Subject: Euro games that have a solo variant that warrants a purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Viticulture's Automa deck is so simple to use that it has inspired many others to create an Automa for other games.
Games with Automa opponents for solo play

Have you seen this geeklist of BGG solo variants:
Non-solitaire games that have solo rules in BGG

There are variants for the games you listed and for games you already own, like 7 Wonders Duel, The Castles of Burgundy and World's Fair 1893.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthVandelay wrote:
morris9597 wrote:
Anything by Uwe Rosenberg is a good bet. My personal favorite though is Le Havre.

I also like the solo variant for Pax Porfiriana but that may be stretching the definition of "Euro" a bit.

I've heard great things about the solo variant of The Networks as well but can't attest to that from personal experience as I've only played this with 3 to 5 players, never solo. I can personally attest to the awesomeness of the game as a multiplayer game though.

Is there enough variety from game to game on Le Havre? I'll definitely check out The Networks! Thanks for the reply!

It's slight but it's there. Honestly, I just love the challenge of it. It's simple and yet I've not yet hit what is considered a winning score and I've played the game about 6 times at this point. If you're looking for an Uwe Rosenberg game with more variety check out Agricola and/or Caverna. I've only played Agricola but I've heard the two games a quite similar with Agricola being a more streamlined and less forgiving game than Caverna.

Honestly, just check out anything by Uwe Rosenberg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Morão
Brazil
flag msg tools
johnnybbgfan wrote:
Viticulture's Automa deck is so simple to use that it has inspired many others to create an Automa for other games.
Games with Automa opponents for solo play

Have you seen this geeklist of BGG solo variants:
Non-solitaire games that have solo rules in BGG

There are variants for the games you listed and for games you already own, like 7 Wonders Duel, The Castles of Burgundy and World's Fair 1893.

Thanks! Amazing geeklists, I'll definitely check some of those variants. The hard part is that is difficult telling by some comments what variants are just fun to learn the game and what variants are more engaging, but you helped a lot with those links. Thanks for the reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Morão
Brazil
flag msg tools
morris9597 wrote:
DarthVandelay wrote:
morris9597 wrote:
Anything by Uwe Rosenberg is a good bet. My personal favorite though is Le Havre.

I also like the solo variant for Pax Porfiriana but that may be stretching the definition of "Euro" a bit.

I've heard great things about the solo variant of The Networks as well but can't attest to that from personal experience as I've only played this with 3 to 5 players, never solo. I can personally attest to the awesomeness of the game as a multiplayer game though.

Is there enough variety from game to game on Le Havre? I'll definitely check out The Networks! Thanks for the reply!

It's slight but it's there. Honestly, I just love the challenge of it. It's simple and yet I've not yet hit what is considered a winning score and I've played the game about 6 times at this point. If you're looking for an Uwe Rosenberg game with more variety check out Agricola and/or Caverna. I've only played Agricola but I've heard the two games a quite similar with Agricola being a more streamlined and less forgiving game than Caverna.

Honestly, just check out anything by Uwe Rosenberg.

I had Agricola but I just played multiplayer. I like the variety that comes from the cards, but is kind of a consensus that the solo variant by Uwe is not that exciting. Caverna is a no-go for now because of the static setup and huge setup time. I'll try to watch some Le Havre playthrough. Thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Prentis
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
What about Monster Lands? I'm not sure how good the solo mode is, but it's part of the game design and should be reasonable I hope. The game looks smashing otherwise - it's got a last few days on Kickstarter with some very nice exclusives that will offer even more replayability and flavour.

The link is here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1571361752/monster-land...

There's also a BGR contest going for one Monster level pledge:
https://wn.nr/CrG2sb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mb
DarthVandelay wrote:
morris9597 wrote:

+1 for The Networks. It was my go-to solo for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.