Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the manual, when you take an action on a building where the Merchant is present, the active player rolls the die and moves the Merchant a number of built building spaces equal to the die roll. The manual then states:

"Place 1 Rupee from the supply onto each built Building the Merchant passes through."

Is "passes through" in this case intended to mean that the Merchant both enters and exits a building space? Or is it simply any space that the Merchant reaches?

To put it another way:

Let's say I roll a 1. The Merchant moves to the next building in the column. Does a coin get placed on the space the Merchant just left (since he completed his pass through it), onto the space he just arrived (since he is in the process of passing through it), or none at all (since he did not completely pass through any building spots on a single roll)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
BE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only where the Merchant fully passes through, since on the space he stays, you can get 2 favour if you place a worker.
So in your example no rupees would be placed.

Enjoy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I'd thought. Thank you for the clarification, Mike! I did a couple of learning playthroughs this weekend, and I think I have a good enough grasp on this game to teach it to my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.