Subject: Full Frontal Board Games: a Weekly Comic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
I would buy Dominion: Literally a Punch in the Face. Even if it was a half set.
mbmbmbmb
The Exact Opposite of Getting Back on Schedule

So last week I mentioned I had hoped that I would be back on schedule and this has not happened. Another Tuesday come and gone without a comic. I guess I planned too many things this summer, and because of this I have felt rushed getting out the last few comics. And feeling rushed wasn't fun. Comics about board games should be fun so I have decided to take a month long hiatus from drawing comics this July. This will give me time to enjoy all of the summer activities I have planned as well as think up the funniest comics of all time. Thank you all for reading up until now and come back in August for more chuckles!

-David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll miss seeing the comics for a little while, but I certainly understand needing a break. Enjoy the time off, rejuvenate, and come back better than ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently found your thread and have been loving your comics. Please take the rest you need so you don't burn out (and so I can selfishly enjoy more of your humor!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

I'm guilty of being a little whiny in games, especially when I feel like I'm being kicked while I'm down. However, some of my friends have whined their way to victory. If they aren't going to be a sore loser, I will make sure they are a sore winner.

What? A new comic? But I had already given up hope! Well fear not I am back to making comics. At least for the next couple of weeks before I take another break. I have only been home for 1 of the last 7 weekends (where I usually draw my comics) so these are coming much later than I had hoped. Oh well. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. And why another break so soon? I will be hiking the Grand Canyon so I will be away form my computer for a little while... But look forward to a comic based on what games I tried to lug rim to rim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back! This made a pretty rotten morning a lot better. I have played with people who can whine and manipulate the other players too, so I can totally relate to this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

It seems like many games are getting their very own children's version. Soon you too can teach your child their very own version of your hours long epic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I can only imagine chibbi versions of some of their more disturbing sculpts....

Just google Kingdom Death Wet Nurse...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
juggler42 wrote:

I can only imagine chibbi versions of some of their more disturbing sculpts....

Just google Kingdom Death Wet Nurse...

You mean like those?

From a search engine powered by duckduckgo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I some times wonder what it says about humanity that literally everything exists on the internet lol ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

In Mysterium, players receive visions from a ghost in the form of cards. These cards have extremely surrealistic images on them. If I was being haunted by these images I would be more confused than scared.

Another Comic? I was sure you were dead! Man has this been a busy summer/ early fall for me. So busy I am considering putting quotes around "Weekly" to really convey my release schedule. But I am back to making comics and will hopefully get one out a week until the end of the year. After that, who knows! I have already made more comics than I thought humanly possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love these comics, David! I'm grateful for whatever release schedule you are up for; thanks for putting these out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I honestly did think you were dead. I thought my subscription notification was going to be your wife posting to tell us that was the case. Please don’t give us these types of scares in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
w00t! This just made my day. I love getting these whenever you can put one out to us! This one is now, also, one of my favorites! Great job, good sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the wait has deffinitely paid off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

I don't have a fancy gaming table at my apartment. Our dining room table works perfectly well for my wife and I. But if we ever have friends over every game becomes an area control game. Some of my biggest offenders are Near and Far, Scythe, and Anachrony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:

I don't have a fancy gaming table at my apartment. Our dining room table works perfectly well for my wife and I. But if we ever have friends over every game becomes an area control game. Some of my biggest offenders are Near and Far, Scythe, and Anachrony.

I ran into this problem when I tried to set up Talisman with some of the corner board expansions. I completely underestimated the size of the behemoth, and we ended up having to nix the corners because I didn't have a table that could physically hold it. One of the sadder moments that I have had with my favorite game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
When moving to our current house my wife insisted that we needed a long rectangular table rather than our old circle (with leaf-ability) table because it would “fit better.” I resisted for about 5 minutes before giving in. Good thing too, now we never have issues like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:
When moving to our current house my wife insisted that we needed a long rectangular table rather than our old circle (with leaf-ability) table because it would “fit better.” I resisted for about 5 minutes before giving in. Good thing too, now we never have issues like this.
We have a nice sized rectangular table, but still tend to have little end tables surrounding us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a piece of furniture that is a desk but has 6 leaves. It can turn into a roughly 9 foot long table.
Very similar to this one I found an image of online.
It is expandable to suit any size board game I have ever needed
And it was like $200 from an yard sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found a 6-10ft dining table for $60 at a local thrift store....i've not found anything i can't put on it yet. And my wife is happy with it too...so win/win for everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

One year of comics! Can you believe it? Well you might not based on the start of this thread, but I started the comics on my blog on Halloween! A year ago I had about 9 ideas for some comics and thought some people might want to have a chuckle. Well 52 weeks later and this is my 40th comic! Thank you for stopping by and having a laugh with me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Happy Anniversary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
This is one of the better ones!

Keep it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Isn't Monopoly, if played correctly, shorter than both FoD and MoM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.