GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,543 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Eurydice Games» Forums » News

Subject: Charity December rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya all,

For the month of December I will be supporting a charity for the first 33 sales of Zombology. Thirty-three was chosen as I currently have 15 in stock and I expect to hand-craft another 18 during the month of December.

The way it will work is that for every sale I will personally donate £5 (approximately equal to the profit generated from the sale) to one of the five charities listed below that The Wife and I would like to (and already do!) support. The buyer of the game gets to choose which charity from the list below gets the money. I will keep a record here of the total for each charity and at the end of the month (or once the 33 are gone) I will post pictorial evidence of the charity donations.

The chosen charities (in alphabetical order) are:

International Rescue Committee www.rescue.org
The IRC responds to some of the world's worst crises, delivering aid that saves lives while paving the way for long-term recovery.

Medicins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders www.msf.org.uk
Doctors who could earn a high salary and live very comfortable lives at home risk their lives to provide medical treatment where it's needed. We have a friend who has worked for them and her stories are terrifying and sobering.

MOAS www.moas.eu
No one should have to risk their life to reach safety: that’s why MOAS continues to provide aid and assistance along the world’s most dangerous migration routes.

MS Society www.mssociety.org.uk
I have MS. I am extremely lucky in that I managed to get on a clinical trial for a treatment that has been very successful for me before I suffered too much disability progression. Hundreds of thousands of people are not that lucky.

Shelter www.shelter.org.uk
It's cold in Newcastle in the winter. Not Canada cold, but cold. I certainly wouldn't want to spend the night outside with only a sleeping bag to protect me night after night. Shelter provide support and help to the homeless.

If you buy a copy this month I will contact you to find out which of these charities you would like us to support on your behalf.

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first order is in and the scores are:

IRC £0
MSF £5
MOAS £0
MS Society £0
Shelter £0

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow month! Second order is in:

IRC £0
MSF £5
MOAS £0
MS Society £5
Shelter £0

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.