7 Posts

Tenkatoitsu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doubt about combat modifiers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Carlos Gonzalez
msg tools
mb

A doubt, or rather a confirmation. In this attack, the L Clan changed its order to Attack. L23 and L13 units are in Ransen, and L12 in Shingeki by charging from the top right hex. The units they attack will be H22, I03 and D22. The H22 is in Hangeki because it's under attack and takes an assault from L12. The I03 in Yari Fusuma because it is moving and receives an assault from L12. And the D22 in Ransen because it's under attack and doesn't take any assault. The modifiers will be:
Unit: Blue dices: Red dices
L23: 0: +5 elan+mass
L13: 0: +4 elan+mass
L12: +1 elan: +2 mass
D22: 0: -4 elan and mass
I03: -2 Firepower: -3 elan and mass
H22: -2 elan -1 leader: -2 mass
There are no terrain modifiers nor by order of attackers or defenders.
The total modifiers are:
Blue dice: 0+0+1+0-2-3= -4
Red dice: 5+4+2-4-3-2= +2
Roll: Blue=6: Red=7
Total: Blue: 6-4=2: Red: 7+2=9
Result: No damage to any clan.
Well, I hope you have followed him and if you see something strange or badly done, let me know.
There is a modifier in the table of combat modifiers that I don't quite understand, which says "+ smallest modifier for the defender's State" and "- highest modifier for the attacker's State", indicating "0-3 see States Table" that doesn't refer to the combat type tables for the attacker and defender or other, and I don't know if it's the modifiers that I already include or miss something,
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Gonzalez
msg tools
mb
Hello again. A friend has already indicated to me that the units' states table is on the aids sheet with the reference to rule 4.3. As in this case all units were in good order there are no changes in the combat modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The resolution is depending on the activation that is going on. Here I guess that the L Clan chit is activated (or the Ikeda Combat chit). That is what is assumed in the following.

In your situation, you will have to resolve several combats. Not just one. A combat should have one unit as an attacker (possibly attacking several defender adjacent to him) or one unit as a defender (possibly attacked by several attackers, but look at 11.4).

The attacker can choose how to make his attacks. Because of the rules 11.1-3 there are three possibilities:

1) L23 -> D22 ; L13 -> H22 and L12 -> I03 (3 combats to resolve)
or
2) L13 -> D22 ; L23 -> H22 and L12 -> I03 (3 combats to resolve)
or
3)L13 & L23 -> D22 and L12 -> H22 and I03 (2 combats to resolve)

Once the attacker has made his choice, each combat will be defined as Ransen if the attacker didn't move during this activation or a Shingeki if the attacker moved.

Here, I assume only L12 moved. So the combat with L12 are Shingeki against Hangeki and/or Yari Fusuma according to the order of the defender clans.
The combat implying L13 and L23 are ransen.

Then, I think you have the modifiers right, but you have to roll several blue/red pairs.

Tell me if anything is still doubtful.

François

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Gonzalez
msg tools
mb
Hello, in this case, the chit drawn was of initiative, and clan L was in regroup and with two units (L23 and L13) in the EZoC of D22 and H22, so it can be activated. The order is successfully changed to attack, so the L12 unit charges and places itself in the hex shown in the picture.
My confusion has been that being three units of the same clan I thought they had to attack all the enemies together in their ZoCs, but obviously L12 can't attack D22 or L23 to I03 because they're not in their ZoCs.
What I don't know is if the combats are carried out one after the other in the order the attacker chooses, and that the result of one may influence the modifiers of the next, resolving the possible escape or advance earlier, or on the contrary they are resolved all at once with the initial conditions and modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as I know the combats are carried out one after the other in the order the attacker chooses. The result of a previous combat cannot influence at all the modifiers for the next one (if a unit has been used for one attack, it cannot be used again nor provide support for the next one). The only thing it can do is that it may influence the path of later defending withdrawing units. In other words first you choose a battle then execute that attack and apply effects immediately and then you execute the second attack and resolve effects afterwards and so on...
So be careful when choosing the order of the battles.

Raimondo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan, you are right, I forgot that possibility : initiative activation !

Raimondo has it right about the order of resolution.

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Gonzalez
msg tools
mb
Thank you very much Raimondo & Francois, the truth I haven't found in the rules anything concrete about multiple combats like this but that's the most logical way to solve them. There is only one reference in example 11.1 which indicates that it will be two attacks but not how they are performed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.