Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any solid info on if this will be in retail stores in time to make it a Christmas gift this year? I'm seeing things that mention Q4 but we are in that now and not sure if that just counts if it was selling at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
Anyone have any solid info on if this will be in retail stores in time to make it a Christmas gift this year? I'm seeing things that mention Q4 but we are in that now and not sure if that just counts if it was selling at Essen.

Hi Randy, I'm President of Passport Game Studios, and we're the North American partner for Funforge. We help get their games to distribution and retail. We're working very hard to get the new edition in time for Christmas, but it will be very tight, due to shipping and customs. We tend to not give distributors/retailers a hard date until we have a confirmation of shipping and customs being cleared, to avoid any issues.

As we know more, we'll keep everyone posted, but for right now, I can tell you that it is our goal to have it by then, but it's not something we can guarantee at the moment... yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
mrranch wrote:

Hi Randy, I'm President of Passport Game Studios, and we're the North American partner for Funforge. We help get their games to distribution and retail. We're working very hard to get the new edition in time for Christmas, but it will be very tight, due to shipping and customs. We tend to not give distributors/retailers a hard date until we have a confirmation of shipping and customs being cleared, to avoid any issues.

As we know more, we'll keep everyone posted, but for right now, I can tell you that it is our goal to have it by then, but it's not something we can guarantee at the moment... yet.

What will the 5th Anniversary Edition include that would set it apart from the standard edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Tox -
Thanks for the answer! That is right on point on what I thought. I will keep crossing those fingers for as long as I can hold out.

@ Ashley -
There has been other threads on this, but it mainly has to do with the base game with slightly more updated things (i.e. Art/font on cards little different & meeples shapes changed). You can see more on this fairly short video here if need to:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TL;DW version of the video:

1. The changes are completely cosmetic. No change to gameplay.
2. This is not a special edition. Instead, this is the new edition, which is the only edition that will be sold going forward.

You can see the new art in the video.
I have very mixed feelings about the new art vs the old. If I had never seen the old version, I would call the new version lovely, but on the other hand for me it's not quite as enchanting as the old version. Although, I do like the new panoramas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
I also have mixed feelings on the new art. I like some aspects and I dislike some aspects. Of course if you buy this edition, you'll need to wait for the eventual matching expansions, unless you want the artwork to be a mis-match between the base game and the expansions. Also, the promo cards won't match this edition. Then again, the promos don't match the deluxe/collector's editions either.

My girlfriend and her sister really like this game, so I'm a sucker and pre-ordered the 5th anniversary edition just for the change in artwork. Hopefully it will release in time for it to be shipped and received for Christmas, but it's getting pretty close already...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
No update - I guess there's no chance of us getting this in time for Christmas at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McCleary
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
WARNING: Caustic
mbmbmbmbmb
Available at CoolStuffInc (as of January 26): https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/247332

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.