Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
In player order, Brendan was Interplanetary Cinematics, I was Tharsis Republic, while Ben was Teractor. We were playing the full corporation game. Ben kept 5 cards, and had 45 M€ to spend in the first round. He played 5 cards, of which 4 were building tags. I only played 2 cards in the first round, a 10 M€ that improved my M€ by three, and a card to boost my plant production. Brendan was setting up an engine where he could play event cards and get 5 M€ back; his starting corporation gave 2 M€ back and he played another card which gave 3 M€ for played events.

By turn 3, Ben had 7 building tag cards. So he was going to get the builder milestone easily. He was also playing a few events to get his TR up. Brendan had a card that let him play oceans for 8 M€ and he was milking that to get his TR up Brendan had played 5 lakes before playing arctic algae.

I had the highest plant production, but lost 5 plants to a virus from Brendan, and lost 3 plants to another card from Ben. Greenery tiles were hard to come by in this game.

I got down Pets, and had to use standard projects to build my cities to claim the mayor milestone. In the same turn, Ben claimed the Builder and Terraformer award. He had beat out Brendan for the Terraformer away by one TR. Brendan was focusing on getting his economic engine going, getting up to 5 o6 6 science tags, while Ben had 3 or 4 science tags.
Ben funded the Thermalist award, as he had the most heat – he had played the 35 M€ card to get 7 heat production.

As I feared, Brendan would fund the scientist award, and I had no science tags. On turn 10 Ben shut the game down before I could fund the banker award.

Scores:
Ben 75 (~38 TR),
Norbert 68 (32 TR),
Brendan 56 (37 TR).

The oceans were quickly snapped up in this game. Ben did well to get 10 pts from milestones and 7 pts from awards. He had a quick start with Teractor, getting the builder award quickly and using the other money to play event cards to get his TR up.

Ben is yellow, I am green and Brendan is red. There aren't too many cities on the board, nor are there a lot of greenery tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Norbert Chan wrote:
By turn 3, Ben had 7 earth tag cards. So he was going to get the builder milestone easily.

The builder milestone requires 8 building tags, not earth tags
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
probablemagic wrote:
Norbert Chan wrote:
By turn 3, Ben had 7 earth tag cards. So he was going to get the builder milestone easily.

The builder milestone requires 8 building tags, not earth tags

Yes, thank you. I mistakenly referred to earth tags as building tags. I'm fixing it in the article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.