Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hidden Among the Leaves
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, Knight of Destiny: I like it. It creates the sense of desolation and gloom that I saw in Excalibur.
My knight was named Sir Dagonet. During his search for Holly Grail he visited the Village of Plague and Death, assisted the ill and comforted the dying, gaining 1 piety point. Mordred's traitors attacked and killed his paladin brother Sir Grifflet, while he barely survived an ambush at the Black Lion Inn. He got lost in the forest and was attacked by 7 hooded cultists sent by Morgana, but he easily dispatched them. He learned that his friend Sir Ywain was also killed by traitors. Upon his journy, he was blessed to visit the Grail Castle, but he was deemed unworthy. His friend Sir Grislet who accompanied him, died in an ambush too. In the woods he challenged and attacked the Giant Taulurd. Sir Dagonet emerged victorious yet injured. He was blessed to find St John's tooth, that was stolen by the giant. Returning to the Inn to nurse his wounds, the Innkeeper ousted him. So he injured was not able to fight the invisible Sir Garlon who challenged him. Sir Dagonet fought as a lion but succumbed to his wounds, unable to save Arthur and Britain.
Wow! That was a good story! Ok, this game is luck driven and usually (very) bad things happen. However, I really liked it. If you are into Arthurian Saga, put some Parzifal in the audio and start playing. Beware of traitors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great tale! That is the aim of this supplement, to narrate the gritty struggle of the paladins quest against a background of impending doom.

One observation, in reading the description, Sir Dagonet was turned away from the last Inn; but as he was successful in a side-quest against the giant, this would not have happened as it modifies the roll on the Inn table.

It would be good to hear of any more stories. There is enough variation that each game plays out very differently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! I just completed a session of this myself and typed up a session report on the Four Against Darkness forum. It's currently pending right now, but believe it or not, through a random die roll my Paladin's name was Sir Dagonet also!

We are one with the dice good sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.