Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear the cubes in Terraforming Mars can chip easy, maybe we should sleve those...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
I would buy Dominion: Literally a Punch in the Face. Even if it was a half set.
mbmbmbmb

I never cut players off in Ticket to Ride. I couldn't bear the wait of delaying that many imaginary people.

Three comics in three weeks! I am back on track!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
Actually . . .
Ticket to Ride rulebook wrote:
On a blustery autumn evening five old friends met in the backroom of one of the city’s oldest and most private clubs. Each had traveled a long distance — from all corners of the world — to meet on this very specific day… October 2, 1900 — 28 years to the
day that the London eccentric, Phileas Fogg accepted and then won a £20,000 bet that he could travel Around the World in 80 Days.

When the story of Fogg’s triumphant journey filled all the newspapers of the day, the five attended University together. Inspired by
his impetuous gamble, and a few pints from the local pub, the group commemorated his circumnavigation with a more modest excursion
and wager – a bottle of good claret to the first to make it to Le Procope in Paris.

Each succeeding year, they met to celebrate the anniversary and pay tribute to Fogg. And each year a new expedition (always more
difficult) with a new wager (always more expensive) was proposed. Now at the dawn of the century it was time for a new impossible
journey. The stakes: $1 Million in a winner-takes-all competition. The objective: to see which of them could travel by rail to the
most cities in North America — in just 7 days. The journey would begin immediately...

Ticket to Ride
is a cross-country train adventure. Players compete to connect different cities by laying claim to railway routes on a
map of North America.

But I love your take on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what do you do when someone cuts you off on your alternate route? That would be my father in law. He took great delight in screwing up my plans, at every turn, the last time we all played. No one else, just me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
Halborn wrote:
And what do you do when someone cuts you off on your alternate route? That would be my father in law. He took great delight in screwing up my plans, at every turn, the last time we all played. No one else, just me...
Can you take a hint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lassimer wrote:
Halborn wrote:
Can you take a hint?

Several something oblong you mean?
I wonder if scissors are the next step. Or maybe an axe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Serves them right for purchasing tickets on a rail road that hasn't built the last leg yet

Love the comic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb
Root of the Problem

Don't underestimate the cuteness of the player pieces in Root; they are all warriors at heart!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about trying Root but I think I heard that it's pretty heavy, or am I confusing it with something else? I'm not normally a super heavy gamer, I prefer mid-weight normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halborn wrote:
I've thought about trying Root but I think I heard that it's pretty heavy, or am I confusing it with something else? I'm not normally a super heavy gamer, I prefer mid-weight normally.

I don't think it is super heavy but every faction plays differently so there is a lot to take in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb
loofish wrote:
Halborn wrote:

I don't think it is super heavy but every faction plays differently so there is a lot to take in.

I'm glad someone else replied because you have uncovered my dark secret... I haven't played every game I make a comic about...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:
loofish wrote:
Halborn wrote:

I'm glad someone else replied because you have uncovered my dark secret... I haven't played every game I make a comic about...

WHAAAAAAAAT???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Root enthusiast here; It isn't a heavy game but it does have a ton of rules exceptions. Each faction plays differently and has it's own subset of rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:
Root enthusiast here; It isn't a heavy game but it does have a ton of rules exceptions. Each faction plays differently and has it's own subset of rules.

This is true, but it has a great walkthrough of the first two turns that you can just do and then continue playing from there. It has done a good job of getting things going quickly so that you can just answer questions after that.

This also said, the little meeples are cute, and I will totally cut you if you invade my clearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

Game titles often raise a lot of questions for me.

February really got away from me! Here's a comic that I story boarded weeks ago before I got incredibly busy. Also this is the last month to buy tickets to Geekway to the West in St. Louis. GM me if you would like to set up a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb

Wingspan has taught me that I would excel at falconry.

Fifty comics about board games! I can't believe it! Thank you for joining me and having a laugh; and here's to more in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
“Even just farmers.” How dare you!

#farmingisfun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
M-birds! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:

Yeah... That was the line I was least happy with. Sounds like I'm really trying to dig into farm themed games, but I just needed a mundane comparison. Haven't farm themed games been through enough?

#farmingisfun

Laissez K wrote:
M-birds! laugh

I am an art master!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pxool wrote:
SuperGLS wrote:

Yeah... That was the line I was least happy with. Sounds like I'm really trying to dig into farm themed games, but I just needed a mundane comparison. Haven't farm themed games been through enough?

#farmingisfun

The farmers in Carcassonne seem to enjoy it. They just laze around in the field all day while all the other meeples do the work... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been so long since i used farmers in Carc i forgot farming was even an option. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeVoss
United States
flag msg tools
Full Frontal Board Games
badge
mbmbmbmb
Houses and Humans

I have reached the point in my life where it is time for me to start looking into buying a house. Unfortunately, my only experience with this comes from The Game of Life. Can anyone tell me where I can get that giant farm house with 50 acres for $160,000 as advertised in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wyatt
United States
Stewartstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alaska?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
Pxool wrote:
I have reached the point in my life where it is time for me to start looking into buying a house. Unfortunately, my only experience with this comes from The Game of Life. Can anyone tell me where I can get that giant farm house with 50 acres for $160,000 as advertised in the game?

First, you need to stop on a giant red space with a stop sign. Then you have to draw two House Deeds randomly from the deck. If - and only if - one of them is the house you desire, you may purchase it.

I'm still trying to find that red space, myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 50 acres may be a bit much, but $160,000 is definitely doable for a very nice sized house, along with a good chunk of land, where we live in North Alabama!

Oddly enough, I have never played The Game of Life. I have always seen it, but for some reason never owned it when I was a kid. As I got older, and got into games again, it just seemed old. I'm sure my wife will want to play it with our son when he is old enough. My brother in law loves a game called Cashflow 101. I get stressed out with it because I feel it's too much like real life, and I just don't enjoy it at all. I have in my head that Life is just a lighter version of this, though, I'm sure that's not the case, but I just haven't been able to get excited for this old classic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.