BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Pandemic Legacy Season 1 - £40 from Amazon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Tanner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems to be a pretty good deal - it's a "Daily Deals Shop" offer, but fulfilled by Amazon. In Stock on November 15th, but you can order it now.

Their Ticket to Ride offer came through, so hopefully this will.

Z-Man Games Pandemic Legacy Season 1 Box Board Game - Blue https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TQ5SEAI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_c7...

Edit: I had the link in my clipboard and everything. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a link whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerslake
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great price, couldn't resist - thanks for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Daily Deals, the vendor, have very little feedback (as far as I can see). I'd be wary of third-party sellers like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cox
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon have it in stock themselves for £42...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lamb
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Ordered the blue version not realising it was a non-amazon seller, got delivered on Friday and all the cards are printed wonky, the cubes dont look like the cubes on my other 4x pandemic games and just generally looks off. Strangely it doesnt smell like a normal Pandemic game either having opened up Iberia at the same time!

In process of sending it back and have a copy from Amazon themselves on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Plant
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just received a copy from daily deals shop as a Christmas present from my partner. It all seems good but the cards look a little different from the standard game, there's not the usual texture on them. Does anyone know if this is normal? I guess it makes sense if cards are torn up during play, no point having as high quality cards.

All printing etc looks fine, the only problem is I have to put it away until Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard King
United Kingdom
Crockenhill
KENT
flag msg tools
I received identical copies direct from Amazon and the Daily Deals company. Just compared the component quality between the two and the Dail Deals product is inferior in every aspect. Even the box is different material. Plastic cubes, cards etc all poor quality.
I will be returning the Daily Deals product and keeping the Amazon version.
This is a worrying development for board gaming. Fake eggs and now games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
rking999 wrote:
I received identical copies direct from Amazon and the Daily Deals company. Just compared the component quality between the two and the Dail Deals product is inferior in every aspect. Even the box is different material. Plastic cubes, cards etc all poor quality.
I will be returning the Daily Deals product and keeping the Amazon version.
This is a worrying development for board gaming. Fake eggs and now games...

I had to return a Settlers of Catan some weeks ago.
Gamers in the know would smell a rat immediately but I'm pretty sure it would have fooled most. Who would even think it could be a knock off?
Also, when they are priced cheap, but realistically, it isn't immediately obvious when ordering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Tanner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ugh, that’s terrible.

Is there any difference in barcode or publisher details? I’m wondering if it’s a cheap Russia/China edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johns
England
North Somerset
flag msg tools
mb
What's the easiest way of telling if it is fake? Also, what are the sellers people used?

I used this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?merchant=A2EXK62CYPPAXA&fallThrou...

I'm smelling a rat based on the other things they sell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the Amazon seller I bought from:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFul...=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Farrow
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Morning buddy, I also got a copy from Daily Deals and im unsure if its fake or not as it all seems good apart from the box (it feels better than standard boxes in my opinion) but it has more of a texture feel instead of gloss if that makes sense, What made you 100% sure it was a fake so i can compare?

i worry far to much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
50 Caliber Bob wrote:
What's the easiest way of telling if it is fake? Also, what are the sellers people used?

I used this one:

I've just opened mine from the same seller (Top Choices UK), and comparing the contents to my Z-man copy of the base game the components are identical with the exception of the cards. Although the print quality and thickness are the same, the base game is linen finish, and the legacy game is not. Hopefully this isn't an indicator and still means it's real. I hate the doubt though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavoB wrote:
50 Caliber Bob wrote:

I used this one:

I've just opened mine from the same seller (Top Choices UK), and comparing the contents to my Z-man copy of the base game the components are identical with the exception of the cards. Although the print quality and thickness are the same, the base game is linen finish, and the legacy game is not. Hopefully this isn't an indicator and still means it's real. I hate the doubt though

Trying to think of my own version (whilst at work and not being able to check) I'm pretty certain they're not of the linen quality in pandemic (assuming my version is legit too, but I bought it back when it came out from a proper retailer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johns
England
North Somerset
flag msg tools
mb
wheelerruss wrote:

Trying to think of my own version (whilst at work and not being able to check) I'm pretty certain they're not of the linen quality in pandemic (assuming my version is legit too, but I bought it back when it came out from a proper retailer)

If you could check I'd be really grateful! Hate the doubt of thinking I've got a duff copy of a game I've waited for ages to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have to open my Catalan. The box was linen finish.
The print was "washed out". There was a couple of spelling mistakes on the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infectedeggs wrote:
The print was "washed out". There was a couple of spelling mistakes on the back.

I'd have thought the fact it was called Catalan would've been enough!! (Assuming that was a typo, but it could've been an intentional joke)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Girling
United Kingdom
Stowmarket
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived from Daily Deals. Quality wise it's excellent, really high print quality on all the cards (glossy finish) and everything is printed on great stock (nice thick box). Only small issue is some of the infection cubes have tiny scuffs on the corners but I can live with that.

If mine is a fake, it's got better production quality than a lot of published games i've bought over the years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
infectedeggs wrote:

I'd have thought the fact it was called Catalan would've been enough!! (Assuming that was a typo, but it could've been an intentional joke)

:blush:

A mistake. So long since I played it I forgot what it was called.
That else I have got caught up in Spanish politics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guinness81 wrote:
My copy arrived from Daily Deals. Quality wise it's excellent, really high print quality on all the cards (glossy finish) and everything is printed on great stock (nice thick box). Only small issue is some of the infection cubes have tiny scuffs on the corners but I can live with that.

If mine is a fake, it's got better production quality than a lot of published games i've bought over the years!

I compared the cubes to the standard game as well and they're identical.
Honestly, if these are fake, then they're amazing!
Obviously the joke will be on us when we start opening the sealed boxes and they're full of confetti. Box 1 seems VERY light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Cox
msg tools
Mines from Daily Deals as well. Doesn’t seem to be o obviously fake. Not linen finish cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerslake
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't going to open my copy (ordered last Sat, arrived last Sun) but after reading all this I just have and it is spot on. Perfect condition/quality. The seller was Roland Trading Corp - 34 positives from 34 in the last 12 months. Itching to play this now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavoB wrote:
Guinness81 wrote:

I compared the cubes to the standard game as well and they're identical.
Honestly, if these are fake, then they're amazing!
Obviously the joke will be on us when we start opening the sealed boxes and they're full of confetti. Box 1 seems VERY light.

Obviously not wanting to give anything away, but I think some of the boxes are quite light. I wouldn't worry about confetti!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Girling
United Kingdom
Stowmarket
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww damnit, and I was hoping for a miniature fanfare after completing round one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.