Hide
1 Posts

Valor & Victory» Forums » Sessions

Subject: AAR One-Hour Wargames scenario 28 (solo) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evandro Novel
msg tools
Here is a simple solo game I played. It was based on “One-Hour Wargames” book by Neil Thomas, scenario 28 “Botched Relief”, slightly updated for the smaller scale of V&V.

The Green army is assaulting a building held by Gray units. A Gray relief force is deployed in the woods and poised to assist, but its commander is proving rather inert. The Gray have a -2 leader in the building and a satchel charge. The attackers have two -1 leaders and a Light Machine-Gun. The blue pebbles mark the leader bonuses.

The starting Green force is twice as big as the Gray force in the building. But Gray units enter from the left side of the board: these units are only activated sequentially, when a unit is eliminated, a new one enters the board.

Turn 1:
The first Gray reinforcement is a single unit. The Green move forward: they receive OP fire, with a single unit reduced.

Turn 2: The single Gray unit on the left is eliminated. Two new units appear on the left. The Green make two distinct assault attacks on the building and they both fail. Casualties for both attackers (two units) and defenders (one unit).

Turn 3: The Green fire, reducing one of the two reinforcement squads. They then repeat their assault and this time they succeed, but they take more damage. Only the two leaders and two half-squads are left.

Turn 4: Firing from the building, the Green take down the two Gray units. Again, two new units appear in the wood.

Turn 5: The Gray units advance. The Green fire and reduce one of the two.

Initially, I thought this would have been a 5 turns game, but I decided to play on to see if the Gray could regain the building.

Turn 6: Only a Gray half squad reaches the building: time to use the satchel charge to attempt the final assault. It’s a success! But the attacker takes more than enough damage to eliminate the last unit. No active figure remains on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.