Subject: Fugitive - A logical, mathematical bluff game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Strubbel Strubbel
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first review and because I am not a native speaker, my English is not that good. so I apologize for this.

Fugitive is a two player game where one player playes a fugitive and the other on playes the marshal.

The aim of the fugitive is to get from card 0 (the first fugitive hide out) to card 42(the airplane) his first turn is to place two cards face down from his hand cards where one card is at most 3 steps away from the previous cards. After his first turn he places only one card every turn. In every turn the furgitive draws a card so he gets new possible hideouts. If he has no card that he can play(more than 3 steps away from last layer card). He can “sprint” by placing several card facedown under the target card (that is more than e steps away). For every even card he can sprint 2places for every uneven card he can sprint 1 additional palace. For example if the last card is a 7 and he places two cards as sprint cards. maybe a 5 and a 4 the next hideout can be a (7+1+2+3)=13. The marshal cannot see if it is even or uneven so the next hideout could be from 8 to 14(two even sprint cards) for the marshal. This is where the bluff starts.

The aim of the marshal is to find out every hideout card the furgitive played before the furgitive reaches the airplane(card 42) he can guess one or several cards the fugitive played by mention the numbers. The fugitive tells the marshal if all of the guessed cards are correct(if one is incorrect the fugitive just say “no”). If all cards are correct the correct cards are flipped. In every turn the marshal draws a card that gives him a clue what numbers cannot be played by the fugitive.

We played it in our holiday on several evening and this game is really fun. It is a logical mathematical bluff game.

Design:
Every card has it’s own hide out scene so the flipped card tells a little story about the getaway of the furgitive.

Pros:
the design that each card is different
The marshal has a logic mathematical game. Where the fugitive has a bluffing and maybe push your luck game.
The small box size. And the box is good quality!
Very short game time.

Cons:
at the beginning the marshal has to guess a card number but has not always a clue what number is correct. So it can be frustrating.but never the less the game is very good balanced. But sometimes you are really not lucky.

Final thoughts:
Fugitive is a good game for two persons. I would recommend it for people, who want to play a short not complicated game. The different playing mechanics of the fugitive and the marshal makes it diversified. It is also a good game for “ casual gamers” that do not want to learn to much rules.

I like this game and I am very happy to have it in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.