Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Can't remember the names of... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Silva
msg tools
1) A board game where players are tasked with harvesting ore/minerals from the deep sea (I recall there being maybe 4-5 different color materials?) where each player would then need to strategically trade/sell those materials at the end of each round, where the trading subsequently effects the value of the goods being traded by way of supply/demand.

EDIT: There are some board pieces that get placed next to eachother to form the main board. Each board piece contains a variety of mineral types. Players must send diving machines into the ocean to claim the resources by assigning their own diving machines to resources that they look to gather. At the end of the round, the players get to harvest the minerals, and then determine how they look to trade.

Players also have the ability to increase the size of their stash above sea level allowing them to hold on to more minerals at one time (and not be forced to sell quickly).

My brain recalls the name of the game being something along the lines of "??? Mining Co. ???".

2) A simpler board game where players look to buy shares into hotels/offices/residential buildings (I forget which, or if it's a combination between them) where throughout the game, these buildings grow and overtake eachother based on the size of the structures. The structures grow by players strategically utilizing numbered tiles (numbers being kept hidden by the player in which the tile belongs) that are pulled from a bag at random. The players also buy shares of the buildings hoping to make a profit based on predictions of how the value will change. Player with the most cash at the end of the game wins (I forget the trigger that ends the game).

I'll provide additional detail if there is not enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 is Acquire and it is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Silva
msg tools
Awesome, thanks! That's one down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
itbrandonsilva wrote:
1) A board game where players are tasked with harvesting ore/minerals from the deep sea (I recall there being maybe 4-5 different color materials?) where each player would then need to strategically trade/sell those materials at the end of each round, where the trading subsequently effects the value of the goods being traded by way of supply/demand.

2) A simpler board game where players look to buy shares into hotels/offices/residential buildings (I forget which, or if it's a combination between them) where throughout the game, these buildings grow and overtake eachother based on the size of the structures. The structures grow by players strategically utilizing numbered tiles (numbers being kept hidden by the player in which the tile belongs) that are pulled from a bag at random. The players also buy shares of the buildings hoping to make a profit based on predictions of how the value will change. Player with the most cash at the end of the game wins (I forget the trigger that ends the game).

Could #1 be AquaSphere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Silva
msg tools
JohnnyDollar wrote:
itbrandonsilva wrote:

Could #1 be AquaSphere?

Not quite it, unfortunately. Thanks for the attempt! I'll update the description with more detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Nautilus Industries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Silva
msg tools
Mishko wrote:

Oh baby, that's the one. Thanks a lot, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
itbrandonsilva wrote:
Player with the most cash at the end of the game wins (I forget the trigger that ends the game).

You already know this is Acquire. The endgame trigger is that the current player can choose to end the game *if* all of the chains on the board are "safe", i.e. have 11+ tiles in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally ONE of them is 41 tiles or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.