Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. T.
Germany
Ahnatal
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After rushing out of the Derelict Ship our posse was sepatated. I ran as fast as i could i looked around and saw our War Chief Zorillo a few steps ahead. We took a small rest to catch our breath. We looked around to see if others of us were nearby. Zorillo spotted our Gunslinger named Roland Dechain in a ravine below us.

After we had not found any other memebers of our group, we looked for a suitable area to rest and to treat our wounds.
Fortunately, nothing happened that night. So we took our way to the nearest Town we heard of named Adlerville.
So Zorillo, Roland Dechain and I, Jesse Custer went from Phillip's Hill to Adlerville.

We reached Adlerville just before dusk and fell asleep immediately. After such a defeat we went straight to the Gambler's Hall. This time luck was on our side. We went to the hotel with a big win. Roland even won some Artifacts.

The next day we split up. I went to the Indian Trading Post to talk to the shaman. The others bought some stuff for our next adventure.

Before leaving the town i took a look at the Job Board.
A doomsday cult was about to summoning the Darkness across the entire planet. We cannot permit that. So we changed our plan to look for the other three of our posse and headed to find that cult.

We got the information that a mine is nearby in the hills. So we went southeast to search for the cult. As we reached Arzhakov's Gate we tried to find any signs of the cult.
Zorillo was sure that there is a good spot up there to check the whole area. But suddenly the ground beneath us gives way and we fell into a cavern beneath the ground.

Now what the heck was this? We don't have the time to take a closer look at this mine. We landed in the middle of a crossroad. Zorillo went east, Roland and i went west. That was not our best Idea!
In front of us some Hell Bats, a Slasher, and a Beast with three snake heads attacked us. I've never seen this kind before.
Just before Roland aimed at the Hell Bats we heard Zorillo scream "Tentacles incoming!".

Roland took out the whole bunch of Hell Bats. Zorillo was able to kill two of the tentacles and i killed the Slasher. The Dark Stone Hydra passed us by and went straight to Zorillo.
That thing hits really hard!
We managed to cut off two of the heads but one just reappeared after a while. Finally we won but where did we land here?

We decided not to split up anymore and went down south. Not two steps away, the next monsters were waiting for us.
This time a bunch of Hungry Dead and two Corpse Piles were in our way to get out of this place.
After a short salvo from Roland some of the Hungry Dead fell to the ground. Hopefully dead this time. Zorillo rushed into the rest of the Hungry Dead and i used my Powers to get rid of one of the Corpse Piles.
The reast was easy going but we had to chose the next doorway.
Things went even harder because of Encroaching Shadows (-1 HBtD roll, +2 Move)

We went though the doorway heading east and again there are even more monsters waiting for us. This is one of the wierdest places we have ever been. We already knew the Slashers but we have never seen the Pylon and those strange looking things. They were really nasty because they ran at you and fire some sort of light beam and then attack you with their kind of arms.
Zorillo meanwhile realized that he is already quite wounded. We have to heal him after the fight.
We had the feeling that we should not get KO'd here (The Great Devourer -> D8 on Madness/Injury)

Maybe the next doorway will lead us out of this mine. Suddenly there was something behind us. Evil looking hounds with many eyes stared at us and some kind of humans fused with rock and dark stones appeared.
We never had such intense fights in the mines. No time to rest, no time to scavenge.

After the fight all doorways changed into Other World Portals (The Edge of Forever). There was no way back but how should we find our way out from an Other World?
At least nothing new on the other side of the portal because an other pack of enemies is waiting for us to arrive.
This time we already knew them. Another Dark Stone Hydra and some Dark Stone Brutes are in our way to get out of this place. This time Zorillo nearly got knocked out but somehow he lost all his wounds/sanity and even got more powerful (Level 4). Jesse and I also got new powers to defeat those monsters.

Suddenly we had a stange feelind that the darkness was close to us, maybe we will not find our way out this time.
We did not find a single passage in this mine starting from the crossroads we fell into. Really a wierd place full of monsters in every corner. We weren't really surprized that the next room also had some enemies to get by. The presence of the Darkness was depressing. We took ourselves together to defeat those Void Spiders and Strangler to find our way out.
We went nearly insane during the fight (Untold Horros -> Every Hero takes 15 Horror Hits in our case).

We could not believe our eyes. Zorillo spotted the mine entrance and headed straigth to the exit. We followed him to see if there is another bunch of monsters waiting for us. I turned around and saw the Darkness right behind us. This will be our last chance!

The final roll to see if there will be any Epic Encounter in the Mine Entrance. We were on 8+ but had -1 so i had to roll for it.
The last 3 rounds were all below 9. This single roll will decide if we really got a nasty Injury (roll D8 only) or if we finally win this scenario.
It was 1:00am when three old guys were yelling out: "Yeah!!! We made it!!!".
I rolled excatly a 6+3=9. Nothing more and nothing less. This was the most intense experience with SoB so far. 6 hours of pure adrenaline rush. That's why i love this game.
Everyone got ~1100 Exp and we found a lot of gear, dark stone, and artifacts.

Now we have 6 days left to find the cult. That was the real reason why we went to the mine. It must be somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. T.
Germany
Ahnatal
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will continue our journey on 01/07/2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.