Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Nolte
United States
La Habra Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I appreciate the publishers have already said they would not continue the Golem version of the games.

But it is my hope that that position will be reconsidered when there is an abundance of support for the idea. I certainly would buy it.

So... join me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I like the spicey version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all about the golems, man. Spice is nice, but I'd rather play with the big guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another vote for Golems.
I understand that the issue is retailers are not purchasing the Golem edition as they are satisfied with the "Spice" edition.
Too bad. soblue

Didn't buy "Spice" as my "trading in the mediterranean" thematic cup runneth over and the art, though nice, didn't really grab me
Just came across The Dice Tower's review of "Golem" and purchased it directly from Plan B games. Love the art and the whimsy. Prefer the crystals to the wooden bits in "spice".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Python Zzzabiss
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 For Golems or a matching theme. I don't fell like mixing golems with traders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
This "Golem Edition" is like a bad break-up, it's time to move on to a new love. In fact, contact the artist and see if they'll commission a new game with similar art. That art can be applied to any game, perhaps find a budding new game designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
This "Golem Edition" is like a bad break-up, it's time to move on to a new love. In fact, contact the artist and see if they'll commission a new game with similar art. That art can be applied to any game, perhaps find a budding new game designer.
No it's not a bad break up - it's a business decision made by Plan B due to distributors that feel that a "fantasy theme" wouldn't sell as much as a "trading on the spice road" theme

right now, for everyone that comes for golem, I would ask you at least peek over at this thread.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1889443/spilled-news-go...

Which means the possibility of golem going full production is still there. The question becomes will it still be a game people will want to explore after the spice road trilogy is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuela Platypus
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love another Golem Editon, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nolte
United States
La Habra Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Plan B decided to make the Golem edition of Spice Road available to retailers. So... there's at least enough demand for that. I therefor will cling to hope for a Golem edition of Eastern Wonders. *fingers crossed*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Song
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Golem edition please.

I will only ever buy and recommend others to buy Golem editions. So won't bother with this until there is a Golem version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Song
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:
No it's not a bad break up - it's a business decision made by Plan B due to distributors that feel that a "fantasy theme" wouldn't sell as much as a "trading on the spice road" theme

right now, for everyone that comes for golem, I would ask you at least peek over at this thread.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1889443/spilled-news-go...

Which means the possibility of golem going full production is still there. The question becomes will it still be a game people will want to explore after the spice road trilogy is over.

Agreed, Golem up. We need to fight for our right for Golem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A week ago I would've said folks crying out for the Golem edition were being too picky. But yesterday I found Golem edition at my local game store, bought it and played it the same night. HOLY COW. It is beautiful. The art of the golem cards is among the best I've ever seen in a game, period. It takes a game with little theme and adds whimsy through the roof. It will be a darn shame and a disservice to the hobby if Golem is totally replaced by spice. And I happen to like trading in the Mediterranean...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Banson
United States
Southeast
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As unlikely as it might be, I'd love to see a Golem version of this. The spice trading theme is dull as ditchwater, and it's got art to match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remora824 wrote:
I appreciate the publishers have already said they would not continue the Golem version of the games.

But it is my hope that that position will be reconsidered when there is an abundance of support for the idea. I certainly would buy it.

So... join me!

I would buy it as well, but have no interest in the spice version.

I realize they've said it wouldn't happen, but they also said the golem edition wouldn't happen period.

Then they said it'd never go to retail.

If the demand is there, they seem to change their minds (thankfully).

Let's hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Werth
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gooolem!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Foong Kuek
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Golem edition please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how this has become some fervent, ridiculous coke v Pepsi debate. And also how many people in board game media are unable to properly pronounce ‘golem.’
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rutherford
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Novus Ordo Seclorum
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for the golem edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
Belgium
Brugge
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Golem up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought golem edition over the weekend, adding my voice to a golem-themed version of eastern wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win So
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would also love a Golem edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Tyers
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely +1 for a Golem edition (or another Golem themed standalone expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised there hasn't been a Cthulhu edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Traver
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Golem golem golem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I bought the spice edition is because they said a golem edition of this and the next one wouldn’t happen. If they do in fact decide to golem-ify all of them, i’m gonna have to figure out what to do with my spice edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |