GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,655 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
86 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2018 Edition - Discussion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Canadian trade of 2018.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2018 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2018 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Saturday Jan 13th 1:00 PM EST to Sunday Jan 21st 10:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Sunday Jan 21st 10:00 AM EST to Tuesday Jan 23rd 11:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

8. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

9. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

10. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, Jan 21st, 2018, 10:00 AM EST
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, Jan 23rd, 2018, 11:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks again for getting the trade up and running, Ox!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah thanks again.

May i offer this suggestion to all of those who participate?? Im not meaning this to be rude, but last trade there were a couple.of incidents where people had "complained" that items appearing in the listing were not accurately described (ie. Condition of box and contents, edition of the game, etc.)

I see one or two people have put stuff up for trade and have taken some pretty detailed pics which is awesome! Can we all please try to be more accurate, and maybe even err on the side of caution sonas to avoid potential issues and keep people from getting upset?

I think this would make rhings run a lot smoother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Yeah thanks again.

May i offer this suggestion to all of those who participate?? Im not meaning this to be rude, but last trade there were a couple.of incidents where people had "complained" that items appearing in the listing were not accurately described (ie. Condition of box and contents, edition of the game, etc.)

I see one or two people have put stuff up for trade and have taken some pretty detailed pics which is awesome! Can we all please try to be more accurate, and maybe even err on the side of caution sonas to avoid potential issues and keep people from getting upset?

I think this would make rhings run a lot smoother.

Agreed. I always suggest using the condition descriptions on the Geek Market:

Marketplace Condition Policy:

New - A brand new unused, unopened, and undamaged item in perfect condition. The original packaging and all materials are in brand new condition.

Like New - Item just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets are intact.

Very Good - Very minimal wear and tear. All materials are present. You would give this item to a friend as a gift.

Good - Minor damage to the box and/or its contents. All materials are present. Item may have been used once or twice.

Acceptable - Some damage to the box, but the item is still intact. Possible split corner(s) on the box. Maybe missing a non-crucial piece. Possibly missing rules/instructions, but are readily available on the web. Scuffing on the item.

Unacceptable - Major damage to box and its parts. Possibly missing several important pieces. Broken or missing board/box. No rules/instructions, and they are not readily avaiable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Ox, my 2 cents, retire OLWLG and replace with abecorn soon. It just mops the floor with it. Takes 2 seconds to submit wants, select full rows, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
Hey Ox, my 2 cents, retire OLWLG and replace with abecorn soon. It just mops the floor with it. Takes 2 seconds to submit wants, select full rows, etc.

I have zero interest in arguing about this, so I'll just say that I would strongly prefer not to use Abecorn, and am deeply unlikely to participate in trades that use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:

I'm with you, but that's never going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:

I'd rather this trade continue on OLWLG - but honestly I just want this trade to continue, period, so I'm for whatever works best for the person running it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
Luds wrote:

I have zero interest in arguing about this, so I'll just say that I would strongly prefer not to use Abecorn, and am deeply unlikely to participate in trades that use it.

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Neepawa
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the OLWLG down? When I try to access it, I get a HUGE error screen. I've tried from different internets too and different systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ellis
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
icurnvss wrote:
Is the OLWLG down? When I try to access it, I get a HUGE error screen. I've tried from different internets too and different systems.

I have trouble with OLWLG and BGG all day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Tank
Canada
Milton
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
icurnvss wrote:

Probably, I am getting ...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Neepawa
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, good to know it's not just me.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kazmaier
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this, Ox. Whether it's OLWG or Abecon, I'm glad we're able to trade games in 2018!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chang
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
flag msg tools
mbmb
KDTANK wrote:
icurnvss wrote:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

I could be wrong, but from what I've read it's an issue with BGG. Certain information from OLWLG is reliant on BGG, so when it's acting up it causes problems for OLWLG.

This is probably a gross oversimplification on my part though, and there's probably more to it than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Changer628 wrote:
KDTANK wrote:
icurnvss wrote:

Internal Server Error

I could be wrong, but from what I've read it's an issue with BGG. Certain information from OLWLG is reliant on BGG, so when it's acting up it causes problems for OLWLG.

This is probably a gross oversimplification on my part though, and there's probably more to it than that.

The problem's with BGG as per the following announcement on the OLWLG homepage:

"BoardGameGeek is having problems... that's going affect anything the OLWLG needs to access BGG for... that is syncing collection data, syncing geeklist, anything that sends a geekmail (requesting login link, and submitting want lists)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG has disabled XML API calls which is preventing me from updating the trade list in OLWLG. If this goes on for more than a day or two we might need to extend dates for this trade accordingly.

See the following thread for more details:

XMLAPI outages planned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew! I worried that all my picks had disappeared!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daredave Daredave
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little question: If there are 2 copies of the game I would like to get, one of them having sweeteners, in my wantlist is it possible to indicate that I would accept only the one with the sweeteners (because in the case I'm thinking of, there is a huge difference of value).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daredave wrote:
Just a little question: If there are 2 copies of the game I would like to get, one of them having sweeteners, in my wantlist is it possible to indicate that I would accept only the one with the sweeteners (because in the case I'm thinking of, there is a huge difference of value).

If you would accept either, but prefer the one with sweeteners, there's no way to indicate that as far as I know.

But in your case, add only the item with sweeteners to your want list and you will be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daredave Daredave
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vangamer1578 wrote:
daredave wrote:

If you would accept either, but prefer the one with sweeteners, there's no way to indicate that as far as I know.

But in your case, add only the item with sweeteners to your want list and you will be fine.

Ah ok thank you. It’s my first Math trade, and I tought that when you added a game to your wantlist, then all other similar games could be selected in a possible exchange for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Legare
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I post a game and add a gift card as a sweetener? I don't think I ever saw someone doing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ced356 wrote:
Can I post a game and add a gift card as a sweetener? I don't think I ever saw someone doing that.

Yes, that's totally fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fra P.
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the only problem would be detecting arbitrage issues?

Cannibal Ox wrote:
ced356 wrote:

Yes, that's totally fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.