BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: No Meta WW Legacy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf Legacy, Season 2- November

You tear open the box in excitement. You loved Risk Legacy when it came out, taking over and permanently altering the world in a fight for dominance. Next came Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, where you and your friends took on the CoDA virus trying to save the world from destruction. Now, you need to take on the deadly Werewolf threat every month in 2017.

You rip open the box to find the following items:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rulebook

Welcome to Werewolf Legacy! This is a series of 12 games running one every month in 2017. Each game will be directly influenced and based on what happened in previous months, but changes may happen DURING the games as well.

Players
We will try to keep the player roster consistent from game to game. This does not mean that if you play Game 1, you are required to play any future games. This means that, before the games go into signup, players that participated in previous games will be given a chance to pre-sign up to guarantee their spot in the next game.

Reveal
There is full role reveal! (Unless abilities or that month's game rules contradict this.)

Roles
This will be based on the Single Serving 13-player series.
Team Evil:
Medium1 Ghost2 Sorcerer3 Werewolf - Werewolf. After death, remains in wolf chat and can vote. Gets hits on Seer, Aux Seer, and Tinkers. N0 negative.
Fortune Teller1 Brutal2 Inventor3 Werewolf - Werewolf. Views each night for Aux Evils (N0 negative) and brutal on death. Each night, they can make and give out one of the following items- Golden Ring (if you have 3 Golden Rings, you are tough, Golden Rings do not disappear when someone dies, they pass to the person below them alphabetically), Rotten Fruit (will make someone's vote -1 the day after they consume it but will appear to them to increase their vote by 1), and Pearl (your vote will break ties).
Student1 Bulletproof2 Tinker3 Wolf Cub - Promotes to full werewolf if NKed by the werewolves or if viewed by a Max Evil. Views as Max before promotion and Aux after promotion. Learns the identities of both wolves at the start of the game. Can only be killed by lynch/night kill.
Mayor1Friends Episode2 Mimic - Views each night for full role and may reveal as anything they've viewed. N0 Villager view. Masons with the Traitor. Vote is worth 2. Each night starting N0, they make a chat where they are aliased as a Friends character.
**Roleblocker1 Category Sorcerer2 Map3 TBD4 Traitor - Counts for evil parity. Masons with the Full Role Sorcerer. Blocks non-lethal actions. Views for Good Special/Villager/Evil (tinkers give a random result that isn't what they are), no N0. They get some minor benefit from that month's game theme.

Team Good:
Shovel1 Martyr2Seer- Views each night for Wolf/not Wolf. N0 non-Wolf view. They get some minor benefit from that month's game theme. May pick someone each night to protect, dieing in their place.
Lover1 Inventor2 Aux Seer- Views each night for Aux/not Aux. N0 non-Aux view. One way lover with the Martyr and dies when they do. Learns who the Martyr is on N0. Each night, they can make and give out one of the following items- Golden Ring (if you have 3 Golden Rings, you are tough, Golden Rings do not disappear when someone dies, they pass to the person below them alphabetically), Speed Shoes (can put on at night to outrun the first two votes on you one day), Fruit (can consume at night for +1 vote that day), and Pearl (your vote will break ties).
***Aware1 Brutal2 Friends Episode3 TBD4 Martyr- Each night, you pick someone to protect. The first time you successfully protect the night kill, you do not die but will not be informed that you were successful. You cannot repeat targets two nights in a row. Each dawn, they learn the number of actions that targeted them that night. Brutal on Death. Each night starting N0, they make a chat where they are aliased as a Friends character.
Passive Day Priest1 Black Tie2 Mason- Shares a chat with the other Mason. Passive day priest and reduces Day reveal a level when they die. Get a defensive benefit from that month's game.
***Semi Hollow1 Gunsmith2 TBD3 Mason- Shares a chat with the other Mason. If they have been viewed and their Mason partner is dead, they die too. Must give out a gun each night (including N0) and cannot ever repeat targets.
Delayed Reveal1 Robotic2 Villager- Will reveal 24 hours after they die. Votes on them are reduced by 1, and they will survive LHLV regardless of other tiebreakers in play.
Passive Night Priest1 Villager- Once they die, night kills will be reduced a level of reveal.
Dead Chat Night Kill1 White2 Villager- When they die, they get one Night Kill that must be used the night the cycle after they die (ie N2 if they die D1/N1). Reveals one level higher than the game currently has reveal set to.
Villager- Standard Villager with no Powers. Can never gain powers.
Ghost1 Lumberjack2 Mimic Proof3 Tinker Villager- Standard Villager, unaware tinker. They can vote after death, and if NKed, they will die at Dusk instead of Dawn. If they are viewed by the Mimic, the Mimic will get a view back that they are a random living evil (can include mimic and traitor).
*** All villagers just know they are a villager. All attributes are unaware.
*** Stickers are marked like this1 to make it clear what is a sticker and what is an attribute.

Night Action Order
Sorcerer/Seer/Aux Seer View
Martyr Protect
Night Kill

Legacy Mechanisms
There are three Legacy mechanisms that will be used throughout the series:
1) Evolving Roleset. Each game, the first two good roles and first evil role to die will gain a sticker. Everyone will know who got the stickers but not what they were.
2) Rotating Theme. Throughout the series, each game will have a theme based on a previous Werewolf game that will be announced at the start. All stickers and role changes will fit within the universe of this game but will be applicable for future games in the series. There may be additional rules or mechanisms that will be announced before the game as a part of being in this world.
3) Conditional Envelopes. There is an assortment of envelopes in this box with specific conditions that need to be met for them to be opened. They fall into two categories: Immediate and Between Games. If an immediate condition is met, open that envelope immediately and do whatever it says. If a Between Games condition is met, the envelope will be opened at the end of the game. Whenever an envelope is opened, it will be announced to the thread that the conditions have been met and what impact it has on the game. If the conditions are something like "a player accidentally views someone dead", it will not be announced which role fulfilled those conditions.

Standard Werewolf Game Rules
All standard rules and victory conditions apply.
- No quoting modchat or mod provided information.
- Conditional orders are accepted.
- Brutals are mandatory and will be randomized between members of your team if you don't have a valid order in.
- Don't be a dick.

Specific Werewolf Game Rules

J) Once Game 10 finishes

You open the rules for Game 11's setup.

November's Game: No Meta Eleven!*

*I don't actually think this was the first no meta game (though I may be wrong), but a later one made it seem like there was a No Meta Cursed 13er somewhere.

New Rules:

Everyone will be using a sock puppet for this game. Any player to player chats (like Chrono/Maxie and Tok/Stone/etc) will have the actual PLAYER name, not the sock puppet name. All roles (including wolves and masons) will NOT start the game knowing their partners' identities.

Game Envelopes:

November 1: 50% of people D1 claim their true identity. (Probably dangerous.)
November 2: 4 people have claimed their true identity to someone.
November 3: 8 people have claimed their true identity to someone.
November 4: 12 people have claimed their true identity to someone.
November 5: 15 people have claimed their true identity to someone.

Additional Rules

N0 Check-In Phase:
On N0, once roles are handed out, all of the following occur.
1) The wolves get to pick one aux evil to learn the identity of at Dawn on D1.
2) Any roles with extra stickers that aren't Villager will choose between their various sticker options.
3) The Evil Masons pick which of them gets the tough that game.
4) Wolves choose which aux to learn.
5) Gunsmith, Aux Seer, Friends Chat Chatters, and Inventor Wolf all pick their N0 targets for items.
6) Players indicate if they want to eat cake.

Player Powers: Throughout the series, players may be given ongoing or limited use powers. They will ALWAYS be public and will be listed here in the rulebook until they are used up.
1) The first time LightRider and TFang nightfall each month, their votes gains +1.
2) Shawna and Lemon may agree to open a chat between themselves three times during the series. If both vote yes at the end of D1, the chat will open for the rest of the game. I will count this down each time they agree to open the chat.
3) inkarnit, Smugvid, Chronomodra, monogarden, and The_Rorab:
Pick a single role you don't want to be. (Must specify WHICH villager if villager). If you RNG that role, I will re-roll. If you ever share which role you picked, you will lose this benefit in future games.
4) AlwaysIdle, TigerDoodle, whirlingdervish, and BerenCamlost: Once per series, you may verify with the moderator that a view was not tinkered and will be accurately told the answer.
5) Always, Benes, ink, Light, mono, Lemon, Royal, Shawna, stone, Tiger all have Cake. More information about Cake can be found here.
6) Always, Light, Tiger: Can copy a player reward OPS.
7) Mono, stone, and TFang: Each of you may choose to initiate a chat room for the three of you once across the remaining series. You must tell me by dusk D1. If more than one of you choose to initiate it in a game, only one chat will be created and you will lose your ability to do so in future games.
8) The_Rorab may request a role in a future game.
9) The next time Benes rolls mason or werewolf, he may pick his partner.
10) Maxie and Chrono get a chat at the start of the next game they're both in.
11) Benes and Smug: Once per series, when you die and the other person is still alive, you may send them a 15 word message.

Envelopes

Open Immediately (new envelopes will be added)
1) The Aux Seer views a Wolf and the Seer views an Aux in the same night.
2) Three roles with views target the same person.
3) The wolves Night Kill an Aux Evil. Game 1
4) The village lynches the Aux Seer. Game 1
5) The martyr successfully protects a non-Villager. Game 1
6) Two villagers in a row are lynched.
7) The first four people to die are all villagers.
8) An evil is lynched by a nightfallen vote. Game 1
9) A good is lynched by a nightfallen vote. Game 4
10) DANGER! At least 50% of people claim D1 DANGER!.
11) Both masons of one alignment die before any of the other alignment. Game 3
13) The wolves Night Kill an Aux Evil.
14) The village lynches the martyr. Game 3
15) The village lynches one of the Masons.
18) Every living viewer (min 2) targets the same person on the same night. Game 3
19) Tinkers get viewed four times total across the series (starting D4 of Game 3). Game 4
20) Tinkers get viewed eight times total across the series (starting D4 of Game 3). Game 7
21) Tinkers get viewed 20 times across the series (starting D4 of Game 3). (12 as of Game 7)

Between Games (no new envelopes will be added)
A) Once Game 1 finishes Game 1
B) Once Game 2 finishes Game 2
C) Once Game 3 finishes Game 3
D) Once Game 4 finishes Game 4
E) Once Game 5 finishes Game 5
F) Once Game 6 finishes Game 6
G) Once Game 7 finishes Game 7
H) Once Game 8 finishes Game 8
I) Once Game 9 finishes Game 9
J) Once Game 10 finishes Game 10
K) Once Game 11 finishes
L) Good wins 3 games in a row Game 3
M) Evil wins 3 games in a row
N) Good wins 5 games total Game 8/Game 8
O) Evil wins 5 games total
P) The same complete roster ends the game two games in a row Game 4
Q) There are three or more replacements in a game Game 5
R) A player has the exact same role three times
S) A player has the exact same role five times
T) The game ends with every evil role alive
U) There are two people alive when the game ends Game 1
V) There are three people alive when the game ends Game 6
W) There are four people alive when the game ends Game 4
X) There are five people alive when the game ends
Y) There are six people alive when the game ends Game 3
Z) There is no one alive when the game ends

Monthly Envelopes (just available that month)
July A: For the team that earns the most points. Game 7
July B: For the player that earns the most points.Game 7
July C: For the player that earns the second most points.Game 7
July D: For the player that earns the third most points.Game 7
Envelope August B: All orange roles died Game 8
Envelope August E: All purple roles died Game 8

Previous Month's Game Links

Werewolf Legacy Season 2- January- Good wins!
WW Legacy S2 Feb- Is it my day to claim Seer?- Good wins!
WW Legacy S2 Mar- Auxpocalypse- Good wins!
WW Legacy S2 Apr- This is my hint post- Evil wins!
WW Legacy S2 May- I threw his fish in the volcano- Good wins!
WW Legacy S2 June- I quest for Unicorns- Good wins! *did not count as a good win due to mod error*
WW Legacy S2 July- Today you can be TommyDanger- Evil wins!
WW Legacy S2 August- ~legacy~ happened- Good wins!
WW Legacy S2 September- TBD- Evil wins!
WW Legacy S2 October- Risk it for the biscuit- Evil wins!

Mod Notes:
75% of the series is designed. This means that there will not be very much dynamic balancing, but I am waiting to see how well a few of the mechanisms work.

The original Werewolf Legacy series was put together with the help and feedback of Phelanpt based on a discussion in the Village Square board gaming thread and a suggestion by dbmurph22. The recommendation to use the Your Own Choice series came from SaiSaysPlayGo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hold

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mod!LJ’s standard rules post. Some of this might not apply. Ignore it if it doesn’t.

Friendly Game: First and foremost, this is a friendly game. Don’t be mean to people. Things like name calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated and may result in a perma-ban from my games if I tell you that you are crossing lines and you don’t stop. If you feel like someone else crossed a line, let me know, and I can talk to them for you.

Conditional Orders: These are accepted for orders, views, kills, et cetera. They can be things like “If Irina flips Seer, NK Belash instead”, “If 4th is lynched, view Lemon”, or even “Consider Ziilch my perma-backup view if I don’t have a valid order in.” They can’t be things like, “If someone hard claims Seer between now and dawn, protect them.” If you’re unsure, just ask!

Deadlines: All deadlines are X:X0:59. That means that if dusk is at 2pm, any posts with 2:00pm timestamp are valid. If Dawn is at 12:30, orders with a 12:31 timestamp will not be accepted. If a deadline happens and I don’t call dawn/dusk/give results/etc, hold the horse. I’ll be there shortly.

Brutal Orders: Brutals are mandatory unless otherwise stated. If you are brutal and do not have a valid order or conditional in place, your brutal will take out someone from your own team. So be sure to use orders and add conditionals if you might have a brutal.

Speeding Things Up: Nightfalls are valid options. If nightfall votes happen such that lynch results are locked, I will process dusk. If this is a game with vote manipulation, I will not unless there’s enough of a margin that any voting manipulation will not be given away. Unless I say otherwise, locking your game orders at night will speed up dawn.

Minimum Requirements: This falls between a Post for Your Life and a Proof of Life game. There is no minimum posting requirement, but if you’re not engaged in the game, I might replace you out. If you’re only going to make 1 post each day, they better be good posts. Likewise, if you miss a set of night orders, you can’t make them up, and I will replace you out. You don’t have to be omnipresent, but you need to be playing.

ModChat Information: Doing anything akin to flipping your card or talking about the color of your hat will result in a modkill. This includes: directly quoting modchats, using or faking screenshots of anything in Cassandra, or having people verify information by giving out the 10th word or letter that they get. This could also include things like, “LJ was late giving out views. Tell me what time she gave them out.” For more information and clarifications on this, please see this post.

Starts When Full: All of my Starts When Full games will go into go mode the first Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after they fill. This is so that they're staggered from the rest of the schedule. If it's a very heavy week for me or the players, I may schedule it instead for a future week, but the default is a midweek start as soon as it fills.

Deleting/Editing Posts:
Do not ever delete a post. It may result in a modkill but will definitely result in a loss, even if your team wins. Please do not edit posts too often, and be sure to indicate what you changed. If you edit a vote, you will be considered to have voted there, especially if you nightfall.

Other: If something comes up that I don’t address in the rules, I will use my best judgment when resolving it. If the Lynch/Night time are different in the OP and Cassy, assume that Cassy is right. If I screw something up, I will retcon or change things to even it out with both sides. If it’s pre-D2, I may re-roll.

Don’t be a dick.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Chronomodra
Irina_Phoenix
Littlelambchopx
maximumsaximum
monogarden
ortho_
PaperF
RoyalApe
SarahBoBara
Smugvid
stonecutter129
tern73
TFang
TigerDoodle
whirlingdervish

15 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1880793

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nokillyet
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
... no, they're never very far away!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you guys don't use our chat this time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lulu
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
If you guys don't use our chat this time...

I'll do it, I promise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we make the following happen:
2) Three roles with views target the same person. - I volunteer as tribute.

How has the following not happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xayah
msg tools
I was born to ruffle feathers.
badge
I don't speak compromise.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

Dear Cassy,
Make me a wolf, and I promise I'll get the bolded opened.
Love,
Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maximumsaximum wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Dear Cassy,
Love,
Max

There's no bonus for N1, btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xayah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Dear Cassy,
Love,
Max

There's no bonus for N1, btw.

That's my best chance of making it happen though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When are you getting in tonight? And did anytime tell you I bought ahi tuna steaks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xayah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
When are you getting in tonight? And did anytime tell you I bought ahi tuna steaks?

Roughly an hour and no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xayah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
did you decide if the dead chat NK sticker is getting un-nerfed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.