Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: math-trade [+] [View All]
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A new Math Trade. Look inside for details.
Michael,
you might want to check the "Trade List" box on the editing boxes for the list so it shows as a Trade List and not on the general GeekList page.
Otherwise, good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
What is "play at home" and where can I find info on it? I didn't see a reference to it in the math trade faq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gotcha thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does one find these scantily clad women for hire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Embark
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put my game up on the list. I have never done one of these trades before but I am optimistic that I will get something I want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anybody tell me how to export (to spreadsheet) a list of games that I have for trade from my collection that are tagged as "War" or "WarGame" and include in the export: BGG ID, Game Name, BGG Average, & Publisher??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Wooly Bully and Hey, That's My Fish, and Cosmic Cows be considered kids games (I would---but just want to check before I post)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, because I want HTMF !!

lol

I dunno, I would think the first two could be considered that. Never played CC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have kids---but even if you look at kidsgamratings.com --- and took that as the guideline, its tough to nail it down.

Case in point...I would have put Cosmic Cows as the most likely to be a kids game out of the list I submitted. I think nailing down what is or is not a kids game is tougher than what is or isn't a wargame.

Its no big deal---just thinking out loud!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COSMIC COW is definitely label for kids. Think - Yahtzee for kids.

Hi Folks,
I am tagging almost all the items I list, that is under 4 pound shipping weight, as available to US and Canada. Sorry about the rest, just too costly to make it past the border.
Please note that shipment to Canada, may take up to 5 days before it gets ship because I actually have to make an appearance and stand in line at the post office (during their limited hours of operation).
U.S. trades gets shipped within 3 days, those postage can be purchased online. Then I just ambush the postman, when he drops our daily mail off.

Thanks all,
-David

ninja...Ninjas were here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,
Are you going to tap Jeffyjeff for the use of his want list generator? I find it makes the wantlist generation much easier and less prone to errors.

-David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the trade resolver, I guess GenetiTrade is pretty much the "De facto" software used nowadays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisyphean Gamestacker
United States
Taylors
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
COSMIC COW is definitely label for kids. Think - Yahtzee for kids.

I play it with my daughter. It's basically full-on, smash-mouth yahtzee except that you are aliens playing tractor-beam tug of war with little rubber cows.

Official Yahtzee for kids, on the other hand, has annoying hollow plastic dice with Pokemon or Disney stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to request the following:

Go Away Monster!
Heroscape stuff (particullarly terrain sets and new sets)
Supremacy: The Unconventional Forces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lsamadi wrote:
Where does one find these scantily clad women for hire?

QUIET! You will attract the wrath of Topherrrrrrr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to update your #2 with the latest guideline from Regai:

#2 ...If you specify a dollar amount it is your responsibility to try to stay under that dollar amount (flat rate boxes and parcel post are acceptible options). If you go over that amount, when a cheaper shipping method is available, and without consent of the person you are sending to, then it is your mistake and you must eat the difference in costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to complete my Metagaming's Microgame collection. I know some people think they are trash, but I grew up playing them and love them. Anyone have some to trade, please post them up for this MT. I am learning Java, and as a learning experience, I am coding some of those old games with AI's.

Thanks,
-David

ninja...Ninjas were here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Would Munchkin games be considered kid's games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
aksosa wrote:

Personally, I think that would be considered child abuse.. gulp

Seriously, I'll guess that's not quite what was in mind. Just MNSHO however.. YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see FFG's War of the Ring or GMT's Sweden Fights On on this list. Even in "player's copy" condition, as long as they're complete.

Edited to correct game names.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No problem. I didn't think so but I wanted to make sure. Like you said, there is always another math trade.

mbourgeois wrote:
aksosa wrote:

As much as I hate to say... no, Munchkin anything would not be considered a kids game. But there will be another math trade soon so make sure you post it there.

thanks for asking though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
1) Just to let all of you know... I'll be removing some games on Sunday. I will advise the owners of the games and give them an opportunity to convince me that the game should stay. I apologize if one goes down that you were really hoping for... I guess if you see it missing contact the owner... I'm sure that he/she would like to move it along. I'll send out advisements tomorrow on Friday and games will be removed on Sunday by no later than 10pm pacific time. You have that much time to plead your case for a game to stay. Remember the criteria was a war game or a kid's game or a tabletop miniatures game. (the last I know is open to some interpretation.)

2) Since I'm still new to the Math Trades I'm still pondering what trade resolver to use. If any of you have a particular favorite or one that you think operates really well then please let me know.

3) Want lists: Please form your want list as such...

100Monopoly 22Titan 45PathGlory 17Busen

The first number/name combo is yours and the other number/name combos are the games you want. Please follow the listing for any shortforms that should be offered. The listing will be posted after the mathtrade closes.

thanks all

Is this the format we use if we are willing to accept any one of many different games? What I mean is if I will accept any one of games x,y and z for my game, is this the format we use. Or, do we make a separate entry for each game we are willing to accept. Just want to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
mbourgeois wrote:
1) Just to let all of you know... I'll be removing some games on Sunday. I will advise the owners of the games and give them an opportunity to convince me that the game should stay. I apologize if one goes down that you were really hoping for... I guess if you see it missing contact the owner... I'm sure that he/she would like to move it along. I'll send out advisements tomorrow on Friday and games will be removed on Sunday by no later than 10pm pacific time. You have that much time to plead your case for a game to stay. Remember the criteria was a war game or a kid's game or a tabletop miniatures game. (the last I know is open to some interpretation.)

2) Since I'm still new to the Math Trades I'm still pondering what trade resolver to use. If any of you have a particular favorite or one that you think operates really well then please let me know.

3) Want lists: Please form your want list as such...

100Monopoly 22Titan 45PathGlory 17Busen

The first number/name combo is yours and the other number/name combos are the games you want. Please follow the listing for any shortforms that should be offered. The listing will be posted after the mathtrade closes.

thanks all

Is this the format we use if we are willing to accept any one of many different games? What I mean is if I will accept any one of games x,y and z for my game, is this the format we use. Or, do we make a separate entry for each game we are willing to accept. Just want to make sure.

The format for the wantlist is this:
XXXgamename
XXX - is the geeklist ID number of the game, this could have 1,2,or 3 numbers
gamename - is the name of the game you want (the official gamename would be up to mbourgeois to decide upon at the closing of the geeklist, so what I have here is just an example)

give u an example:
13. Imperium, 3rd Millennium
is what I have up for trade and I am willing to accept the following as trade for it:
1. Wilderness War
108. Ninja Galaxy

I would write the list up like this:
13Imperium 1Wilderness 108Ninja

The first item is my game the rest of the line is what I would accept as trade for it.

Everyone needs to wait until the geeklist is closed and then for mbourgeois to post the official XXXgamename for this mathtrade. It is a good idea to make a running list of what you want now...

-David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:

Everyone needs to wait until the geeklist is closed and then for mbourgeois to post the official XXXgamename for this mathtrade. It is a good idea to make a running list of what you want now...

-David

It is a better idea to double check those numbers at the end since items ARE BEING DELETED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:

I think Genetitrade is not only the easiest program to use, it is also the fastest at resolving trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.