Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:
Isn't Monopoly, if played correctly, shorter than both of FoD and MoM?

Think of it as a 'jump scare'. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know that it is the duration of the torture that is the issue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:

[Me]: I started a board game club. So when do I start?

I saw a post about someone putting their Dungeon Master experience on a resume. It got me thinking about all of my board game history and it was pretty easy to write up my own resume!

Also if you are going to Geekway to the West in St. Louis this May, GM me and maybe we can set up a game! If something funny happens you might make it into a comic!

This is the one that broke me... Omg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
I would buy Dominion: Literally a Punch in the Face. Even if it was a half set.
mbmbmbmb
Previously on Full Frontal Board Games...

And now:

It's that time of year again! The leaves are changing to vibrant colors, the air is starting to have a crisp chill, and another Dominion expansion is being released. Dominion was my introduction into the hobby and I look forward to each expansion. Even if it is a Boot to the Head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
I'm holding out for a Euro 'til the end of the ni-ight...
badge
Misumena vatia
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:
Even if it is a Boot to the Head.

I'm having a flashback to all of the Frantics 4 on the Floor episodes I used to watch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

Another addition to the board game dictionary! Also I got an instagram account. So if you want to see my comics more often as well as a few more photos of behind the scenes and board games you can follow me at full_frontal_board_games. Be warned it is pretty sparse right now. I don't have time to post too much, much less get my comics out on time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...my game store IS hiring....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

This comic is based on a real conversation my family had. My mom picked out several options for a bed and breakfast for our family to stay at and my siblings only cared about having a table big enough for our games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember when we had nonstop gaming on holidays. My son was born last year and we haven't played a game since. He's totally worth it, lol, it does sadden me a little bit, though, to know that we've lost that bit of family activity. I'm sure it will be back, at some point, but not for the forseeable future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Actually when we travel, especially if staying in an AirBNB, I make sure there’s a good size table to play games. We don’t need something for a big game like Agricola or Concordia, but has to hold Lost Cities, San Juan or Sun Tzu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wyatt
United States
Stewartstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is often my first thought when I go somewhere. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten the eye roll from my wife for comments similar to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Soup
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I had something to say...what was it?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FluidSpace wrote:
This is often my first thought when I go somewhere. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten the eye roll from my wife for comments similar to this.

My wife has come to terms with it, as have friends that we travel with. I actually got berated leading up to a trip a few months ago because I decided I wasn't going to bring games (we hardly ever actually play them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Msoups999 wrote:
FluidSpace wrote:

My wife has come to terms with it, as have friends that we travel with. I actually got berated leading up to a trip a few months ago because I decided I wasn't going to bring games (we hardly ever actually play them).

Wilson's law of traveling with games; The amount of people that want to play games is inversely proportional to the number of games you brought with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:
Msoups999 wrote:
FluidSpace wrote:

Wilson's law of traveling with games; The amount of people that want to play games is inversely proportional to the number of games you brought with you.

Every time. The first vacation i went on after i discovered the hobby i brought 8 Ticket to ride size box games. Didn't play a single one. That number tapered off and the last time we went i didn't bring anything and people complained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:

I'm fairly certain this has been scientifically proven. By me. Every time I visit family. Mine or my wife's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

When I first heard that Kingdomino played like dominoes, I realized I had never played a real game of dominoes. Comino means Comic - Dominos! Like Kingdomino! Pretty clever, right? Unless you speak Spanish where comino means cumin and then it's just confusing. Also a hand-drawn comic! What a throwback! But my wife is out of town this week and she took the tablet with her so I had to go back to the drawing board on how to make a comic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

It's only been a week and I have already broken my New Year's Resolution. I still have games on my shelf of shame and I have played every game I got for Christmas at least once...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why you keep unplayed games on the shelf in the shrink. It is harder to hear their cries of shame when they are suffocated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
juggler42 wrote:
This is why you keep unplayed games on the shelf in the shrink. It is harder to hear their cries of shame when they are suffocated

And you can sell them for a little more when you finally come to terms with the fact that you're never actually going to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sometimes a lot more if it's been long enough. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife says I have too many games, so I barely get games for Christmas or anything anymore, sadly. That being said, I have a nice little shelf of shame that needs to be worked through, if life will ever allow me to have more than a single game day per year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

The worst insert I ever received with a board game was for The Castles of Burgundy. It had about 9 sections for sorting pieces, but came with pieces that needed 20 different spaces. Probably the insert I ditched the quickest.

It's that time of year again! Geekway to the West Tickets are on sale and now only 4 more months of waiting until the actual convention. If you are also attending the convention, send me a GM and I would love to play a game with you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This could also work with all of the Talisman characters in a single bag, which is the hell that I walk through whenever we play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card Selves are just very small baggies so I am covered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...are we bagging our cards or sleeving our components? ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.