7 Posts

BattleLore» Forums » General

Subject: Lack of variety rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AC
United States
flag msg tools
Anyone ever replace the board and figures with 28mm to get variety into the game? I hate that its so hard to get alternate armies into the game. My boy and i would really like a hobby game like BL but options seem limited in terms of homemade content because of the lack of appropriate models. And tabletop wargames are not a viable alternative for me...the mechanics for most of those games really puts me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Officer
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Parent of a Boy and a GirlMicrobadge: Dawn: Rise of the Occulites fanMicrobadge: League of Extraordinary Heroscapers - 5th AnniversaryMicrobadge: BattleLore fanMicrobadge: Constantly thinking about game design
We used Splintered Light Miniatures woodland Warrior figures in 18/20mm as they fit beautifully with the existing figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
Our secrecy is our survival. Our survival is our strength.
badge
This is the way
Microbadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: C. H. SpurgeonMicrobadge: Audiobooks fanMicrobadge: Blitzkrieg!Microbadge: I talk trash during games
Do you happen to have any images showing the scale comparison?
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
We used Splintered Light Miniatures woodland Warrior figures in 18/20mm as they fit beautifully with the existing figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Officer
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Parent of a Boy and a GirlMicrobadge: Dawn: Rise of the Occulites fanMicrobadge: League of Extraordinary Heroscapers - 5th AnniversaryMicrobadge: BattleLore fanMicrobadge: Constantly thinking about game design
Not really sorry, but I do have images of them separately.

From gallery of Boromir_and_Kermit

From gallery of Boromir_and_Kermit

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
Our secrecy is our survival. Our survival is our strength.
badge
This is the way
Microbadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fanMicrobadge: C. H. SpurgeonMicrobadge: Audiobooks fanMicrobadge: Blitzkrieg!Microbadge: I talk trash during games
Thanks, Ben. Are they 4" hexes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Collector's EditionMicrobadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Commands & Colors Tricorne fanMicrobadge: Yaquinto fanMicrobadge: The Fantasy Trip RPG fan
I've used 4" staggered squares with 15mm figures with one base or 2-4 infantry or 1-3 cavalry representing one BattleLore figure. I don't think I have any pictures from BattleLore, but I do for Commands & Colors Ancients:

From gallery of kentreuber
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Officer
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Harrelson wrote:
Thanks, Ben. Are they 4" hexes?
100mm flat to flat hexes I think. They are the Kallistra ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls