friday then see whatas up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.