Popular Tags: [View All]
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To start, this map looks great! When set up, even without the resin terrain upgrade, this is definitely one of the best looking Krosmaster maps.

Unfortunately, the terrain is a little lacking. Palm trees and statues are just simple tree and bush replacements, but the rafts are the real disappointment.

The basic raft rules say that they can ONLY be entered by casting a "boarding" spell which costs one MP to cast. Thus, it is essentially just a regular movement to get on the raft, with the one twist being that you can NOT cast a boarding spell from the water. Once on a raft, you move as normal, and the raft follows you if you are on a water cell.
This part is kind of cool in that rafts act as bushes from the water cells, and it makes sense that they would be a little harder to enter from the water...I guess.

However, he boarding spell creates a lot of non-thematic rule complications. It can be used to avoid a lock roll, which is handy, but very rare to be in position to pull that off. Unfortunately, it makes little thematic sense that boarding a raft makes you immune to lock...if anything they should have made MOVING on a raft make you immune to lock rolls. Add in all the special rules about how you can't teleport onto a raft, etc, and the just feel like more trouble than they are worth (can you summon onto a raft? I think so? I'd have to check the rules...)

The included mini, however, is much better. Le Chouque is not a game breaker, but in the right deck (especially with other Piwates...backed up by my favorite Piwate backup, Dark Vlad), he can be a real beast. Getting an AP every time a teammate takes damage can give him HUGE turns, and he has some reasonably powerful attacks to use all those extra AP on. Also, he looks great, even if he is just a Buck Anear reskin.

Bottom line, get this, of course, but if you only get one extra board, I'd go for Not Mines or Frigost before this, for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.