Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The thread in general will probably be full of spoilers, so fair warning. I will speak somewhat generally, and also try to use spoiler tags for very specific things where I can though.

Having played through and completed each Curse on its own, we had planned for a while to attempt this challenge. Last night, my gf and I successfully completed “The All-In Mega-Curse”. We used all available expansions, all 7 Curses were in play, and we had to complete all of them for us to consider it a “win” (including completing Path of Repentance). We lost our first attempt, but won on the second. Both times we played with and used [777]

We died on the first attempt, after 4 sessions and were about 1/3 through our total objectives. The first attempt got off to a really bad start when we didn’t get off the first island in the optimal way. That lead us down and We used the [777] early and just never were able to get stabilized after that bad start.

In the second attempt, we played for I *think* 7 sessions, well over 35 hours. We lifted the final Curse with an almost completely full deck of cards, no negative States, 490 Trophy points, 6 completed Side Quests, and had purchased every Advanced skill card except 4.

We attribute our success to some very specific planning in regards to what objectives to complete and when, since lifting a Curse will replenish large chunks of the deck. Making sure to accomplish smaller objectives when you can to avoid backtracking is also pretty important.

We have resisted the urge to peek at any cards we have not found naturally, and I suspect we have uncovered about 98% of what the game has to offer. But that said, even in this final run we were finding new cards, new hidden numbers, and uncovering more and more puzzles and secrets we’d never found before.

There are a few things we know are in the game somewhere but STILL have not uncovered… (and would not like spoiled just yet, thanks!) for example:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

We don’t know what happens when you sacrifice the Goat
We don’t know what happens when you play music for the whale
We have never seen an item with the keyword “Viking”, but found a different card that would help us if we did.
We’ve only ever found 2 items with keyword “antique” (but have been asked to find 3).
I suspect there are still some 350 cards we have not seen.
There are several Gold number cards we’ve yet to see, [000], [001], [002], [350], possibly more… I have a theory about these but we haven’t peeked to check.

All in all, it was a great challenge, and a ton of fun. We have to wait almost a year for the new expansions, so we may try again on Hard Mode and see if we can beat if without using the [777].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bevilacqua
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CheddarLimbo wrote:

I do devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerMike wrote:
CheddarLimbo wrote:

I do devil

I do.

You don't want to know.
It's spooky. Scary. Makes you feel full of guilt. You deserve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great that you managed to finish this.
Me I was making steady progress. If you haven't read my session report,

I had never unfolded the history of the continent so I didn't know what to expect.
I certainly didn't expect it to abruptly end my playthrough.
But it's good because I would otherwise have died after failling to lift the Black Chest despite drawing 18 cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woww ! GG CheddarLimbo !!
You become the first player writed on the non-official Hall of Fame that I just open on the official website.
(If a english speaker want to create the same topic on the english part, it would be great)

I'm just trying to finish my 2-curses game in solo and that's not easy to find the best path to optimize the hunting spots (and other things).
Bravo à toi !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CheddarLimbo wrote:
490 Trophy points
wow congrats, that's amazing. Good to know that such a feat is achievable.

I'm just past 300 and I know where to find 60 more points, but I thought that was it. I've explored most of the base game and also found a trophy in Fear the Devourer. Are there more trophies in base game + the 3 non-curses expansions?

I've finished Icy Maze but have not found any trophy there. Have yet to play the other 2 curse extensions.
Are there trophies in the 3 curse expansions?

CheddarLimbo wrote:
had purchased every Advanced skill card except 4
Must be nice to play with such a huge deck and high density of 7s and
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galehar wrote:
CheddarLimbo wrote:
490 Trophy points
wow congrats, that's amazing. Good to know that such a feat is achievable.

I'm just past 300 and I know where to find 60 more points, but I thought that was it. I've explored most of the base game and also found a trophy in Fear the Devourer. Are there more trophies in base game + the 3 non-curses expansions?

There's a thread for that.
Devourer and the three curse expansions come with at least 1 trophy each.
There is also an added trophy to a certain stack of cards.

Cards 250

But I don't remember from which expansion it comes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
GamerMike wrote:
CheddarLimbo wrote:

I do devil

I do.

You don't want to know.
It's spooky. Scary. Makes you feel full of guilt. You deserve it.

It seems like it would be, which is why we've never done it.

Razoupaf wrote:
It's great that you managed to finish this.
Me I was making steady progress. If you haven't read my session report,

I had never unfolded the history of the continent so I didn't know what to expect.
I certainly didn't expect it to abruptly end my playthrough.
But it's good because I would otherwise have died after failling to lift the Black Chest despite drawing 18 cards!

Yes, I did read about Raz's adventures!
We'd uncovered that aspect in an earlier run, so we knew to avoid it this time. The chest was particularly tricky, since you have to be at a specific place and it wasn't always convenient to get there when we had the resources to open it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Oh, I must have missed this one. Anyone got the link?

Razoupaf wrote:

Cards 250

I've found this one. The prefix ID is B, which is Icy Maze.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
galehar wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Oh, I must have missed this one. Anyone got the link?

Razoupaf wrote:

Cards 250

I've found this one. The prefix ID is B, which is Icy Maze.

This one was really exciting for us. We'd never come across it before until we were doing this challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CheddarLimbo wrote:
Last night, my gf and I successfully completed “The All-In Mega-Curse”.
Could you tell us what characters you played ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Phoenixeux wrote:
CheddarLimbo wrote:
Last night, my gf and I successfully completed “The All-In Mega-Curse”.
Could you tell us what characters you played ?

Keelan and Ferdinand is our favorite team. We've played with every character multiple times, but always come back to these two.

Keelan is especially important to get Notes faster which can give you a lot of bonuses, and we have found that Thinking type actions are hard to prepare for without her abilities.

Ferdinand's Gourmet, and Life in the Wild are more important early on, and we used Seconday Route a lot.

Eliot would also be a strong choice because the bonuses to swimming and healing come in handy very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup these two are broken alright

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Weber
msg tools
Having now completed all curses separately and Mega bundled, do you feel you would ever play this again? I've only done a couple of sessions without success for the first curse but I feel like there isn't very much of a game here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
WorkPlace66 wrote:
Having now completed all curses separately and Mega bundled, do you feel you would ever play this again? I've only done a couple of sessions without success for the first curse but I feel like there isn't very much of a game here.

I enjoy the underlying mechanic of planning and optimization. Even when there are very few surprises in term of new content, the game always felt engaging because we had to navigate carefully and use resources wisely. If that's not enough game for someone, then so be it, but we've enjoyed it every time.

We are taking a break for now (and eagerly waiting for the expansions next year). But I could see us going back to playing it again in six months maybe?

I will also be teaching it to my kids at some point soon, though probably a less ruthless version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls