Subject: Full Frontal Board Games: a Weekly Comic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
I'm holding out for a Euro 'til the end of the ni-ight...
badge
Misumena vatia
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:
Sidereal Confluence (pronounced "Sidereal Confluence") is game all about trading. Its pretty much a free for all where you make deals on deals to get the resources to run your own little engine. Try this official FFBG variant for Sidereal Confluence: Every time you make a trade, shout "Sidereal Confluence". If you forget and your opponents catch you then lose everything you gained in the trade. A harmless, fun rule!

Serious gamers should really shout the full name: Sidereal Confluence: Trading and Negotiation in the Elysian Quadrant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
I would buy Dominion: Literally a Punch in the Face. Even if it was a half set.
mbmbmbmb
The full name was too long and I couldn't even fit it all in the comic panel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, reminds me of Maximum Throwdown!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

Half a year of comics! And to celebrate I thought I might put down a beloved gateway game. Also to celebrate I drew eyebrows!

Also if you are going to Geekway to the West in St. Louis this May, GM me and maybe we can set up a game! If something funny happens you might make it into a comic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Pxool wrote:

Also if you are going to Geekway to the West in St. Louis this May, GM me and maybe we can set up a game! If something funny happens you might make it into a comic!

Oooo! I've always wondered what I would look like as a stick figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

[Jarl Me]: I don't feel like it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had the chance to play Blood Rage. I should remedy this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered this cartoon forum maybe about a year ago. It was pretty dead. Then Kevin Lauryssen started Game Night and that was pretty good (still anxiously waiting for him to finish his adventure so I can read it all at once). Then Mike Mayer started his comics and, personally, I found them "meh," but they got much better very quickly. Unfortunately, he hasn't posted since Oct.

Now, however, we've reached the pinnacle! I look forward to each strip although I never have to wait long. When I'm done laughing, I stare in awe at the latest incomprehensible leap in artistic ability. This latest one is a perfect example--behold the bright and inviting fields of white, the striking and evocative black, and the masterful way that each straight line intersects with another straight line to make a perfect angle. And the curving lines...OMG, the curves! wow It's...it's all so incredible. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Clevider wrote:

Now, however, we've reached the pinnacle! I look forward to each strip although I never have to wait long. When I'm done laughing, I stare in awe at the latest incomprehensible leap in artistic ability. This latest one is a perfect example--behold the bright and inviting fields of white, the striking and evocative black, and the masterful way that each straight line intersects with another straight line to make a perfect angle. And the curving lines...OMG, the curves! wow It's...it's all so incredible. cry

Don't forget the font! It's subtle, but effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:

This latest one is a perfect example--behold the bright and inviting fields of white, the striking and evocative black, and the masterful way that each straight line intersects with another straight line to make a perfect angle. And the curving lines...OMG, the curves! wow It's...it's all so incredible. cry

Thanks! But I have to admit that the app I am using to make these comics now is really helping me with straight lines and incredible curves.

Stewi wrote:

Does my own hand writing count as a font?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:
Stewi wrote:

Does my own hand writing count as a font?

Looking it over, I don't see any serifs...you can call it Comic Sans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

At the last auction, I sold 5 or 6 games and purchased about twice that many. And many of those are still unplayed... However I did get to pick up a copy of Twilight Imperium 3rd edition cheap and try it out. I ended up liking it so much that I bought the 4th edition!

Next weeks comic will be a day late, so please don't panic when that happens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I sold 40 games at the local store’s last used game sale in August. I just managed to get through the store credit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
Just wanted to point out that the tone of the last panel changes completely if you look at the glasses and see angry eyebrows instead. It's amazing how emotive stick figures can be, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb
I guess since I showed that my stick figures do have eyebrows I have to be more careful with showing their emotions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

After months of waiting it's finally here! Geekway to the West starts tomorrow and I am excited for 4 straight days of gaming! Also if some of the lines of the poem seems strange then it probably came from the original poem. On a related note I am going to start saying "Faster than eagles" way more often.
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Love these, but this one was too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Murdock
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:

I loved it;not too long for me. I am also a weirdo who reads every sign I can with glee when traveling anywhere though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
Nice.

But I think you should make the lines separating the panels a bit thicker than the ones between pictures and captions, especially when you have more than one row of panels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterful depiction of Mouse...Trap. thumbsup If it were up to me, I would nominate David to do the next presidential portrait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:

I had originally planned to do a line by line interpretation of the original poem. But I then I realized that was 54 lines... So I stopped at 18.

Laissez K wrote:
Nice.

But I think you should make the lines separating the panels a bit thicker than the ones between pictures and captions, especially when you have more than one row of panels.

Can do. I have been trying to standardize certain parts of my comic.

Clevider wrote:
Masterful depiction of Mouse...Trap. thumbsup If it were up to me, I would nominate David to do the next presidential portrait!

I would be honored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

I'm constantly thinking of board games. That's just my mindset. Sometimes I forget that there are things other than board games and that can get me into trouble.

I had an absolute blast at Geekway! I played a little over 30 games over the 4 days of the convention. I even got to meet up with a couple of you, and I had a great time playing and teaching games. Now that Geekway is over I have time to sit down and evaluate the games played and find the funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I like this one! Good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:

I'm constantly thinking of board games. That's just my mindset. Sometimes I forget that there are things other than board games and that can get me into trouble.

I can't tell you the number of times that this has gotten me in trouble. I had to put myself on a self imposed hiatus from everything gaming to get my mindset back to where it needed to be. I went as far as deleting my BGG account and didn't play games or look at BGG for about a year straight. It was tough at first, but got better as I went, and my wife and I had many less arguments. I did get back on BGG, but I only check it sparingly, and I don't let it or the games rule my thoughts anymore. My new son tends to rule my thoughts now. Much easier to put away the old things, when there's something new and precious to consume your time. He will be taught to love games, but I have to set a good example to show him that there is a time and a place for it. Thanks for this one, because it's a good thought provoking comic. Nice to see and well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

Turns are so quick that I like to think that you immediately turn around and make another trade. Someone has to notice they are getting ripped off! Century: Spice Road was one of my favorite games from the convention!

Chris, do you recognize you? You are the one on the left!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.