msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) What exactly Explore action do? In my opinion:
First of all:
a) Keeper must reveal all cards in the room
Then
b) Investigator can attempt to resolve a puzzle if any
If he succeed or no puzzle in the room:
C) Investagator can take all cards in the room.
Is this correct?

2) Investigator must resolve a Horror check each time when monster moving or placing in his room. But investigator may resolve only one Horror check per monster in a turn, regardless of how many times this monster or investigator joins the room. Is this correct?

3) By the way, what is a turn? Its all investigators phases+all keeper phases?

4) when a monster in room with investigator this investigator can perform Attack action without Evade check. But can he choose a weapon and attack another monster at another space within a range of a weapon?

5) How to pick up the item if another investigator drop it on the ground on top of the obstacle card? Can investigator pick up it before attempt to resolve an obstacle?

6) When I place the new investigator at the starting location (for example my previous investigator dies) what if monster in a starting location? Should I immediately resolve a Horror check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
1) Not quite. Step a doesn't exist. The keeper reveals cards in the room, one at a time, from top to bottom. If one of those cards is an obstacle (perhaps with a puzzle on it), the keeper stops revealing cards there until the obstacle is dealt with -- the investigators don't get to find out what's under the puzzle until they solve it.

2) Correct. Additionally, you don't have to perform a horror check against a monster this turn if you began the turn in the same room as the monster.

3) Each investigator has a turn, then the keeper has a turn.

4) Yes. As long as it's an Attack action of some sort, you don't need to Evade any monsters.

5) Yes. The item is above the obstacle in the stack of cards in the room. When an investigator explores, the keeper reveals cards one at a time from the top of the stack. First, the keeper reveals the dropped item (which was already face-up), and gives it to the investigator. Then the keeper reveals the obstacle, which is encountered as normal. Any items under the obstacle aren't revealed until after the obstacle is dealt with.

6) Checking the relevant portions of the rules:

Page 13, 'Horror Tests' wrote:
Whenever a monster enters (or is placed in) an investigator’s
room (or vice versa), the investigator must immediately make
an attribute test called a horror test.

Page 24, 'Choosing a New Investigator' wrote:
Finally, he places his investigator’s figure on the start space; his
turn then ends.

As written, the investigator will immediately make a horror test. They walk in the front door and are immediately spooked. This fits what you'd expect, since this is the first time that investigator is seeing the monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, thanks to you answers at my rules thread, now I've got all points very clearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.