Núria Casellas
Spain
flag msg tools

Game Name: Smuggler's End
Designer: Núria Casellas
Cover artist: Craig Petersen
Players: 2 and 4
Play Time: 30-45 min

Overview: Smuggle precious goods into enemy ports and become the most infamous smuggler ever known!!
The first smuggler to get to 12+1 points (26 for 4 players co-op) will win the game.
Smuggler’s End is a competitive game for 2 and 4 players (it can also be played cooperatively in 2v2 mode).

Components:
- 4 double-sided port tiles
- 4 double-sided open sea tiles
- 35 ship tokens
- 3 monster tokens
- 1 shipwreck token
- 1 Monster dice (monsters)
- 1 Weather dice (movement)
- 2 score boards
- 1 player aid

PnP files are ready! https://www.dropbox.com/s/m19r7a7k8wfxwbs/Smuggler%27sEndPnP...

The files include the rulebook.

Some pictures of the final prototype:

And some pictures of the initial prototype:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eloi Pujadas
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Smuggler's End (Mint Tin Design Contest 2017 - Idea Phase)
Very dynamic and interactive. I need to test it 2vs2 and also 3 players. I love the kraken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Núria Casellas
Spain
flag msg tools
Re: [WIP] Smuggler's End (Mint Tin Design Contest 2017 - Idea Phase)
Hi Eloi! Thanks!

I tried to follow your recommendations regarding the writing of the rules. So, I specified the components adding description images. I think that the gameplay part becomes more clear now.
For the moment, I've eliminated the 3 player as an option to focus on 2, 4, and 2v2. But if there's sufficient time, I'll add the 3 player option as well.

Núria

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Núria Casellas
Spain
flag msg tools
Re: [WIP] Smuggler's End (Mint Tin Design Contest 2017 - Components Ready - playtest)
I've created a preliminary PnP file to be able to print the tiles and, if necessary, some tokens. I've also suggested substitutions for the tokens and dice.

If you can playtest, let me know what do you think! I'll be playtesting more this week to finalize the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Núria Casellas
Spain
flag msg tools
Re: [WIP] Smuggler's End (Mint Tin Design Contest 2017 - Components Ready - playtest)
I've added the score boards to the description of the rules and also to the PnP files to facilitate tracking of the points. I've also updated the rules to point out that one of the ships tokens is used for tracking.

This is the direct link to the Rulebook.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cL2CEXf2fDji8LN7M2C1yk6Bsi...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Núria Casellas
Spain
flag msg tools
OK! Just posted the PnP ready files! As ready as they can be today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.