Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Initiative/Rally phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
Rule 7.2.4 states: Clans which can be activated: all Clan in Movement or Regroup which have at least one of their unit in EZOC ...... can be activated during this phase.

My question is: to understand if a Clan can be activated do I have to look the situation at the start of the initiative phase or can I activate a clan in Movement or Regroup that has a unit in EZOC as a consequence of another Clan activation?.

Let me clarify with an example: At the start of the of the initiative phase Clan A is in Regroup and has an unit in EZOC, Clan B is in Regroup but it hasn't a unit in EZOC so it cannot be activated (not considering the fact that I can choose another clan to activate for sake of simplicity). Let's suppose Clan A is activated. Clan A perform a withdrawal with one of its unit and an enemy unit, while pursuing it, goes in contact with a unit of Clan B so that this one becomes eligible of activation.
My question is: Can I activate Clan B (that has become eligible of activation) even if at the start of the Initiative phase wasn't eligible?
Thanks

Raimondo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question on Initiative phase
It is OK to activate by initiative a Clan that becomes eligible during the initiative phase itself (as long as you did not forego the phase by passing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Question on Initiative phase/Rally Phase
Hi,
Is this also applicable to Rally phase with the same/different Clans in Regroup?

Example: Clan A is in Regroup and all of its unit (let's call it A1 and A2) are within 3 hexes from the enemy. After A1 withdrawal an enemy unit makes the pursue and stops. Then A2 also makes the withdrawal. Another enemy unit pursues and goes in contact with A1 again.
1) Does Clan A (the same clan that withdrawn) need to withdraw again?
2) If another clan in Regroup found itself within 3 hexes after an enemy pursuit (during the Rally phase itself), would it perform withdrawal ?

thanks

Raimondo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No. One activation per phase per Clan.
2) Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.